EMPs and Darklight...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by lords8n, Sep 28, 2014.

1. lords8n

Can we have the EMP grenade turn off the Draklight?

This seems to make sense to me.
    • Up x 1
  2. STR1D3R109

Sounds like a cool idea but if your going to throw an EMP, you may aswell kill the guy due to being uncloaked anyway..

Darklights are meant to be for finding infiltrators if their smart enough to equip it then good for them. (making it a secondary only attachment would be a nice idea though).
  3. Moz

Nooooo that cant be true...... why would you need a dark light to find an Infiltrator? Just rely on the 101 cloak bugs......

;-)
  4. lords8n

Not exactly. In our ghost operations utilizing stalker for behind lines work our goal is to remain concealed. Although we do employ killing tactics for darklights, sometimes you can see them coming from inside/outside buildings and/or around corners. WOuld be nice to preemptively EMP their darklight OFF before they even get into the 15 meter darklight range, and THEN gain the advantage over them.

Risky? Sure! But it seems logical for EMP to put out the darklight by default. Would add another level to the Infil game.
    Game breaker? Not really. But it would add some more fun to tthe sometimes lonely job of the stalker Infil!
  5. STR1D3R109

Yeah the stalker life, good times.. They wouldnt have their darklights out though if you wearnt spotted yet ;)
  6. Theomanic

While I like this idea in theory, in practice the player would just wait out the EMP to continue looking around with his darklight. And now instead of wondering if there is an infil around, he'd be certain. People are pretty sloppy looking around with a darklight if they only suspect an infil is there. If they know, they will not stop until that infil is dead.
  7. lords8n

The times I would like an EMP to turn off darklight is when it's already known that we are in the area.

If I have four stalkers with bandoliers, that's 16 EMPs. That would turn off a lot of draklights and cause a lot of disruption behind enemy lines giving our main group a chance to move a Sundy in, or breach a base, or other tactical things that, lessening the numbers in opposition, would be an advantage .

Like I said above...it's not a game changer, but seems logical, and would add an interesting aspect to the role.
    Would it be a must use tactic all the time? Absolutely not. But I think it would be fun and of tactical use on occasion.

They nerfed our crossbow/knife combo. We have to find other ways to be useful and make the game more fun for us.