META & Why PS2's bleeding good players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fabien, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Fabien

When PS2 came out, we're promised big fights, awesome warfare strategies for the masses (platoons)..

1st problem was the HEX based capture point and resources-per-hex.
    2nd was the poor latice implementation making the resource system worse.
    3rd is now we have no resource-per-hex system and would highly benefit from a big-base latice only.

So the 3rd thing defeats the purpose of the 2nd thing they did which was to fix the 1st thing they did.. it's SNAFU

Tying the resources to map conquest was wrong, breaking PS1's latice implementation worsened it all.

Now there's no META at all, no value, no point in capturing hexes until an alert is generated and takes forever to get a victor only to get some benefits you may not benefit from at all; i.e. cheaper tanks but you've set your certs in aviation & 'nades/claymore/mines etc. which are your preferred play styles.

Also, forcing everyone on tiny bases (96+ vs 96+) is chaos, which many can't play in due to low FPSs. I know I'm annoyed as my 4.8GHz i5 & GTX690 bog down to sub 30FPS during these fights. Rarely do I get 120FPS smooth and constant unless I'm in 24-48 fights or on bigger base fights like the tech plants.
    • Up x 5
  2. Tommyp2006

HOW? I installed a new 4690k last week, have a gtx780, and even at stock clock speeds, I'm yet to dip below 55 fps on ultra.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fabien

Really Tommy? I'm trying to help what ever's left of this game with some arguments and that's what you come up with? This isn't a chat line for dummies (then again this is forumside, why do I bother?).

I can't tell you HOW! It just is. Perhaps my i5 3570k isn't as efficient, perhaps the GTX690's SLI profile doesn't work well compared to a high end GTX 780. Seriously man, I wasn't trying to show how big mine is or anything, but simply point out the fact that some without high-end expensive hardware like ours would have much less performance and simply stop playing due to poor performance.

Makes sense now Tommy? You get? We cool?
    • Up x 3
  4. Alan Kalane

Let's pray for the resource revamp phase 2...And hope it fixes the problem...
    (Well, after some bugfixes)
    • Up x 2
  5. Champagon

Help us Resource Revamp 2.....You're our only hope
    *Static*
    Help us Resource Revamp 2.....You're our only hope

Beep boop beep....sad beep
    • Up x 5
  6. MartenV

Recource Revamp should come ASAP. would add some meta to ps2.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jackalmaster

what baffles me is why did they change so much from the original? This game is only capture and hold with no other side objectives. The most you can do to deviate from that is set Anti Air Traps around enemy warpgates. The original had the following outside of Capture and Hold:
    1. Stealth Base Draining
    2. LLU runs
    3. AA traps
    4. Knock Gens from Tech Plants to deny heavy vehicles or knock interlink(or was it Amp) stations to deny detail maps
    5. Twr Hopping
    6. ANT Runs
    7. Core Combat(meh but counts)
    8. Stealing those core combat crystals(meh as well)
    I hate to say it but this game is gonna have(or had) a very short run and I blame the developers. They should have copied PS1(minus bfrs and CC) and built from there.
  8. iller

The Framerate in these 96+ fights is a bigger issue than the Meta.... maybe not for "GOOD" players who don't mind spending over $400 on just their MOBO + intel CPU. But it affects a lot of the people who play support to those good players
  9. z1967

The issue lies mainly in that they got half the development cycle they should have gotten, and decided to improve upon the existing model. They also focused more on the FPS portion, and got better results by copying many parts of battlefield's model. Aside from that, some of those features came later in PS1's time of being popular, and we have yet to get those here (because they take awhile).

Not saying I don't want them, I do want them. Unfortunately we may be waiting awhile before we get some of them.
  10. Yeahy

It'll be fixed soonTM.
  11. Jackalmaster

Don't you think it will be little too late for a game that is approaching 2yrs?
  12. z1967

Perhaps, perhaps not. However I do think that the devs made the right decision in prioritizing the OM:FG updates over a resource system. The different parts of the resource system (and other systems) also give them a way to see what works and what doesn't.
  13. CipherNine

Does Planetside have competition in MMOFPS genre?
  14. PWGuy93

Players at high battle rank read the old road maps, read the newer road maps and are still waiting and wondering when or if they will be delivered and looking for greener pastures (fresh games) to fill the void. If and when the roadmap and all those features come to digital life, like when Hossin shipped plenty of players will be back along with fresh recruits but like now, it's up to the devs to make the content rewarding - not directive stuff with the option for yet another weapon but the play, the fun factor needs to really be there. New items ehh, what's one more weapon or gadget compared to repeated playability. Hoping and waiting for a more robust game that enables play, not the same thing day to day focused on the acquisition of "stuff"-(implant, directives).
  15. XMatrix5X

I have a 4790k and GTX 780 ti in my rig. How are you keeping 55 FPS in bigger fights?
  16. Paragon Exile

Clock speeds?

Run your CPU at 4.7 and not the stock speed, it makes a big difference.
  17. breeje

i do not know why some players get low FPS with big rigs on PS2
    ore why medium rigs get high FPS on PS2

my rig, all my settings are on medium and some high
    AMD FX6100 six core
    Nvidea GTX650 2GB DDR5 2x 2.5GHz (5GHz)
    8 GB DDR3-1334
    windows 7 64bit

u will say this is not a real game pc and yes it's not
    i do not care for ultra and i hate low settings
    but i never drop under 55 FPS

all i want to say is u don't always need a big video card, memory is equal important
    fine tune the pc u can have the biggest rig if u do not fine tune all games will play crappy on it
  18. Tommyp2006

Could just be a fresher install maybe, otherwise idk, I'm not doing anything special
  19. Tuco

After all the complaints about ghost capping?
    Capture The Flag v 2.0
    why am I still on #1?

After all the compliants about ghost capping
    Gimmick that just infuriates players.

The radiator was cool, wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those in a biolab fight.
    After all the complaints about ghost capping
  20. vsae

Your thread name is invalid. Good players arent the ones who play the objective.