Hard Crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blackgoofguy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Blackgoofguy

Hello, first post here.

Before the hotfix on September 30th I have had 0 issues with planetside freezing or any hitches or sound problems and ran the game with exceptional performance.

50-60FPS on ultra quality with shadows off on extremely heavy battles (40-100 players/land vehicles/air vehicles)
    70-110FPS same quality as above in any other battle (1-40 players/land vehicles/air vehicles)

Once the hotfix showed up I started to have CTD after a few hours of gameplay. Between 4-6 hours. After a quick game restart my system would have this jarringly loud soundfx file stuck playing and the pc would hard crash after a minute, forcing me to shut down using the power button.

Turning on my system after would produce BIOS sound code 1 long, 2 short beeps Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information

I waited out 10 mins with the pc completely shut off. I restarted and it worked but the game keeps crashing every few minutes once I start up. So its unplayable.

I tried downloading October 2nd patch and the launcher froze up on me at 120mb and hard crashed my system again.

I have uninstalled planetside 2 and ran ccleaner and everything is working fine with my other games.

System Specs:
    I5-3570K OC 4.0ghz
    Corsair Vengence 1600mhz 2x4GB ram
    Windows 7 SP1
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2GB 1137/7010mhz
    2560x1440

my DXdiag https://mega.co.nz/#!ixdWQSgZ!gGGK5l9i08ab2mgj4JKvu19kkN_fyIF572mmFU-Dw1Y

Would appreciate help, I really enjoy playing planetside 2
  2. ProfessorHobbes

I can second this. I have tried three times after the update to play, and each time I hard crashed to my desktop within 5 minutes. Never had it this bad before, something is definitely up.