Striker may be terribad, but CARV is a NIGHTMARE now.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EGuardian1, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Flag

Yeah I did say that. And it's relevant here... how?

Mm, this buff is fine.
  2. Ztiller

The buff to the Carv may seem small on paper, to people who don't know how the gun mechanics works, but in reality the Carv now have less recoil than the Orion.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but didn't they buff the Canister by like 1% or something, and it turned it from a living joke to a pretty solid secondary that actually got nerfed the patch after?
  3. Iridar51

Here's your Russian voicepack:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s15c58b1xRr3
    • Up x 3
  4. Tuco

Carbs don't shoot tanks though
  5. Ghosty11

Try the AR's, the TR have a stellar line up of AR's. The T1 and the new one are great all around guns, while the Tar is a CQC beast.
  6. NoctD

TR LMGs are just that - a bunch of meh guns with nothing special. Nothing that compares to the Gauss SAW and Orion which are both unique and strong in their own ways. You could say the MSW-R might be something but it doesn't have 0.75X ADS, and the LA1 Anchor has the benefit of 167 damage vs. 143 damage.

The only bright spots in the TR gun arsenal are the Lynx, Repeater and SABR. Other medic ARs are pretty good too, but if you're a HA, forget about it. A Razor clone? - give me an AC-X11 clone, or at least something comparable to the Pulsar C.
    • Up x 3
  7. Ghelyar

You require hundreds of certs to make the SAW useful, and it's a specialized long range gun rather than a versatile all-rounder. What kind of starter weapon is that?

As a NC that switched to TR after auraxing the SAW, I have to agree that the SAW is OK but isn't nearly as good as a lot of people say it is. You need to know how to use it and how not to use it, which new players don't.

The only reason it's a starter weapon is to emphasise the difference in flavour between factions.
    • Up x 1
  8. NoctD

The Gauss SAW is so unique and good at what it does, that you're basically saving yourself 1000 certs. It should be a 1000 cert weapon but the NC get it for free, yet you guys complain.

Ok, how about they make the SAW 1000 certs, and just give you the GD-22S as the starter gun? Its got the basics of starter guns and not all the advanced attachments. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Canaris

• Up x 3
  10. AlCohonez

that is exactly why saw is a bad LMG and a decent long-range auto sniper

I full seriousness, I fully support this idea (there were topics suggesting the same). NC freshmen might actually be of use at pushing the frontline and killing something with a much well-rounded and easier weapon, just like someone who picked up Orion or Carv for the first time. Buying Saw should be done only later when they understand where its niche lies and that it should not be as a LMG in the usual sense.
    • Up x 1
  11. Casterbridge

Quite a few NC want that so we have more competent low level HA's who can actually hit something.

The GD-22s could use some change in stats to actually compete with the DPS of the Carv and Orion, but it would be a better starter gun, even if nothing got changed.
    • Up x 1
  12. Iridar51

I know weapon mechanics very well, and I claim that 5% buff to horizontal recoil will go unnoticed by everybody. What the OP is talking about is a placebo effect. If the buff wasn't in patchnotes no one would even notice.
    Yeah, 5% less recoil than Orion. Yippie.
    • Up x 4
  13. zaspacer

Done!

Welcome to TR.
  14. NC_agent00kevin

I went to the GD-22S back in the days of bullet flinch and the TR hosing everything down so well that once they started shooting you, it was pure luck if you got them first. It was an awesome gun back then, which were also my early days in PS2.

These days its good, but not great. I like it and would use it if I didnt have other Auraxiums to get, but not all the time. The EM6 is an excellent weapon for those who still dislike the G SAW like myself.
  15. Geneaux

Quite frankly, I don't think I could notice the change myself. Welcome change nonetheless.
  16. Bankrotas

Yeah, already auraxed Carv on TR. Sadly my outfit is NC, that's most reasons I'm sticking with it and those 15-20k station cash spent on NC :)
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

Really? I couldn't kill anything with my ursa yesterday after I put the yellow dot on...

TR long range options are the TMG-50 or the Bull, you are going to find both to be very "Meh", compared to NC..
  18. Cest7

Did the carv actually need a buff...?
  19. Klypto

I still believe the CARV should have been buffed in increments of .00005 every patch for Malorn's dream to forever come true.
    • Up x 2
  20. InvitroCanibal

Is it just me or do NC players complain the most whenever a balance readjustment doesn't go in their favor? I've played all three factions and I must say, I despise the NC, it's the most unbalanced faction of the three. The gauss saw is great close quarters, long range, you name it. Their MAX, to which they complain the most, is the most efficient anti tank killer in the game with duel ravens. Their Phoenix is an amazing recon and destroy weapon. Yet you guys are the whiniest people i've ever seen. I have not complained once about my faction or your faction but your post made me sick with rage. I'm utterly disgusted by you and your faction. All your weapons and vehicles are great and you don't ever have the decency to say "thank you SOE" rather you complain more.

I'll just close with what every NC player says when someone else is complaining "Learn to play"
    • Up x 1