Hidden ultra settings in user options.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PharmD, Oct 4, 2014.

1. PharmD

Have there been any official comments from developer(s) on which settings signify "true ultra"? Obviously texture, particle, and shadow quality can all be set to ultra via the in-game menu but for lightening, graphics, effects, terrain, flora, and model-the max these can be set is just high. So for one to attain ultra quality for the aforementioned settings, they would need to go into the user options and set each individually to 5? Is that correct? 5 designates ultra? And render quality-the highest is 1.2, correct as well?

My in-game and user options settings are as pictured: http://imgur.com/a/HOZO7
  2. psyshow

To the best of my knowledge, you are cancelling out what you consider to be ultra. The in game settings for ultra is as high as it will go. The only trick I have found is if you select 'ultra' again when the game is loaded, you now get motion blur back (but not as in game box you can select on and off).

If your looking for how to make things look even nicer, you need to open your graphics card menu and dial everything up on that, multi sampling transparency, texture filtering etc. I use an NVIDIA gtx780 with everything maxed in that menu apart from FFXA because I had read this doesn't work in Planetside.
  3. Jac70

Yeah I don't think you can get higher than in-game Ultra settings. You can make things look real nice with increasing the renderQuality setting in your useroptions.ini - I have mine running at 1.41 now and the game looks nice and crisp.