Server Maintenance for Game Update October 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Tuvey

This game would really benefit from having a more regular/organised maintenance schedule, perhaps something similar to the old WOW model where one morning every week the game would be down for a set time. SOE is kinda alienating parts of their fanbase with a combination of rushed and completely unpredictable maintanence. It would allow them to be much more thorough and would take less effort communicating (not that they really give people any idea how long itll be as it currently stands) if people knew "ok so i can play any time except tuesday mornings 6 till 11" rather than "oh the game will stop working in 10 minutes" and even if they dont need that much time for the maintanence it gives a lot more room for them to manuever and iron out any kinks in the patches/hotfixes.
    • Up x 7
  2. Scofald

It's because the servers are down for maintenance.. From what I hear you'll get them back when the servers are back up. Mine are gone as well.
  3. plasticoreo

I'm a Hong Kong player and I just downloaded the game to get started and then I found out every server was down... (sad face)
    • Up x 1
  4. Mianera

Hey are you guys still protesting for democracy? My TV broke, can't watch news :/
  5. plasticoreo

btw does anyone know which server is most suitable for Hong Kong players? I mean lower ping
  6. plasticoreo

YA, we are still protesting:)
    • Up x 3
  7. Ogedai

Hey, I suggest making a character on each server once they are back up. If you press [tab] while in game there is a ping displayed. Choose the one with the lowest. Be warned that Briggs has very low population.
  8. Kyrill

Good luck with that.
  9. Gabriella

Dont know if someone from SOE is reading these threads but i will give it a try.
    SOE fix the game or ,mark my words,you will lose half maybe more of ps2 players till Christmas.
    Next summer ps2 will be history.
    START HIRING PROFESSIONALS FOR A CHANGE.
    • Up x 3
  10. WilhelmCaster

Connery if you want the total warzone (massive pop)
  11. Noktaj

There's the internet ... plenty of news there :rolleyes:
  12. plasticoreo

thx for the suggestion
  13. Spanky31415927

Thx bro
  14. SashsaACIII

[IMG]

2h 40men DOW

test
    • Up x 1
  15. Scorponok

yea the server with your charaters isnt up so you cant see them..soon as its all up your charaters will be there again. No worries this is normal when theres is a maintance.
  16. HyperMatrix

Since you're in China, why not join the Planetside China servers which are hosted through The9?

http://ps2.the9.com/
  17. Ares The Killer

last time anyone from SOE bothered paying attention to their official forums was when Luperza was still working on PS2... Now that shes gone we don't even get a reply any more... Honestly I think you have to have a mental handicap not to think about looking at your own OFFICIAL forums over reddit and twitter... I mean ffs why even spend the money having the damned website and forums if you yourself won't even use em?

P.S. SoE these kind of ****** patches is why I don't spend money on your games... Get better Coders because apparently the ones you have right now suck too much to test ****, and even then if they do they still manage to break the ******* game.
    • Up x 2
  18. SashsaACIII

19. Jac70

How long is this maintenance? I've got a new GPU needs testin' :eek:
  20. Jac70