Hitching not fixed after 10/6 hotfix.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ransurian, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ransurian

I'm still getting debilitating hitch spikes that completely shut down my ability to play in populated areas. Nothing seems to have changed on my end.
  2. Mhorlok

It actually seems worse for me... went from the occasional "hitch" to tanks and Sunderers flying through the air...
  3. William Petersen

I swear if anything it's gotten worse for me. =-\
  4. Ransurian

I'm not sure if it's any worse on my end, but it's definitely not better. I'm having a hell of a time sifting through my own team in the midst of client lock-ups every few seconds.
  5. Legend-

yeah after this patch, I got more hitching and huge fps drop it didn't help at all, they could at least fix 32 bits crash it works better.
  6. AllocF

Likewise here, Hitching worse after the 10/6 patch. Reported in game as well as here. Is there any data the devs would like to see to help them debug this.

AllocF
  7. Keiichi58

Record it and also check the Planetside 2/Logs. The 10/6 patch was suppose to reduce the level of logging. I noticed the micro-hitching wasn't as bad where I needed to do the /loglevel local 0.
  8. NikolaiLev

I've had horrible hitching since the Valkyrie update, and each update has made it worse until the last few weeks where it's been unplayable. The most recent hotfix did nothing as I already tried modifying the loglevel. Setting /loglevel local 0 did help a little, but it's still unplayable.

Specs:

Radeon HD 4890 1gb
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16ghz
    4gb PC6400 ram
  9. Scatterblak

Hitching for a long time now - happens when I get on a Flash, or when I go to the map, but not every time. 3 times in about 45 minutes tonight. Seems like it might be slightly more often after the new patch, but I can't be sure.
  10. Simferion

I didn't experience any hitching before, now I am.
  11. SgtShiutdown

That last patch fixed it for me. Kudos to the devs.
  12. B4dLuCk

/re-signed

It still happens to me a lot and is unplayable...

Code:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Mainboard: MSI MS-7514 (P45 Neo3-FR)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400  @ ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB DDR2 - 1066 RAM (Corsair & G.SKILL 4x2GB)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Soundcard: Onboard

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
  13. Bushmaster

I have it too after the update...

It was running really fine after the update on my stressed out AMD - but the update was not adressing the issue.
    5 min later I got the desync/timelag - not recovering like it sometimes does with erratic hitching to follow.

Win7 64 bit
    2x2GB RAM 1866
    AMD FM1 3870K 4x3Ghz
    Radeon HD 6700 1GDDR5
    Low GFX settings Medium textures.
    New drivers
  14. PoxLUFC

Totally sick of this bs, gonna uninstall game, I'll keep an eye on forumside, but this hitching is bleeding ridiculous, its ok making updates to the commerce side of the game, but if the game is broken you'll have no sodding customers left, hows about updating your common sense soe?
    • Up x 1
  15. placeholder22

Since the patch, I am experiencing microstutter, eg. frame latencies alternating 15ms and 50ms thus feeling like 20fps (50ms) even though the fps display shows 35 fps (15+50ms / 2) after a certain play time. (For those that think that microstutter has to do with SLI: you are dumb and I have a single card setup)

I suspect rather than just memleaking until either swap gets used (and the game becomes unplayably hitchy) for those fools who have swap activated, or just getting OOM-killed for those people that don't use swap (intelligent, good looking people such as myself) the game is now doing some weird loading/unloading when it begins to run oom which causes the microstutter.

I am urgently /r/equesting a no-custom-skin-camo-bs mode. Like, everyone is displayed with the default camo, to improve both balance, memory footprint, and performance.
  16. Ransurian

It doesn't appear as though backlogging is -- or was -- causing hitching.
  17. Durvin

I have been getting hitches since the Valkyrie patch.
    Since the Halloween patch 64-bit has been intolerable.
    32-bit works well but randomly crashes with no error message.

Besides the hitching, performance has never been better.

Intel Pentium G620 dual core @2.6 GHz
    8 GB DDR3 ram(forgot the speed)
    Win7 64-bit
    WD Blue(7200 RPM) HD , 1TB
    Nvidia 650 Ti 1 GB
  18. 3punkt14159

I am really wondering,. some people talkting about some hitches after 3 hourse of playing, whin i log in it locks like that:

Video was taken from my mobile phone.

There is more freeze time then no freeze time.
  19. bulletcatcher

Exactly the same almost constant freezing for me...i could run 32bit until today , now its ctd every 15 minutes...well..time to get a life