Still crashing to desktop after selecting character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by O'toole, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Lupusain

I just started having this problem as showed in the screenshot above. Since the new patch. Say did you find a way to resolve this issue?
  2. AMA.Mikhail

I have been having this problem as well and found a fix. I validated my game files and now everything works normally.
  3. 8ThousandPeople

Everyone make sure you aren't running the game from steam. I'll take steam with me to the grave, it it doesn't like planetside very much.
  4. AyleidRuin

I had this problem after my PC crashed in middle of a Patch Download. Error was "G10".

Solution: Verify Game Cache through the PS2 Launcher. (for me it worked)
    ^Click the "Wrench" (Advanced Tools) =Bottom-Left of the screen and select "Verify Game Assets".
  5. MacavitySWE

I started getting G99 crash to desktop errors a lot today after I woke up, game worked perfectly last night.
  6. AyleidRuin

4Got to add:
    I Am Using Steam. After doing what I posted above, I am right as rain :)
  7. AyleidRuin

@MacavitySWE
    Info located here =PS2 official FAQ

Game Error G99

There is an issue connecting to the login server. The servers may be down for maintenance or game updates. Please wait a few minutes and try again a little later. Be sure to check the forums for announcements on planned server shutdowns and estimated downtimes.
    If there has been no notification of a server shutdown, validate your game files from the LaunchPad and make sure that Planetside 2.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe and launchpad.exe are all set as exceptions in your firewall/antivirus program(s).