Can't launch Planetside 2 launcher !

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ChowWeiQiang, Oct 3, 2014.

1. ChowWeiQiang

Hi, my friend has issues opening up his Planetside 2 launcher. When my friend launches the game nothing happens. He re-installed the game about 3 to 4 times but to no avail. My friend also validated Planetside 2 at least 4 times but still did not work. Right now my friend doesn't know what to do to fix the problem as he tried every way he could think of. Please help.

This is my friend's PC specs below.

-9Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-3470 cpu @3.20Hz
    -Geforco Gt 640 [2 GB]
    -16.00 GB RAM (15.96 GB useable)

Thanks guys for reading.
  2. Akuzimo

Be more descriptive in your error. Does the button say "Playing" after clicking it and then the launcher just disappears?

EDIT: He has problems just opening his launcher? I know some people term it wrong and want to be clear.
  3. Andyrew

I can get into the game but my acount doesn't show up and theres no way to play?? anyone else having this issue?
  4. Mianera

No, you are the only one....
  5. Caffran Dercius

Status: 10/3/2014 5:50 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled patching.

Big bold red letters atop the forum page, along with a readout showing 'maintenance' next to each servers status.
  6. ChowWeiQiang

Yeah, soz guys for not describing more. My friend has Planetside 2 on steam and everytime he clicks play on steam for planetside 2 the launchers does not pop up as it should be everytime you click play for planetside 2 in steam.