G15 Error continuation :(

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rubendra200, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Rubendra200

I have been been told that my internet security and firewall had to be modified to run PS2. I have changed it and even disabled it, still no fix :( I would launch the game and it would freeze on the 'Loading' part. It would further take me to a internet page saying the 'G15 Error'.
    I have heard that the Briggs server is stuffing up and i am hoping that is the case.
    If you are experiencing this issue write in the thread
    Any help or further information regarding the status of the Server would be much appreciated
    Rubendra200
  2. BraydenH

I was having the same issue, nothing would work etc. firewalls all off and such. But then suddenly just tried it now and it worked fine.
  3. Meowhaze

got the same problem.. the server up and normal...installed new graphic driver still cannot log in...
  4. Meowhaze

Found the solution. Tried it and it works
    "OK Folks, I tried the following and I was able to get on. I don't know which did the trick because I did two things at once instead of incremental. I preface by saying I have to force PS2 to use the 32 bit driver. I went to my firewall on Windows 7 and then to advanced security and finally to inbound rules. I changed the profile for planetside2_x64 to ALL by selecting all the boxes after double clicking the line with planetside2_x64.
    The second thing I did was from the screen that lists your servers, I went to settings and clicked reset to default.

I am in game now but have not done anything because I am typing this up. Hope it helps."
  5. AramisT

Having the same G15 error only when logging onto my Briggs character. I get through the first login to access the character list but then freeze if I try to log into Briggs. I can login normally to Connery and Emerald just not Briggs.

Turning off both windows firewall and AVG (this is what I use) does nothing. I even tried the profile change which also didn't help
  6. Veskey

Yeah I'm having the same problem, I'm also on the Briggs server.

I can log onto my VS character that I've only just made(sometimes) but can't get on my TR one and when I am able to get through it only happens again the next time I try and log on.

I've also tried turning off my firewall but so far it hasn't helped.
  7. Duukho

Same problem here, Briggs server also.

Had a strange link-death last night and haven't been able to log in since. I tried a bunch of suggestions for log-in issues, even reinstalled game but still no go.
  8. Chrislocho

Same here, so far logging into cobalt char working, logout and login to briggs... frozen with the g15 error coming up
  9. ohnoooo

i think Briggs worked for an hour or so around this time, then broke again.
  10. Toclin

I cannot login as TR can login as Vanu
  11. Nighthwk

I have the exact same problem.

Was playing last night before the update and it was fine, now it wont log my NC char onto Briggs at all.

Ive disabled my firewall, tried a few mentioned fixes like the one above and no go.
  12. JustifiedJordan

1 more for Briggs.

Tried logging in twice and get the G15 error when trying to log into Briggs character.

"Game Error G15

Malfunction:

You may need to adjust your firewall settings to play PlanetSide 2. Contact Technical Support for assistance."
  13. Rubendra200

The thing is we have adjusted our internet settings but we still get the same response :(
  14. Oshi

I'm not adjusting my internet settings for a problem outside my network, I'd rather it was just fixed. I can connect to characters on other servers fine, the problem is not on our end.
    If you go to create character at the moment, you'll probably see what I can see, that Briggs is listed as up, but is showing "--" for ping.
  15. Soxism

Just another person for this Damn Briggs G15 Error, can log into other servers, just not Briggs.
  16. tahn1000

anyway it's b*s to say it's a firewall issue. i logged in and was playing fine this morning. i get back home this afternoon, try to log in and G15 error. i changed nothing from day one of playing.
  17. Rubendra200

I just hope that they will bring another patch or fix to fix the damn problem within 1 or 2 days from now.
  18. Sleaper

so .. if you rename your launchpad.cache folder .. and then retry... it may fail once or twice but you should be sweet.
  19. Rubendra200

I will try
  20. Oshi

To be fair, they're not going out of their way to deceive us, it's just a default error message they show when we can't connect to the server. It'd be very nice if we weren't kicked from the game and have to reboot it when the error occurs, however.

Guys, I think you'll find all the things that "fixed" your problem are more likely to just the be server happening to work after you make your change than you actually having done something that fixed it.