Disconnects after 2/10 update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VinzNL, Oct 2, 2014.

1. VinzNL

After the recent update the game disconnects every 5 minutes or so, making it unplayable. I never used to have an issue before the update, and i guess something in the patch broke the netcode (along with several other major issues, the squad selection screen being the most obvious one).

Is anyone else experiencing these frequent disconnects now as well?
  2. Sadzonka

I do. And I believe many others as well, maybe even everyone using the 32-bit version. Few minutes of smooth gameplay, sudden freez and crash to desktop without any error message. Like some memory leak, maybe? I don't really know. But my game is obviously unplayabe and I'm sad now.
  3. VinzNL

Yeah Sadzonka i heard the update caused a massive memory leak which is causing CTDs. This might very well be affecting you as well.

However, in my case it is not even a CTD, but simply the game losing connection with the server. The game essentially freezes and things start floating around like you're in a bizarre LSD trip (flying prowlers and sundies anyone?) so i would assume this has something to do with the connection between client and server (and possibly the netcode).

Hope they fix it soon, getting disconnected every couple of minutes is really game breaking...
  4. VinzNL

Seems one of the Level3 servers might be the culprit -- see a snip of one of the traceroutes below (tracing to Miller server).

9 9 ms 10 ms 20 ms ae-128-3514.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.69.162.230]
    10 106 ms 22 ms 136 ms SONY-ONLINE.edge6.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [212.72.46.190]
    11 12 ms 9 ms 11 ms amspsn-liv-gw02.planetside2.com [69.174.194.166]

On one of the other tracerts it even spiked to a ping of over 2000. maybe they need to give that server a big kick / reset?
  5. mixmax

I can't even get on the battlefield it just loads to 100% than I get the G9 Error.
  6. mixmax

Guys this is not a new issue this week I wanted to play on the test server but I had the exact same problem we have now on the live server.
  7. VicMillions

8. mixmax

Guys are you using the steam version of the game? I have a laptop with the direct version (non steam) and I managed to get in today but on my steam desktop version I still get the G9 Error.
  9. Pyronimo

and again i tried 5 times to play after the hotfix today and after 5 mins it crashed to Desktop without error message
    same issues than 2 weeks ago are back again :mad: im done with this ****
  10. Napsterbater

Umm learn to understand a traceroute, notice Hop 11 (the game server) has a 12, 9 and 11ms response time, it doesn't matter that hop 10 is like that.

Only thing that trace is saying is the router at 212.72.46.190 has decied that an ICMP respose is a low prioraty, and its busy routing traffic.
  11. queue

hey, atleast we have pumpkins.
  12. VinzNL

Well whatever is causing the disconnects from the game server, it has not yet been resolved. Guess we'll have to wait until the next set of updates and hotfixes...