VS night time pop on Emerald is an issue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Sep 29, 2014.

1. dngray

Last night on Emerald, the VS had something like 60 % of the server population. The TR and NC don't even fight us any more. This is becoming a problem. There has to be some kind of system in place to balance the faction populations. VS on Emerald is way to over populated and that makes it less for fun the VS players and NC, TR.
  2. Champagon

Well we have to work, after work we feel like shooting some scrubs

The NC and TR don't have to WANT to fight us. We just leave them with no other options :D
  3. Koldorn

Please post screen shots of these population imbalances at 2:00-5:00AM, East coast time.
    It would amuse me greatly.
    • Up x 2
  4. dngray

I will do so next time I see the VS **** stomping Emerald which is probably going on right now and at all points of the day.
    • Up x 1
  5. ProfessorHobbes

Seeing as it's an east coast US server, populations during the night are going to be low. When populations are low, the numbers are easily skewed heavily to one factions favor. VS must have an outfit not from the US who are awake during that time, thus skewing the numbers.
    • Up x 2
  6. Shadowomega

Its not like SOE can do anything about faction pops, even more so during super late hours far past prime time. People will always play the faction they want to play even more so those that are loyal to their faction.
  7. iller

tell that to the 4th faction that's stayed on VS ever since ZOE (b/c orion + ppa + blues + night camo + etc etc)
    • Up x 2
  8. a-koo-chee-moya

.... The conclusions....
    Its also likely that they are simply players from a different timezone who get on when everyone on the East Coast is asleep.
  9. iller

Most of those asian time zoners actually stick to connery. It's definitely as one member above said: east coast neckbeards. If they weren't on earlier in the day, it's b/c they were too busy watching/drawing MLP
  10. Maljas23

Getting to be like old times again :) Good old Matterson

The collective arrogance of every VS on Emerald will be in this thread soon.
    • Up x 2
  11. Yeahy

Did you just...
    Please don't go there.
  12. Diilicious

XD
  13. Shadowomega

When the ZOE got nerfed Mattherson VS population dropped back to post Magrider nerf levels. VS Night time pop appeared on Mattherson post Soltech merge. Not to mention it seems that Mattherson seems to receive Euro players who want to play against the American player base.
  14. LibertyRevolution

This is emerald late night:
    [IMG]
    His 60% number is too high, but it doesn't change the fact that VS steamroll emerald late night with almost double pop.
    As you see in the 4:30am pic, the VS has only 11 fewer players than the combined pop of NC and TR together.
  15. zaspacer

Game is working as intended. Enjoy the "winning".

Well, SOE *could* incentivize people to thereby even out populations. But it has been years now, with this same topic being prominent in the forums (with people on different sides of it), and SOE has yet to identify server population balance as an issue for them (let alone make any changes to affect it).

So while SOE *could* make changes to affect faction populations, this is likely not going to happen. Game is working as intended.
  16. a-koo-chee-moya

No incentive is going to keep me up till 3 am. School is much more important.
    • Up x 1
  17. Yeahy

I don't see it affective gameplay. Its maybe annoying to have hossin locked at noon, but by the afternoon, its all good again.
  18. Shadowomega

Planetside 1 had some insanely good incentives(Some so good, they could be exploited to be game breaking) to draw people to other factions and yet it didn't draw people entrenched in their faction.

To give an example of such:
    In PS1 you had 100 health no mater the armor you had on. Armor absorbed a percentage of the damage done and Rexo which is called Heavy Assault in PS2 had the highest armor value with the highest damage absorbion value. Then Core Combat came out and you can then max out at 120 or 125 health by spawning to or going to a facility with a health module benefit. Then came the Health incentives which had three factors. 1. Average Active player population (Actively playing a week), 2. On server Pop, 3. Continental pop
    At one point I went to a continent were the NC and TR were fighting and No VS presents and VS also had the lowest active by 5% Difference between the other two, lowest server pop at the time Down by 15%, and continental pop of less then 1% I had a health pool of 500 when I respawned to my AMS there. Then went to a fight were we had pop So ended up having 500 health in rexo armor on a cont were pop was in our favor.

They had also added XP modifiers and removed the health boost but XP didn't matter when you hit max level and played for fun instead of for certs.

So how would you get people to switch to the under populated side when the more skilled players don't really care about XP as XP will come in no matter what is done. If you use the stick method then people quit playing instead of side switching, carrot method only works for those willing to chase the carrot. Giving more HP, more damage reduction, more damage then leads to exploitation and even more frustration and people quitting.
  19. Vertabrae

Imo, some kind of change needs to be made. When one faction dominates to long, then it kills the server. People on the other two factions quit playing. The dominate faction then starts to run out of targets, meaning they get bored and quit playing as well.

I'm not calling anyone or anything op, just saying one side dominating for to long is a game killer. Look at WoW pvp servers, when one side dominates to hard, the other side leaves. You end up with a server 80/90% one sided.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lethal_Sting

That's... that's early morning. And wouldn't doubt the time some people would actually be waking to get ready for work.

I usually find TR pop drop might start 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM at the latest.