2 pistols

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breeje, Oct 11, 2014.

1. cruczi

Yeah cos we don't already have uncloaking OHK infiltrators :rolleyes:
  2. Rovertoo

I think if they didn't remove the primary, it would be insanely OP. Like carrying a second, low clip capacity mega primary in your pocket. No reason to carry just one pistol if you can have 2. If they did remove it, I still think it would have merit for sheer damage (2 rebels, anyone?) and sheer AWESOMENESS, at the drawback of no primary, no ADS, and probably a super long reload.
  3. Klypto

Would be too overpower or too weak.

I just want to equip a secondary weapon in my primary slot so I can carry 2 pistols with me.
  4. Shadowomega

Well there was talk that the Light Assault could get dual wield but at the cost of their Jet pack.
  5. Hegeteus

I don't think it would be that stupid for LAs, if infiltrators can manage without their primary too. But if primary would be disabled, then I think jetpack should remain usable. One example of another down-side would be doubled+ reloading times and loss of ADS
  6. Schizomatic

But how would I click on Rend?
  7. DatVanuMan

Dummkopfs! Don't give the TR ideas!
  8. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Ofc 2 pistols would be beyond balance because it already took some time to introduce and balance new single pistols.

All i could imagine is a primary weapon for the TR heavy, double burst psitol? Could kill faster than close range calibers but slower than pumpguns for the same range. Secondary+launcher locked.
  9. Iridar51

You take them both in one hand, and reload them at the same time, like in AvP (1999-2001). Also can be seen here.

Or with special sleeve-mounted reloaders.

Here's a realistic way. And that's with placing the magazines back in the vest, if mags were dumped the whole process would be much faster.

Or with hip-mounted magazine holder.
  10. Pouk3D

Even I'm against the idea, I should still mention that with dualwielding you should have half the accuracy of the original weapon.
  11. Diilicious

id love to see the animations for reloading both of the pistols while holding them. LOL

this isnt james bond goldeneye where the guns just go offscreen and are magically reloaded...
  12. JudgeNu

13. z1967

I got a feeling reload times would be around Carbine reload speeds +1s or so. For balance purposes I guess.
  14. TheKhopesh

Stalker with dual xbows... :eek:
    Instagibbed around every corner.
  15. Bindlestiff

It still isn't finished, unless you class Spiker as finished?
  16. TheKhopesh

That "toss the mags in the air and catch them, then release the slides by pressing the ejection ports together" reload animation is hilariously unrealistic.

First off, physics.
    That's not how they work.

You cannot reload by tossing the mags in the air like that, the inner locking mechanisms are too stiff and the mag would just hit them and get launched back out by the spring tension.
    (Assuming you've got the god-level hand-eye-coordination and ability to actually pull it off to begin with!)
    Second, you're gonna tear up the ejection ports by slamming them together to release the slides.
    Seriously, that will beat even the sturdiest of handguns to sh*t VERY quickly.

(But really, why not just press the slide releases on the sides of the weapons to begin with?)

This is something only a wannabe CoD kiddie would actually try in real life (and I mourn the day one of those chowder brains actually hets his greasy mitts on a real firearm!).

Overall though, I rate the animation 8/10 for looking cool, and 0/10 for plausibility & reliability in a life and death situation.
    The music is good though! ;)
  17. JudgeNu

Wow really? lol
    One can only take the Realism Train so far in a game.
    Esp when we can have our heads on fire.
    Or revive the dead with a nanite gun.
    It was just an illustration not a recommendation.

*no animosity intended*