NC Sidearm - cant decide

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Pfundi, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Pfundi

Well I am currently using my Sidearm (the Mag Shot) really often and I do really like it. I sometimes even switch from my full Mag AC-X11 to it just because its so awesome. And i feel like performing better with it in CQC than with my Blitz (is this normal? Guess not...).
    So im thinking about some stalking. But thats not the main point.
    I feel like the Mag needs too many shots.
    I want an Sidearm that is able to fit the roles my ACX doesnt. (Well 200 damage is awesome in CQC but with its poor hipfire and a 3.4 Scope it doesnt perform that good)
    So the point is, the weapon should be a good choice for CQC.
    I already been in VR but I still cant decide. But i do like the Rebel with its 10 shot and 4 shot Kill. I dont really like the 2 Burst Weapon. But I think that I could get used to it.
    So what Secondary do you think would fit this the best?
    My favourites are the Rebel and the Underboss.
    Or just keep the Mag Shot and save the certs for a Bandit or Cyclone?
  2. Iridar51

All pistols are good for CQC. I don't have experience with underboss, but don't use the Rebel, it fires way too slow while not doing that much damage. Either keep the mag shot, or use the Commissioner if you want damage per bullet. Desperado is a solid choice as well, but it's a whole other type of weapon.
  3. Pfundi

Hm, the Rebel was my favorite until now.
    I feel like I miss too much to use the Commisioner.
    Ill keep the Mag Shot. Maybe Im going to give the Underboss a try some time later.
    Well, I am going to save the Certs for the Bandit. Thanks for advice.
  4. Iridar51

It's not much, but maybe a sidearm section of my Gunplay Guide will be of help to you.
  5. Pfundi

Read this already (I wouldnt even think of posting here without watching and reading your guides. Yup it helped) , everything I learned is that you seem to like NC Sidearms :D
    I feel like unlocking the Rebel anyway... But first theres some HVA that wants to be buyed.
    Thanks for your help.
  6. Iridar51

Give it a couple of days until you see opinions of other people.
  7. vanu123

For NC: Desperado
    TR: Repeater
    VS: Anything but faction pistols.
  8. _itg

The Rebel definitely seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it pistol. I really like it for stalker infiltrator, since it's very quiet when suppressed, it combos well with the knife (headshot+knife is an instakill) and it's got good range for a pistol. For LA, I'd probably prefer the Magshot over the rebel, since it has slightly better DPS and the larger mag makes it more forgiving. The Underboss is a solid choice, since it fires only slightly slower than the Rebel, but it does much more damage per shot, allowing for 3-shot kills. On the downside, it can't be suppressed, and it has a 6-round mag with long reload, so if you miss more than half your shots, you'll be in trouble.

The Desperado is great within about 10m, but the farther out you get, the harder it is to kill the target before you have to reload. Fortunately, most pistol engagements will be within the Desperado's effective range.
  9. Iridar51

I don't like Underboss for this reason, since if the target is slightly further away and / or has nanoweave, it will take 4 shots, and I think 4 hits out of 6 available is asking for a lot. Ofcourse, if you're just using your sidearm to finish the target off, it will be likely wounded, so it'll probably take 1-2 shots, so as a finisher Underboss is OK I guess.
  10. Pfundi

I never ever liked the Repeater. Thats probably why I dislike the Desperado as well.
    But VR Training vs Real Conflict situation is a big difference.
    As I already said, I use my sidearm not only to finish (i never got the situation where I dont can kill an enemy with a mag. I manage to kill him with one clip or he kills me. In the best situation I can escape. No time to "finish") but as a second " Primary" when there is no ammo left or I am playing BASR or Half Auto Sniper gun. Or as Light Assault sometimes when I emptied a clip and there is another enemy around. With 24 shot mag this happens way too often :D
  11. Kcalehc

Personally I like the Rebel, suppressed, for when I need to be quiet. It's virtually silent and if you can get close and aim, 2 hit headshot kill is very quick (or 1 head + knife). Still packs a punch out further, but the slow rof makes it hard to hit moving targets.

For general purpose, the commissioner seems the best, due to the high damage. If you're dry on your primary in the middle of a fight, often one shot will be enough to take the target down. It's loud though, but as NS it attracts slightly less attention than other pistols.

Desperado is a solid choice too. Haven't used mine in a while, but I recall it being pretty good up close.
  12. CorporalClegg

You have a lot of good options. Id say go with a revolver though simply because they are the best "finisher" sidearms. The rebel is good for this as well with the added perk of having a suppressor option.

Im an odd player that actually likes the magscatter as well since its a good finisher pistol (600 damage) but it has blatant downsides
  13. lilleAllan

Do this. Magshot is great, and so is the Cyclone.

But don't buy the Bandit - it's terribad.
  14. cruczi

I've been using the Rebel for about 100 kills, it sucks. Despite the 250 damage per shot model, it just doesn't feel powerful at all, you have to hit every shot to get any results with it. Underboss is FAR better, love that gun.

The only pistols worth using over Underboss situationally are high ROF/high DPM ones, so Beamer, Inquisitor & Repeater, and perhaps Desperado. Desperado only has 2338 damage per mag though which is pretty crappy compared to the 167 damage pistols of VS (Beamer) and TR (Emperor)
  15. Pfundi

I think Im going to keep the Mag Shot for some more time and later probably give the Rebel a try (just because its cheap and seems to be an interesting weapon).
    On my To Do now Cyclone is next. (I dont like the Blitz. Worst failure I did so far) Well in VR I alwys pretty much liked the Bandit.
    But thats a whole other Thread topic actually.
    Thanks for your input guys.
  16. Chris Bingley

It's not bad, it's just not worth paying 1000CERT/700SC just to get a second Mercenary, unless you want to auraxium every weapon in the game.
  17. cruczi

I prefer to think of it more as Cyclone in carbine form (worse hipfire, better range). Merc is much more of a mid range gun, Bandit has the 0.75 ADS speed, SPA, ALS, and damage dropoff/velocity that make it mostly a 0-20 meter gun like SMG's. Of course, unlike with SMG's, you can actually be useful beyond that range
  18. Bankrotas

The thing about Bandit, it's slow velocity seems to hamper it a lot. It's that, or something feels very wrong with it. It's not too bad of a gun, but I don't know, if it was worth getting a 0.75 MM on it. The extra inaccuracy of the gun might feel better on higher RPM weapons, but on something like Bandit, it's not working too well. Negatives impact the gun way more. Though 15m headshot TTK with it feels nice and model is decent. It literally feels like NCfied TR gun and after I work through Fortuna auraxium, I'll probably will have it in one of my loadout slots.

Though it does give some pretty fun way to play and personally, doesn't feel like a Merc at all.
  19. lilleAllan

I only got it because I needed another carbine auraxium for the Fortuna.

Glacial reload speed, bad velocity and 3 tiers of damage drop off. Terrible.
  20. Nakar

There are basically two types of sidearm: Close-quarters "OH CRAP" spam guns for when you need to finish someone off, and reliable harassment weapons that are decent at midrange. The Repeater/Desperado, AMP, Inquisitor, Underboss, and Beamer are examples of the former, to varying degrees. The Mag-Shot, Rebel, Manticore, and Emperor are examples of the latter. The Commissioner is arguably both, which is why it's so beloved. The Spiker is clearly neither.