Does the Betelgeuse have hidden attachments?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Saool, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Nakar

The character's name in the film is actually Betelgeuse, but he cannot be summoned unless people say his name three times and he can't tell them himself. When the Maitlands try to summon him, they can't pronounce his name (funny, given this very topic), so he uses visual association (beetle -> juice) to get them to pronounce it correctly. It wasn't initially clear when the film came out whether the title was intended to be Beetlejuice or Beetle Juice (kinda like how Ghostbusters is technically Ghost Busters, but everyone refers to it by the first title). The movie poster mashes the title together in all capital letters, so that's what stuck.

Seriously, go watch the movie, Michael Keaton's character is named Betelgeuse. It's in the story, it's on a sign at one point, and it's in the credits. His character is not named Beetlejuice.
  2. Chris Bingley

Right, the name has been mentioned several times now, in both pronunciations, and Micheal Keaton still hasn't posted.

We've been lied to again!! :eek:
  3. Leftconsin

I've honestly heard it pronounced BAY-tel-GO-zer on television before. I'm pretty sure it was a BBC show; I don't remember which one.
  4. Saool

Well after lots of reading I think the correct way is Beetal-Gerz.

However I'm still going to go on calling both Star and LMG Bet-El-Goose.

And no, it does not have hidden attachments.
  5. Nehlis

Ye gods no, what have we done. I've steered the topic off course...