x64-bit doesn't work. // x32-bit crashes to desktop each 20-30 min.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SushiFresco, Oct 7, 2014.

1. FireclawX

2. Spiritualised

3. FireclawX

No. I am using a Lenogo Y580 Laptop (not ideal, I know)

Quad Core i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHz
    8 GB RAM
    2 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M

Also, I'm CPU bound 100% of the time, and I run the game at medium graphical settings (because turning them down doesn't give me more frames)

Task manager also shows that I'm only using 15-20% of my CPU power while running the game...
  4. queue

From what I can tell from videos and my own crashes, the Hitching and the 32bit CTD seem to be the same problem. The only difference being that the 64bit client can recover from the hitch, the 32bit client just dumps, presumably because it maxes out the single process memory usage limitations.
    • Up x 1
  5. SushiFresco

Yeah I've downloaded it from that page, I run the file to install and later it says "no installation needed"
  6. Brian van den Berg

If you get a missing DLL error, then it doesn't mean you have those files at all. It means there's something with the register of the file in your Registry. If the DLL isn't registered, Planetside2.exe will never be able to locate the DLL on your computer.

A (NOT RECOMMENDED!!) workaround is manually finding which dll's Planetside2 need and search them on your computer using some search function, copying those files to your planetside2.exe directory.
    • Up x 1
  7. anitbot

8. Spiritualised

Hi mate I stumbled across this while mooching on the forums . This is pretty much the route I was gonna take you. I would follow these steps and see how you get on. I had this issue myself a while back and the DX runtime was the fix for me. Dont forget to validate your game files aswell and as Alex says reboot after each update install . The next step I was going to suggest was the .net framework. I have .net framework ver 2.0 service pack 2, ver 3.0 sp2, ver 3.5 sp1 and ver 4.5 full client. I know the game works on my machine with those .nets installed but I believe the one for PS2 is ver 3.5. I would also run the .net installer before running windows update incase there have been any recent windows patches for it, ie a patch for ver 4.5 went out on Tuesday.

Lol you beat me to it. That was going to be my last ditch suggestion should nothing else work. He hasnt received any missing dll warnings. Hes had the 0xc000007b error which is usually caused by a mix up of 32 and 64 bit environments. IE 32 bit app loads 64 bit dll causing the 0xc000007b error
    • Up x 1
  9. Spiritualised

10. SushiFresco

I've finally fixed it!!!! The game works perfectly with x64-bit. My fps increased from 30-40 to 90-120, incredible!!

I really appreciate all your help and your interest on this post, seems the problem was a way more simple than expected...

I just opened Windows Update and installed all optional updates, specially the .NET Frameworks. Then downloaded again the DirectX WebInstaller from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

It patched a couple of files and done. Opened PS2 and initiated fine!!

And thank you all again, this could not be possible without your help. SOE team should learn that from you all.

PD: Now let's see if the game don't crash again as before... I'll post again if it does!
    • Up x 2
  11. Spiritualised

Nice one buddy :) I had an idea it would be either dx or .net framework. Im glad it was nothing too serious and the boost its given you. I bet it feels like a completely different game hahaha. Anyways Im glad its fixed for ya
    • Up x 1
  12. Mihnea

I've just uninstalled PS2, enjoy life. See you next year..
  13. Pamelo

Having the same problems as OP.
  14. Spiritualised

Have you tried any of the suggestions in the previous posts. The game is now working for the OP
  15. MasterDemoman

I've been having the same problems for... since 64 bit came about originally. I opened a support ticket a while back, but after 4 responses I gave up.

Devs don't seem to be keeping 32 bit up to date, despite the fact they aren't fixing 64 bit's problems... I have a decent bit of trust for em, but I'm not sure what they could possibly be doing.
    • Up x 2
  16. Spiritualised

do you get this error 0xc000007b ?
  17. MasterDemoman

I don't even get errors, my game loads perfectly fine until I get to the character selection screen. I'll click play and get a reeeeeeaaally long loading screen, then at 95%-ish I'll hear sounds of people shuffling around, as if I'm at the warpgate... Then at 100% it crashes.
  18. Spiritualised

Ive not had any experience with that problem so I cant really help you. I will say run windows update to make sure you have all the relevant files. New versions of .net framework went out in september so if you havent updated since then i would give that a shot. Install any updates especially related to .net framework ,reboot and see how you get on. No doubt youve been told that already but its a good place to start.
  19. MasterDemoman

Literally just ran a windows update after seeing this thread, the only thing I don't have is Windows 8.1.
  20. Spiritualised

did it install any updates ?
    Dont worry about not having windows 8.1. Daft question but Ive got to ask it. Are you on win7 64