Help finding the right LMG (TR)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Supersqueeze, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Supersqueeze

Hey, guys. I've been playing with the rhino for a while now, but have seen several posts talking about how it isn't so great. So, I was looking for some suggestions on a new LMG. I usually find myself shooting at mid-ranged, but I'd like one that is still viable for any situation.
  2. cruczi

MSW-R. Cheap, fast TTK, fast reload, access to SPA. Perfect from close to midrange, and since it only drops one damage tier like all LMG's, can be used for long range in bursts. Equip 1x or 2x reflex, forward grip and SPA.
    • Up x 2
  3. NCstandsforNukaCola

As cruczi said, MSW-R is recommended.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jawarisin

The default ones are the best IMO: 1- They are free
    2- They are amazing at about everything.
  5. Borsty

Once you auraxiumed the T-9 CARV and liked that, you can go on with the T-9 CARV S. Quite similar gun :)

Want to be more CQC orientated? Go MSW-R.
    Want to be better at long range? Go TMG-50.
    • Up x 1
  6. DrBash00

Also reccomend the MSW-R

if you love to spend a lot of certs, go for the Bull ;-)
  7. bubbacon

I don't always play TR HA, but when I do, I just use the MSW-R(CQC) and The Bull(Mid-Long).
    • Up x 1
  8. johnway

As everyone says, the MSW-R is probably the most versatile weapon as it works pretty well at both short and medium ranges like an AR. Hell, all i bought was a 3.4 scope and a foregrip and it worked at pretty much at all ranges that i wanted. I did buy SPA but the slower rate of fire usually meant that i lost close quarter fights.

The carv... i'm not so sure. In my hands its absolute garbage. Inaccurate, blooms far too quickly and takes too many bullets to kill someone and takes far too long to reload and to top it off it has fewer attachments (it needs ammo and compensator). I might consider the carv s i suppose, but i've got the bull atm so once i aurx that i might go back to the carvs.
  9. TheShrapnelKing

I dont' play my TR alt enough to be able to afford buying other guns so I can't vouch for the MSWR but all the default LMGs in PS2 are amazing. I love the Carv - especially at close range it cuts people up and while its cone of fire does bloom it's quite stable. YOu can't really kill anything at longer ranges but you can hit them.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is the correct answer.

Both are great at mid range with the best hipfire COF an LMG can have. The MSR-W has the CARV's ROF (and recoil stats) while the Bull gives up just shy of 100 ROF to be the most accurate LMG for the TR.
  11. LibertyRevolution

The MSW-R is as close as TR gets to Orion, so that should be your go to LMG.
    My rhino with extended mag I just use for suppressing fire on choke points from range...
  12. CorporalClegg

I like the defaut carv and msw-r simply because they outdamage every lmg barring the almighty orion.

Id say msw-r is best since it gets soft point ammo
  13. Aeravic

MSW-R and NS-15M are TR's best LMGs.

MSW-R has high ROF, good predictable right pull recoil pattern and decent reload speed.

NS-15M has average ROF, 0.75 ADS movement speed, fastest reload speed, very high accuracy and a predictable left pull recoil pattern.

T9 Carv has high ROF but suffers from high horizontal tolerance, an unpredictable upwards recoil pattern and a very long reload speed.

Carv-S is a more accurate Carv at the expense of damage.

Rhino and Bull are inferior NS-15M copies.
    Rhino is less accurate and has a longer reload than the Bull with the bonus of a 100 round magazine.

Bull sacrifices the bullet count for more accuracy and a faster reload. Both suffer from lack of 0.75x ADS movement speed and an unpredictable upward recoil pattern.

Use the MSW-R if your engagements are within close to medium distance and you wish to put out as much damage as possible.

Use the NS-15M if you are confident of your accuracy, maneuvering skills and want overall ease of use.
  14. Leivve

You know what you need? more bullets, try the chaingun. I went from bought to gold in one day (that's scary good).

The chaingun demands respect, if you don't posses the finesse needed to use it you'll get stomped, if you do you'll **** on everything down range.
  15. Morsigil

I'm relatively new so take this all with a grain of salt.

I bought the T7 chaingun by accident the other day (it can happen :() and I've barely looked back. Within a few days I had a shocking amount of kills, nearly eclipsing weapons I'd use for more than twice the time. It really is ridiculous how quickly this thing tears people apart, and you can chew through multiple people with it before needing to reload. It's weak at range and has a spin up time that some people find hard to deal with (there is a mod for this). Incidentally, that spin up time is when it's most accurate and a few quick bursts is not that different from other LMGs at mid range. All in all I think it's a really fun gun. If you flank or come up behind a group of NC or VS with that gun.. Oh man. People are going to die. I always do well with it in CQC.

I also trialed the Hailstorm last night. Ho-lee crap. That thing is so accurate at mid range it blows my mind. You can send this ridiculous stream of bullets right at the enemy's head even at relatively long range. The damage is low, but it's so accurate and fires so many bullets that you can out DPS people with stronger weapons before they land enough hits. I was very impressed with it.

After the endorsements in this thread, I'll have to try the MSW-R
  16. Morsigil

So I also trialed the MSW-R last night. Yeah that is a good gun. I am very happy with it and I haven't even tried it with advanced laser sight. It will likely be my main after I aurax the carv and possibly the T7 Chaingun.
  17. Ubikuuu

There was a time when the a-lasered sighted Msw-r could reliably hip fire at decent ranges.
    Those sweet times are sadly gone.

I'd go with foregrip and soft poits.
    Flash suppressor does't hurt it much and the added stealth can make a difference depending on the situation.
    Still a reliable and cheap gun, probably the best TR got to work with.
  18. Kulso

[IMG]
  19. Hoki

20. Maljas23

TR Must Have LMGS:
    1. MSW-R
    2. T7 Mini-Chaingun
    3. TMG-50

Honorable Mention:
    T32 Bull