Why cant I throw C4 in ANY game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Sep 27, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

Is it so heavy? It doesnt look like it weighs 20 kg.. But I cant throw it ANY game - CoDs, BFs, Planetside etc. etc.
  2. DramaticExit

You'd break the detonator

Do you have any idea how horribly OP that woud be in this game?
    • Up x 3
  3. _itg

Same reasons infiltrators can't carry c4 and mines have friendly warning lights on them. Some things which would be logical in real sci-fi war aren't fun.
    • Up x 4
  4. Lord_Avatar

C-4 is a directional explosive - if it lands on the "flip side" the majority of the blast will be directed at that bin instead of the car you wanted to blow up... That aside - yeah, it would be OP as frack.
    • Up x 2
  5. patrykK1028

I aked about ANY game. Games have different balance
  6. Prudentia

Because thrown explosives are called grenades
  7. Matt879

You could throw C4 pretty far in BFBC2. And guess what? People complained about it and called it OP because their tanks/camping nests were getting blown up out of nowhere by a recon standing behind a rock. That's probably why the devs changed it for BF3, and why it's like that in most other games I presume. If you could throw C4 further it'd just be a grenade with a far bigger and more lethal blast radius.
  8. TheAnnoyingGunner

In WW2 the Germans called it "Geballte Ladung" ("concentrated payload"), which was, literally spoken, just a bunch of grenades taped together for that special moment. Which should suffice in the comparison with a C4 brick. Yes, just chit-chat, little side-fact.

But in multiplayer games, why would you want to introduce such gameplay heresy? C4 is supposed to blow up everything it is attached to, throwing it would be like a Redeemer or BFG, way over the top for anything that isn't COD power fantasy and it would render most other weapons useless. Just imagine here in PS2, we already have way too much rocket spam against infantry. Now 4/5 classes can do the same but about 10x better... Xplosions EVERYWHERE! C4 availability is already too high, Light Assault and Medic shouldn't have access to that stuff anyway...
  9. DrPapaPenguin

You could toss it in BF Bad Company 2 and bf3.
  10. patrykK1028

I played BF3 and it lands 10cm from your feet.
    The only game Ive seen you can throw C4 is CoD MW3 - it still lands 10 cm from your feet but you can throw it up, eg. through window
  11. Alarox

What are you talking about? You can already toss C4 8m on flat ground with one hand. You're essentially throwing it.
  12. Klypto

With ridiculous strength.
    • Up x 1
  13. ronjahn

Yeah I can get c4 to go pretty damn far. Use LA and you can "throw" c4 pretty far with some practice using jump jets.

To answer your question though; balance. Being able to throw an explosive that OHKs tanks is simply OP.
  14. Lethal_Sting

Lol yeah, that thing was almost a frisbee. And screw recon, grab assault class, and you could have the auto-shottie and C4. You would also RESUPPLY C4. Probably one of the first things I platted [1000 kills]. Then I platted the Confetti Cannon™... the underbarrel shotgun. Which was maybe a little better than PS2 UBSG. But hell of a lot cooler to use.

CoD4 you could jump-toss C4 over a twenty foot wall.

Aye, IIRC, Company of Heroes modeled that for the Sturmtroopers.
  15. Pikachu

Make it bigger.
  16. Iridar51

Because if Infiltrators were able to throw AP mines like disk grenades from C&C Tiberian Sun...
  17. Pikachu

Those disc grenades were cool. :3
  18. Iridar51

They were, and i'ts a neat idea - to create an aerodynamic grenade to increase throw distance and accuracy, I wonder why no one uses it. Probably because it would overcomplicate things - harder to store, harder to use, harder to train soldiers, and we wouldn't want a random wind blow to redirect the explosive back at yourself.
  19. Flashtirade

I am pretty sure you can lob C4 in Cawadooby and detonate it immediately afterwards.
    But if you're referring to full-on chucking like throwing a baseball or something, yeah no. It's not a grenade.
  20. Lethal_Sting

Oooo!

Rocketeer jetpack /w dual pistols from RA2 for LA!