x64-bit doesn't work. // x32-bit crashes to desktop each 20-30 min.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SushiFresco, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SushiFresco

Hi guys,

As you read the thread I have those problems...

First of all when I open the launcher and I click to PLAY the game doesn't start. It says the game is starting, please wait, but nothing happens and it takes me back to the launcher with the PLAY button again.

[IMG]

So in order to play I have to open the launcher again and then go to the game directory (without closing the launcher). Then change names to a couple of files:
    - "PlanetSide2_x64" to "PlanetSide2_x64xx"
    - "PlanetSide2_x86" to "PlanetSide2_x64"
    Due to this I can launch the game without problems but as x32-bit...

The REAL problem is there...

A week ago I downloaded a new patch of PS2 and then I started having problems while I was ingame. I could play with the x32bit game since they put the new x64 which gave me the problems, but now my game crashes every 20 or 30 minutes and then it takes me to the desktop. It freezes for 5 seconds and then the game closes without any message or error.

I'm tired of looking for fixes in the net, I want you to invest more time to improve those errors/bugs or whatever because this will make your customers (gamers) leave this great game thanks to the non-fixed errors.

To finish I will leave here my system info:

- Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.40GHz
    - 12 GB RAM
    - Windows 64 bits
    - AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (2GB, GDDR5)
    - Direct X up to date

I would appreciate your interest in order to solve this.
    Thank you.

• Up x 1
  2. Asymmetrical

I have had crashes in past, but I think the current patch is the champion of crashing.
  3. m00eh

Yes, this patch is crashing everyone hard amongst other problems as well, but most people are sadly not bothering to say a thing on the forums or anywhere else for that matter because they are under the notion that anything said or posted will fall on deaf ears. Can't imagine how that ever came about. Philosorapter.jpg
  4. dezusa

Im getting a ton of crashes aswell, usually from redeploying. i like how its named 'Quality of Life' patch :oops:
  5. ProfessorHobbes

Lucky you, I run 32 bit and my game crashes to the desktop after around 5 minutes. Have yet to find a fix.
  6. gehzilla

Same here....:(:oops:
  7. Damz49

Same here.

But sometimes I can play 1.5hr in 32 bits without any crash, and sometimes game crash to desktop 0.5s after loading.
  8. MajiinBuu

x64 bit is unplayable for me, hitching constantly, nonstop.
    x32 bit is playable, steady framerate, no hitching, but it crashes to desktop frequently.
    • Up x 1
  9. xsde

My new game? Planetside 2 CRASH
    Do not ever disappoint
  10. SushiFresco

Since today they patched now it appears this error when I try to run it 64x...

[IMG]
  11. user101

This is easy -- you have an old version of DIRECTX 9.0 and you need DirectX 9.0C but you will have to hand delete the files most likely... !! And do a reinstall of 9.0C you can try MS install but if it fails you will have to hand delete the files.
  12. SushiFresco

I have my direct X updated. My version is Direct X 11, is it wrong? Anyway I'll try to reinstall.
  13. user101

Well PS2 requires 9.0C but the error is caused by a file that is not up to date. You can't just uninstall DirectX you have to have the correct files. It most likely going to be a D3Dxx.DLL file that is wrong.

Search the forum on this - other people have had this problem. But most had to hand delete the files. And do a reinstall of DirectX.
  14. Spiritualised

Deleting files from your DX is bad advice and in the long run will probably do more harm than good.

Just use this
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

If hes rrunning windows 7, Im going to assume he does, it ships with dx11. So no, he doesnt need to upgrade his dx version. As youve been told before, DX11 is backwardly compatible. What is missing is some of the dx9 libraries. This cant be fixed by installing older versions of DX because older DX versions wont install over newer versions (this is usually the point where idiots start hand deleting) The correct and only way to install the missing files is by using the microsoft directx end user runtime (linked above), which provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of Direct X. I hope this also helps you with any future issues you may have with your DX versions :)
    • Up x 3
  15. Spiritualised

No your dx isnt wrong. If user101 runs dxdiag, even his will say its directx11. If you have made any changes to your DX files, revert them or reinstall dx11, just to be on the safe side.Then download and run this file, direct x end user runtime web installer (linked)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

That file will install the related missing libraries for you.
    • Up x 2
  16. SushiFresco

Nice to hear somebody giving a clear solution but... it says I already have an updated DirectX so I don't need to install anything more.
    I didn't uninstall DirectX before as user101 said. I know W7 already comes with DX11.

I also tried downloading the "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
    I've removed files from Jun2010 in PlanetSide2 directory (E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\PlanetSide 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010)
    Then unpacked directx_Jun2010_redist.exe inside Jun2010 but nothing happened. Still with the same error.
    • Up x 1
  17. SushiFresco

I've downloaded DLL Fixer too in order to fix missing DLL files but nothing.
  18. user101

Sper boy is a good programmer too. But just not as good as me... you got to do what I say and delete all that old DX9.0 stuff by hand. Then reinstall 9.0C- then it will work. You installed a game that over wrote the 9.0C stuff with 9.0 the file names are the same .... so the installer just skips it when installing it.

Other wise your not going to be able to play PS2.
  19. Badname406

user101 is a troller dont listen to him or youll get yourself trouble
    • Up x 2
  20. Spiritualised

Sorry its taken so long to reply I was in work earlier, Im home now. It should be a bit easier to help you out now Im at my PC and not the mac. Just to clarify, when you say, "it says I already have an updated DirectX so I don't need to install anything more.", did you install or run the file I linked from microsoft ?. If that file installs without hitch then your DX should be fine. If you still cant load the game I would look at reinstalling the latest .net framework as the 0xc000007b error is often caused by a faulting or dated .net framework

Just to make sure were on the same page please download and install this.........http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

When will you stop. You are neither a programmer or a hardware developer. Your forum posts more than reflect that and your profile inspired my sig. As i said earlier you cannot install older versions of dx over newer versions so 9c being over written by ver 9 isnt going to happen.
    • Up x 1