I'm new please help w my loadout

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadownium, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Shadownium

Hi guys, I am relatively new to this game, and I want to play as TR infiltrator. I want to go for the long range sniping route with a handy secondary weapon to defend myself in case people get too close. What primary and secondary should i go for? and what should i pick for cloaking, armor, and utility? Please help me with my load out, thx guys :)
  2. Govedo13

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...trator-is-it-normal-to-suck-this-much.201796/
    This could help. Note that all long range sniper guns in 3 factions are identical the names are different.

You got some bolt action sniper for 100 cert MlB something .. Get it and add 12x zoom and straight pull bolt to it. The second option that have 100 m more range to headshot kills but have longer chamber time and a bit poorer accuracy is rams50 for 1000 cert.

TR have advantage in pistol department the default repeater is great pistol. Later you can add commissioner or underboss if you value more lower rpm more dps guns.
    I suggest also to check YouTube for videos of guy called Elusive1 he does short range sniping but it is worthy to check. Also check for guides there.
  3. cruczi

Primary: M77-B to start with, only 100 certs. Does the job same as any bolt action rifle, the 1000 cert ones are worth it only if you dedicate yourself to long range sniping. I've Auraxiumed it and the RAMS .50M, they perform basically the same. The default 6x scope is the most versatile but you might like the higher zoom ones depending on how much you want to avoid close-mid range fights.

Secondary: Repeater is one of the best pistols in the game, does lots of damage in a short time up close which makes it great for those 'oh crap' moments. Stick with that for now, focus on the abilities/tools. Underboss, Inquisitor and Commissioner are good choices when you're swimming in certs.

Cloak: Hunter cloak is the best sniper cloak. Nano-armor cloak really doesn't make much sense for any playstyle, IMHO, as it benefits you only when you take damage, when a much better approach is to avoid taking damage in the first place. Stalker cloak prevents you from equipping a primary weapon so that's not an option for a sniper.

Suit slot: Several decent choices here.
    • Nanoweave is great for beginners as it gives you extra survivability and makes your game a bit more forgiving to mistakes. But it won't save you from the head shots of counter-snipers, making it a little bit pointless for a long range infiltrator.
    • Personally I prefer Adrenaline pump because it allows me to reposition faster, escape faster, gain a good sniping spot faster etc. You can cross greater distances while cloaked so it also makes you harder to detect.
    • Advanced shield capacitor is a good all-round choice. It doesn't usually improve your survivability, but it does lower your downtime - when maxed out, you'll have to wait only 6 seconds for shields to begin recharging instead of 10 seconds, which means you can get back to sniping 4 seconds faster whenever you take damage.
    • Flak armor doesn't make a lot of sense for snipers. Infiltrators mainly benefit from it in close quarters where they're susceptible to grenades, infantry mines, rockets, tank splash damage etc.
    • Ammunition belt: pointless
    • Grenade bandolier: pointless for sniping.
    Utility:Start with medkits. Regen kits are a bad choice as they only restore health when not cloaked, cloaking in the middle of the regeneration means you don't regain HP. Medkits allow you to uncloak, instantly heal, and cloak again. When you have enough certs, you should get both claymore ranks, as a sniper you can use them to cover your surroundings and set traps for anyone who comes looking your way.
    Implant: I find Regeneration to be the most useful for infiltrators because I almost always have claymores instead of medkits. But the default implant (Enhanced targeting) is good, there's usually no reason to pick another implant unless you have something specific in mind like jumping off a cliff safely (Safe landing).
  4. Villanuk

I play Infiltrator more now days. The Rams ( 12x zoom ), long range, high power is what i use, but that's a supporting role to take out other snipers. I use the commissioner as secondary. High power, just a few shots for a kill and can kill at range.

Claymores, I use them a lot and have saved my camping butt many times

Implant, Holding your breath level 3. Makes a huge difference in waiting for the perfect head shot.

This set up is not for gung ho play, its sitting back camping sniping.

If im going around the base to hack turrets and terminals i use Stalker Cloak with the implant sensor shield, so i cant get picked up on the HUB by other infils. I still use claymore, perfect for getting kills around bases.

*** Tip *** if a turret is in use, put a claymore behind it. Hack the turret from the side, he gets forced out and claymored :)

So if you state what kind of roll you want to play, then you might get a different response.
  5. NCagent00kevin

Just put a Laser sight on your Repeater and you're good to go in the sidearm department.
  6. GhostAvatar

:eek: only from hip fire. And if you're hip firing a BASR, you're definitely doing it wrong.
  7. OldMaster80

As sniper the ammo belt is stronhly recommended.
  8. RottenHeart

change to VS, grab a PPA, you win.
  9. maxwell smart

abit melodramatic ^^

back to topic if u like fast paced gaming and if u have alil aim get
    the soas scout rifle i love that gun more than my hailstorm, armistice
    or the ns- pdw.
    and for 250 certs its kinda cheap...
  10. Iridar51

WHAT?!
    • Up x 1
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

stick to the Repeater (TR default pistol), the best sidearm in the game for closequarters since it deals so much damage when spammed. get a lasersight for it and fire from the hip at opponents who get too close. silencer isnt needed but if you want to remain stealthed you can get one
  12. Fellgnome

M77-B + Repeater is a good start and cheap. Upgrading your hunter cloak is probably the biggest benefit after that, and getting the laser sight on the Repeater. Then you can pick either nanoweave or extra ammo and get a few cheap ranks to start with. Personally I rarely end up using the extra ammo.

Eventually when you can spare 1000 certs an SR-7 or RAMS .50 is better than the M77-B.

I also like the TSAR-42 for mid-ranges, limited to a 4x scope, but it has no scope sway which is a huge benefit. I think sniping is usually pretty boring in this game, but with the TSAR you can be a little closer to the action where you'll tend to get more kills at least in my experience.
  13. t31os

Get yourself an SMG and upgrade recon darts, you'll be much more useful and appreciated by your team.
  14. cruczi

Yes? Inquisitor is awesome. Far easier to ADS than either NS pistol, and also easier than any other TR pistol. Drops only one damage tier so it outcompetes Underboss in theoretical DPS after 23.5m, not that Underboss is viable at such range anyway. But Inquisitor is viable to at least 50 meters.

Also, 4300 damage per mag in a pistol? Yes please. Makes it a great short range panic tool, smash MB1 until enemy is dead.
  15. Iridar51

What you need in a sidearm is lethality, Inquisitor has none as much as nerfed Beamer.
    There is a threshold past which DPM no longer matters, in a sidearm I'd say that threshold is 2500.
    It's true that Inquisitor has good handling, though, and a game session with NS-11A today reminded me of why that's important.
    Inquisitor suffers from the same affliction as the Hailstorm - too much unnecessary ammo, not enough lethality.
  16. cruczi

But it is lethal. Firstly: it has better DPS than Emperor, Mag-Shot, Rebel, Manticore and Cerberus. Secondly it is the game's most lethal ranged pistol by a rather large margin. Finally, it is lethal in terms of DPM (dakka!).

DPM does matter for Inquisitor because it complements its long range damage. With 30 rounds of 125 damage each, you can do serious damage at range despite the lowish ROF. If it was limited to 20 rounds, efficiency would be reduced quite dramatically. Here's a fun comparison:

damage @ 75m .. ROF .. stand-move COF .. bloom per shot
    Cougar = 125 .. 550 .. 0.3 .. 0.05
    Inquisitor = 125 .. 531 .. 0.3 .. 0.1

You wouldn't say Cougar doesn't need more than 20 rounds per mag would you?

When you start treating Inquisitor like a semi auto carbine, you'll see why 30 rounds per mag matters. It also matters in CQC: it allows you to reliably dispatch two enemies without reloading. Of course, if they're both attacking you, you're unlikely to survive, but that's not always the case... sometimes they're attacking your teammates, sometimes you'll be catching them off guard. It may not be the best CQC pistol, but it is perfectly serviceable. Pistols that approach the DPS of primary weapons give up versatility for that.

Inquisitor is less of a backup weapon and more of a "secondary primary", it perfectly complements highly specialized primary weapons like sniper rifles and shotguns. Other more specialized pistols like Commissioner and Repeater complement general purpose primary weapons (carbines, AR's etc).
  17. Iridar51

Don't you mean potential DPS? I can't imagine a person that's able to click 9 times per second and still fire with any degree with accuracy.

That's the issue with low-damage semi auto pistols. If you're gonna be spam clicking, a burst pistol is better. If you're gonna aim each shot, then rate of fire doesn't matter, and all you need is damage per shot.

I would, if I could carry Cougar in sidearm slot.
    Unrealistic, but a point in favor.

Can agree with that.
  18. cruczi

Sure, potential DPS. 9 clicks per second is very hard over the span several seconds, but it's certainly possible to near-max out the ROF (say, 500 RPM or 8.33 clicks per second or 1191 DPS) for one second at a time which is enough to dispatch one enemy at close range. Even if you don't quite hit 500 RPM, you'll still compete with the numbers of the pistols I mentioned, but without giving up damage at range and DPM.

Agreed. It would be rather overpowered if it was actually better at being a burst pistol than actual burst pistols, or if it was better at being a high damage pistols than actual high damage pistols. It doesn't need to be better at those because its role is to be versatile and adaptable across different ranges and encounters. It doesn't place limits on what you can do, only on how well you can do it, but even then those limits are mostly arbitrary and your effectiveness with the weapon depends primarily on your skill as a user.

Why does it matter what slot it's in?

[Bane]For you.[/Bane] :p
  19. Iridar51

Secondary slot means I have a primary weapon with greater DPM. Secondary slot is reserved for backup weapons, used when primary runs dry mid combat or expends all available ammo. So it's normal for a secondary to be weaker than a primary, in DPM or any other category.
  20. cruczi

You have a long range Sniper Rifle in your primary slot, remember? Context man, context :)