Is Connery NC really that dumb?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IBLOWSTUFFUP, Sep 27, 2014.

1. IBLOWSTUFFUP

Seriously, Lost every alert for the last week because people are fighting over bases that aren't latticed to other bases. Pull your heads out NC connery... Seriously.

IF THE BASE ISN'T CONNECTED TO THE WARP GATE ITS NOT WORTH FIGHTING OVER!

EVERY single alert has been lost for the last week because of this very reason. It's getting old. :(
  2. CEGrif

yeh Connery NC are quite dumb
    • Up x 13
  3. Alarox

This game would be more enjoyable if people stopped caring about territory and cared about having fun instead.

I'm tired of seeing 96+ zergs ghost capping empty bases.

I'm not saying that having objectives to fight over isn't fun. I'm saying that people should stop pretending like territory and alerts are meaningful. Territory exists so we have somewhere to fight. Alerts exist to focus the population. That's it.

Note: The only exceptions are Tech Plants. Those are important. Oh, and Esamir Alerts. Especially those. I only find them important because they specifically benefit my gameplay in a significant way. Most people don't seem to care about alerts for the benefits.
    • Up x 11
  4. Pikachu

About as good as vanu snipers shooting tanks. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 5
  5. Alastyn

you post some funny stuff all day around i saw u many where even in my posts pika pika :D
  6. Pikachu

It happened a few months ago when my terran was attacking Camp Connery. Some vanu guy yelled at his snipers to stop shooting the (our) tanks.
    • Up x 4
  7. LibertyRevolution

Only tankers care about tech plants, to most of us they are just as meaningless as every other territory. ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. Leftconsin

TR is pretty similar.

Me: OK everyone. Platoon lead has handed this over to me and I don't want to fight at Indar Ex for the next five hours so we're going to switch fronts and take Howling Pass and on to Rashnu.

Platoon: *silence*

Me: If you're in a vehicle you can go ahead and use that up. Everyone else redeploy to warpgate, grab a mossy if you're a good pilot, hop in my galaxy if you aren't a good pilot. Also, can I get a volunteer for another Gal?

Platoon: *silence*

I'm now in warpgate about to pull a galaxy and I have 4 people with me. I look at the map and see the platoon is now scattered across the continent and 1-2 in VR training. I just sigh, pull a mosquito and lead the few troops I got with me to do bombing runs that command chat needs.
    • Up x 4
  9. AnuErebus

Unless you're TR or NC. Then the Vanu techplant is of utmost priority since it denies them of a major PPA platform.
  10. Halcyon

You must be new so here's a quick rundown:

- no one cares about alerts
    - no one cares about territory

Everyone cares about CERTS.
    That's all people want. That's all they will fight for. That's the reason they abandon alerts and focus on isolated high density base fights.

Seriously.
    • Up x 4
  11. LibertyRevolution

I see way more PPA harassers than Magriders normally anyways.
  12. Mezramort

^^^ This sums it up.

An active, lengthy fight = far more certs than an alert win. Even if you don't get that big single XP reward all the kills/repairs/healing/revives etc. etc. you get during an active fight are far more rewarding in the long run.

This game cannot and will not ever be a real large scale strategy game due to being designed around progression from XP. It shapes player behavior away from objectives to whatever is most rewarding.

Plus, it's just boring capturing territory with little to no resistance. The majority of fights are uneventful if you solely go for territory gains. You end up with an overwhelming force with very little to do but camp a spawn or worse, just sit and wait for a timer to go down. It's why I abandon many platoons - I use them to get to good fights, but when they hit the boring stuff I just leave. It's not worth it.
    • Up x 3
  13. CNR4806

Connery NC = Fights TR and only TR at every given moment during alerts, even though the VS has a landslide pop and/or territory advantage.

I've lost count of the times where there are at least three hostile 96+ zergs on the TR borders while the VS-NS border has less than 96 guys on it.

The funny thing with Eisa Tech Plant is that the faction holding it is usually OBSESSED with keeping it that way, throwing like 200 guys into defending it while the other two factions ghostcap their ways around it.

It's basically Esamir's Hex-era The Crown.
    • Up x 3
  14. Neo3602

That's why I laugh at people who complain that the new resource system took away incentive to fight over bases, I don't know about everyone else but before the resource changes when I was part of an attack on an enemy base I never thought: "If we capture this base we'll get extra air/land/infantry resources every 5 minutes." I was more concerned whether or not I was having fun not that capturing the base would give me more resources.
    • Up x 1
  15. NightEngine

I seriously doubt that 96+ zerg capping a base can be called ghost capping, at least not routinely.

Zerg = mindlessly charging en masse with no coordination.

Ghost cap = flipping the point(s) in a base and then leaving.
  16. Leivve

I saw a out fit killing the sunderers established around a biolab they were attacking because they wanted to exp for spawning there. Needless to say that temporary gap in reinforcements let us sally forth and drive them back. They came back naturally but if that outfit had just kept their sunderers in reserve they could have restored their assault instead the pubbies admitted defeat and left and the population went from 36%/64% to 55%/45% TR's lead.
  17. TheKhopesh

Shooting tanks with small arms can net you a kill, if you're slick about it!
    (Start at 0:28)

• Up x 2
  18. FateJH

I've complained about it enough in platoon comms and I think it's worth mentioning it now: if you've captured the map in a way that minimizes the number of lattice lanes between your opponents but maximizes the number of lanes both of your opponents have to you, it's your own fault for getting zergs to descend upon you from all angles.
  19. Taemien

My static squad and I haven't ran OPs in about two weeks. So there you go, crap happens when we're not around. :D

Though on a serious note, somewhat.. If you think its bad that NC loses like they do. How do you think the TR and VS lose to the NC from time to time? How bad do they need to be to allow that to happen? Especially since their big outfits have a not so secret agreement to leave one another alone.
  20. BobSanders123

I used to care about winning the alert, I used to care about territory, my platoon leader inspired me that it was for the good of the empire.because of the recent changes to the resource system, that territory means jack ****, alerts no longer mean you strategically accomplished something by choosing a certain lattice or holding down the point against ridiculous odds to win the alert by 1 second.

Now I don't care, the great platoon leader left, my friends left, and my outfit stopped caring about the game.