cayotes, double the mag size and half the damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by randomtree1, Oct 5, 2014.

1. randomtree1

cayotes, double the mag size and half the damage what do you think?
    • Up x 1
  2. MacavitySWE

Coyotes*, and no.
    • Up x 1
  3. BobSanders123

It would make them a lot less effective as you would need to hit the target with all 12 rockets instead of six. This is a nerf.
    Decrease the damage to 60 from 100 and increase RoF to 460 from 400, and double the mag size. Making it actually make sense since you have four big clusters of these things and only fire six and wait for a long time then fire six more.
  4. LightningWolfTigrBer

I think that's the idea.
  5. Axehilt

Right now alternating rotary/coyotes has a good flow to it (both are bursty weapons and empty their magazines quickly, and you can switch to the other while reloading to keep firing.) Would be sort of needless to ruin the pacing of that.

I'm all for introducing a higher skill ceiling A2A secondary (with better performance than coyotes), but as it stands Coyotes are just fine. If you want to fly the most damaging A2A ESF, you go rotary+coyote. If you want to play more mobile and control engagements, you go nosegun+fuel (knowing that an accurate opponent can outdamage you if it comes to a straight-up DPS race.) Everyone else is basically at a distinct disadvantage.
  6. Alarox

I like this idea.
  7. thingymajigy

Better idea: slightly decrease damage and increase mag size to 7.
    This gives a slight nerf due to the extra missile needing to hit (Is that what people want?) and also matches the visual 7-missile pod.