To TR and NC which was worse ZOE age or PPA age?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Kociboss

ZOE.

Dark times my friend. Dark times indeed.
    • Up x 3
  2. patrykK1028

PPA nerf denied!!!
    • Up x 1
  3. DatVanuMan

So, how is it NOW? Do you actually think it's balanced? Or do you realize like any honest person that it's gone too far?
  4. DatVanuMan

EVERYONE on this thread said ZOE.
    How's ZOE now?
  5. LibertyRevolution

ZOE Now? Now it may as well be a suicide button...
    Any VS with an IQ higher than NC uses charge now.
  6. EGuardian1

[IMG]
  7. z1967

Its gone too far. I haven't seen a glowing disco crab in months. Needs to be redone, because the original concept is far too hard to balance with current MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

I main VS and played it during the reign of ZOE while I've been mostly on my TR as of late.

Playing against PPA is annoying but it's not really OP, ZOE was legit OP and I didn't even have to play against it back then to know it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sir.Rip Yo Fezz Off

I actually saw one inside what i believe was Mani this morning. He died. Fast.

Although i wonder what could be a neat ability for VS maxes. I have a horrible feeling someone somewhere is thinking about cloaking. Now that would be horrible
  10. Rogueghost

PPA is more annoying than it is threatening, and it only harms infantry.

ZOE was the scourge of God, none could escape its wrath.
  11. Popper100

You know, from everything I've heard, it still seems like adding a three second run-on timer to the damage debuff once you toggled off would have solved a lot of the problems. ZOE should make you a glass cannon, so perhaps an even higher debuff to compensate for returning it to old stat buffs?
  12. Ixidron

All ES MAX abilities are useless, in lockdown you are a sitting duck I can't recall the last time I saw a MAX in lockdown, shield is bugged as hell, bullets and explosions go through that's to ****** hit registration, you can't do anything while using the shield so basically you just become a damage sponge and a C4 practice target.

Charge is always better.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ixidron

Hell no, the problem was not the damage debuff, the problem was super strafing speed which allowed VS MAXes to dodge rockets.
    • Up x 3
  14. Popper100

Can't dodge a rocket shotgun, and if the debuff is increased bullets would largely do the job better. Like I said, glass cannon status, you should be worried that one of these things is going to charge your lines but not worried that it can't die.

Besides, it would only take 1 rocket to do it in and would have no way of negating that fact if it activated the field. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
  15. NC_agent00kevin

I choose option C:

The Reign of The Striker
  16. Kanil

PPA is comically easy to use, and vastly superior to the other faction's options... but it's not all-conquering. It can't be taken into buildings, it doesn't hurt tanks, and anyone equipped with it usually gets preoccupied with spawn room camping, so you can at least avoid it.

ZOE obsoleted infantry. The MAX's primary weakness is it's low speed, and ZOE counteracted that, effectively giving them no weakness. I never want to see it buffed, I'd just rather see it removed entirely and replaced. Jumpjets sound much more balanced than ZOE ever was.
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

Option D: Reign of the Vulcan/Marauder Harasser!
    • Up x 1
  18. IrishPride

I have found that i can be just as annoying with my Marauder along side the PPA , though mainly from my MBT rather than its nerfed harrasser cousin
  19. z1967

Best I could come up with is better accuracy and maybe some more damage (for AV weapons) but your resistances to small arms are lowered. Seems ok-ish and better than what currently exists.
  20. DLL2

For this is it this period is horrible. mag ap + saron is the best dps of the game, they kill sundy on 3sec. All vanu got lancer the best roquet lancher of the game. On mass zerg +300players ppa don't have skin animation \o/.