wow why TR so bad?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadownium, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Shadownium

SOE why make TR so bad? Here are a few points to demonstrate why TR is bad:
    1. Anchor mode is bad. No one gives a **** about the extra range and stuff. A not moving tank is target practice for enemy heavy assaults/tanks.
    2. As ugly as uglyness can get. VS and NC get cool tech visors/eye shields, TR gets combat goggles. And VS/NC weapons look better than TR weapons.
    3. Noob community. In my experience, VS has the largest amount of good players (even though few in number), NC has the largest amount of players (cuz everyone is like ha america freedom rules), and TR has the largest amount of noobs. Because at first glace VS is alien villain, NC rebel terrorists, and TR the government faction. So all the new players join TR and don't even know how to drive a tank.
    4. SOE made it clear... the terran republic is the antagonist faction, who rules with tyranny. Even their icon is red and black, colors that symbolizes terror. No doubt that TR is supposed to be the Soviet Union. NC is blue and gold, colors that symbolizes good and justice. That eagle obviously makes it clear that NC is America. And cyan and purple? Those two colors just look so cool.
    Im switching over to Vanu cuz TR under powered, NC is stereotypical America of Freedom
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

undefined/10
    • Up x 1
  3. Vertabrae

I didn't know anything about the three factions when I started. Picked tr because I like red and they had the best music.

I stay for the dakka dakka. Long live the dakka dakka.
    • Up x 1
  4. cruczi

This thread is going to end well, I can smell it in the wind.
  5. InvitroCanibal

TR just lacks the numbers on every server. Maybe that's a balance issue, doubt SOE gives a ****. What they did was a drop in the bucket in the recent patch and the NC are already ******** about it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fellgnome

TR has the best looking infantry armor and MAX IMO.

We also have the Dreadnaught Helmet:

[IMG]

Our tank...well yeah it's a box but whatever.

As for weapons/ empire specifics, I'd agree TR is lacking.

Community? No. NC is clearly the worst with the most noobs and 'Muritards. VS has the most tryhard MLG wannabes and people who worship science yet don't seem to realize VS is the most religious themed and unreasonable faction. TR has the sane people that recognize the value of a stable government and understand that even if it's not perfect it is a necessary part of a modern civilization.
    • Up x 4
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

o_O not sure if serious
    • Up x 2
  8. Isokon

Must be the OP's brainfart...
  9. Yuukikun

That's because they get the military role players. They're too busy asking for permission to their squad lead to win fights.
    • Up x 1
  10. IamDH

You can't handle the manliness of the goggles.
  11. -Synapse-

Can't handle the sungoggle swag? :cool:
  12. DFDelta

Can't resist, going to bite.

1. False. Maxed anchor is awesome. Did you know that a AV prowler in anchor mode will kill a AV Magrider hitting it from behind if both tanks are 2/2 and fire at roughly the same time? Front to front it does not even count as a challenge.
    It is only bad if you camp for far too long at the same place, because you turn into infantry bait.

2. Also false. Also only an opinion. Except for the prowler which is the ugliest MBT everything the TR has is beautiful. The weapons look great, Mossies make me moist. And I'm a guy.

3. You've never been NC, have you? Those guys couldn't walk in a straight line if they were chained to tracks.

4. What.
  13. FocusLight

SOE why make TR so bad? They didn't. It's in your head. Here are a few points to demonstrate why TR is bad: This will be good.
    1. Anchor mode is bad. Situationally useful. It don't universally suck, though it's usefulness depends on the conditions of the fight. No one gives a **** about the extra range and stuff. TR players who treat the Prowler as a mobile artillery platform do. A not moving tank is target practice for enemy heavy assaults/tanks. Assuming you allow them to do so. Sometimes, they don't get time to shoot back very much.
    2. As ugly as uglyness can get. Your lack of taste has been noted. VS and NC get cool tech visors/eye shields, Fancy visors with limited practicality. TR gets combat goggles. Indeed. Shields your eyes from dust and grime and helps to diminish the glare from the sun and nearby explosives. That's very handy. And VS/NC weapons look better than TR weapons. Your opinion has been noted. I'd love it if the TR's weapons were generally a bit shorter. Like, reduce those barrels a bit and I'd be happier.
    3. Noob community. I dare you to say that to anyone in my outfit. This depends a lot on where and when you play. In my experience, VS has the largest amount of good players (even though few in number), Your opinion has been noted. NC has the largest amount of players (cuz everyone is like ha america freedom rules), This is true as a general fact, but it's irrelevant to your assertion regarding the skills of the average TR player. and TR has the largest amount of noobs. Wrong. Assuming equal distribution, NC has the largest number of noobs because they get the largest number of new players. This also changes widely from server to server. Because at first glace VS is alien villain, Scary dogmatic alien-worshiping techno fanatics. NC rebel terrorists, Paid henchmen to a corrupt oligarchic corporate confederation of business interests funding terrorists, traitors and rebel thugs and TR the government faction Misguided loyalists to a cripplingly corrupt and power-hungry democratic government turned military dictatorship with delusions of grandeur and oppressive re-conquest of the planet. So all the new players join TR and don't even know how to drive a tank. Hyperbole. I wonder what server you play on and if your trolling. I'm assuming you are, this post is for everyone else' benefit.
    4. SOE made it clear... the terran republic is the antagonist faction, Wrong. SOE made it clear ALL THE FACTIONS ARE GOOD AND BAD. I high-lighted some of the bad aspects of all 3 above. There are positive sides to all of them as well, but they were designed from the get-go to be shades of grey, because SOE was apparently unhappy with the way they made blatant good/bad/ugly sides in Planetside 1. who rules with tyranny. Desires stability, peace, order and freedom from the depravity and oligarchy of the VS and NC. <- See that? It all depends on how you view things. Even their icon is red and black, colors that symbolizes terror. Red symbolize blood, among other things, it has long been a symbol of allegiance (a blood oat) courage, hatred, aggression, and a will to literally bleed for your convictions and ideals (a sacrifice). Black is usually a colour that represents power and authority, as well as evil and darkness. Both colours fit the TR both in the original (benevolent) and later (corrupt and "bad") symbolism. They fit the faction to a T. No doubt that TR is supposed to be the Soviet Union. Your imagination stretch only this far, huh? Read the lore. NC is blue and gold, colors that symbolizes good and justice. Among other things. Yellow for instance, among other things, is considered the colour of COWARDS. That eagle obviously makes it clear that NC is America. Or Imperial Russia, of FASCIST GERMANY and a host of other examples... And cyan and purple? Those two colors just look so cool. Among other things Purple is the colour of PIETY and ROYALTY (Vanu SOVEREIGNTY.) What Cyan symbolize I'm not sure about.
    Im switching over to Vanu cuz TR under powered, Guessing you play on Emerald. Have fun being part of the problem. NC is stereotypical America of Freedom Again, shows what you know. Have fun.
    • Up x 1
  14. Stargazer86

I've gone back and forth on what I think of Anchored Mode. At first, I thought it was awful. You get rooted in one place, allowing C4 fairies and flankers to get easy kills. In terms of 1v1 capability, the Vanguard will win hands down. In terms of mobility, a Magrider wins hands down.

However, once fully maxed out, I began to understand the proper role of the Prowler. You are not a tank. You are an artillery piece. Do not, under most circumstances, engage a Vanguard or Magrider at close range. Instead, scout the terrain. Find a spot a fair distance away that gives you a flanking shot at the enemy armor. Lock down. Proceed to utterly decimate the enemy armor column. Rinse and repeat.

Always, ALWAYS seek out better terrain. Try to avoid chokepoints that force you to go head to head with enemy tanks. You can't do the whole 'peek-a-boo' combat that Vanguards and Magriders excel at. If need be, back up and ALLOW them to push forward while placing yourself in better position to utilize Anchored Mode. Pull tanks from adjacent bases so you can flank. Get up on ridges so you can shoot downward. And if you MUST attack them head on, do so from extreme range and from behind a bit of cover. This is what Prowlers are best at.

Also, there is nothing better than a fully certed Anchored Mode Prowler for killing enemy Sunderers. As long as they haven't stuffed themselves up the staircase of a tower, that is. If you can somehow circle around or find ANY position that gives you a decent shot at it, you will annihilate it.
  15. Shadownium

*** dis **** vs community toxic. two planes dogfighting, i tried to help and shot down the tr plane using my rocket, vs scythe turns back and kills me and says: dis is wut u get 4 ksing. in tr ppl revive me and said sorry after running over me by accident. tr community is better. switched to nc for half an hour, got ran over 13 times by ppl in my squad. wtf. switching back to tr.
  16. DatVanuMan

Yeah, where is that dislike button?
    • Up x 1
  17. DatVanuMan

Why you gotta hate on religion, man?:p
    • Up x 1
  18. cruczi

Here you go: [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  19. Vertabrae

So let me get this straight. The ENTIRE TR, the whole bloody thing, across all servers, sucks because of.....

Anchor Mode, ugly head gear, and TR being portrayed as the bad guys?

Well shoot, we can clear this up quickly. Don't use anchor mode, buy a couple of the wicked looking helmets that some nice people made with the player studio. As for the flag and colors, how do you know the red and black flag was intended to be Soviet. Or that the eagle meant america. Maybe, just maybe, it's all about............Albania. Yes little Albania.....Why? Simple, look at their flag..

[IMG]

Red and Black, double headed eagle. Oh yeah baby, Albania is where its at.
    • Up x 3
  20. NXR1

TR isnt (too) bad but it is definatly the harder faction, highly unrecommended if you dont understand basic game mechanics like controlling recoil since they have the worst accuracy but to make up for that they have the high DPS in the shape of firing speed, so this is the factions for the good players (yet alot of bad players come here) not saying other factions require no skill but TR is the hardest for new players with that aweful accuracy