Massive FPS Drop After Sept. Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tadaskay, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Tadaskay

Well, before I begin:
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor, 3.20 GHz
    4.00 GB RAM
    Geforce GTX 660 Graphics card

Specs aside, I was able to run the game (albeit with some minor problems) fairly well before the patch. In large battles, I would lag every now and again for about a second or two. Now, after the update, I can't take 5 steps, literally, 5 steps...I counted, (large battles, small battles, or absolutely nothing around me) without my FPS dropping to 1. It is physically impossible for me to play the game. I have my game specs all set to "low", render distance is also at 750. Is this just a problem that I have, or have other people have this problem as well? Is there any fix for it, or am I stuck in limbo waiting to get back onto the massive battlefields :S
  2. xboxerdude

you require at least 2 gigs more of ram
  3. QQlazors

Essentially, 8 gigabytes of RAM is required, expect 12 Gigabytes to be required in the future.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tadaskay

Alright, thanks.
  5. Aldaris

Whether he needs more RAM or not, doesn't explain a sudden decrease in performance.
  6. AndHellFollowed

Does it matter? People with trash PC's shouldn't be questioning performance drops AFTER patches. You build an Apartment Block using tape and bubblegum, and then when a family of 5 move into the top floor you wonder why your bad architecture cannot handle the extra load as well as before? :rolleyes:
  7. BULLET010

You don't have enough memory.

Also with that last major update there was a mem leak.
    I saw my total mem go up to about 6GB. Thankfully I have 8GB. But with only 4GB that extra data
    would have spilled onto my hard drive. And in theory would made have made my game run slower
    since access time from a HDD is slower than access time from mem.

Anyway...what you should have...
    2GB is kinda the standard for Windows 7
    2-3GB is the standard for Apps
    Since you would need approx 5GB then you would be fine with 4GB + 4GB = 8GB.
    If you need to run a beastly machine that needs to run intensive apps then 16 GB.
  8. Aldaris

Of course it matters. If performance goes from acceptable to poor for no reason, that isn't ok.

Also to the guy above me, 6GB runs PS2 just fine.
  9. Warbux

I'm with OP on a massive FPS drop after the patch. Went from 100-130 FPS to barely touching 60FPS and dropping below 40 FPS in big fights now.

3.5ghz i-5 4690 Haswell OC to 3.9ghz
    8 GB 2133hz DDR3 Ram
    Geforce 770
  10. lautzenheiser

Well, I don't know how complaining about his PC not being up to some random guy's standards helps this. My computer is an I7 4770k @4.0 Ghz, GTX 970 4G, 12 Gigs at 1866 Mhz of RAM and the game is running out of a 120 GB SSD. The game is locked to 57 fps at max settings even in huge battles. This is unacceptable. I will be playing this game once this is fixed.