[Video]Harassin with Ling/SashaGrey on NC Connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WaaWaa, Sep 18, 2014.

1. WaaWaa

In this volume I return to Connery (from Mattherson originally East Coast) to work on my 5th BR100 on NC. Atm I'm 71. Ling/Sashagrey was there to help me out by gunning for my harasser, and the following footage is from that co-op.

Git gud Connery!

1st Song: MK Ultra - Tears in the Rain
    2nd Song: Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild
    • Up x 2
  2. Killuminati C

Out of curiousity what setup do you run on your harasser? Me and a couple of buddies have been thinking about putting some certs into them as they make sense for the smaller sized squads we've been running. Even though I've put my time into PS2 I hardly have any time logged into the harasser so could use some tips as to what's effective.

Overall though, great video!
  3. Jetlag

That looked incredibly frustrating for very little reward. Your previous videos looked like a lot more fun.
  4. WaaWaa

Harassin is an old passion of mine. Personally, it's not frustrating in the least bit. It's challenging even more when you go up against tanks. That's where the boys get separated from the men. And what "reward" are you refering to? I've gotten 2 battle ranks in the past few days just harassin, so I'm gettin plenty o certs.
  5. WaaWaa

Yea sure if you're an aggressive harasser driver like I've shown in these videos, composite armor is the way to go. Sure radar shows you up if you're driving around, but in a duel you need that extra armor for so many reasons.

Stealth is the option if you're passive and like sneaking up on stuff from far away. Wouldn't recommend stealth against tanks you'll never finish them off.

Fire suppression is a must again for aggressive players. Smoke is nice in a heated pursuit or if you need a wall of stuff to cover you, but i'd rather take the extra armor that comes from auto-repairing any day over smoke.

For hunting down armor, on NC it's Enforcer ML-85, for VS it's Saron, and for TR it's Halberd or Vulcan. I prefer Halberd on TR because with vulcan you need 1 clip plus a little more to kill most things, and by the time you hit the reload, it's hard to stay that close for the 2nd clip unless they're dumb. Zoom on those guns obviously.

Chassis-wise I prefer racer because it allows me to keep up with wounded vehicles or make escapes guaranteeing very few vehicles will be able to keep up with me. Most harasser users prefer Scrapper, however, because you can steer better and you don't flip over small things so easily. With Racer chassis, you have to learn how to recover from going over bump terrain because it flips you a lot, but the rewards from using it are worth it for me.

Also for chasing infantry the Marauder is nice on TR, Canister is good for NC, and PPA is the ultimate infantry farming weapon by far. Bulldog is nice for large groups of people if those aren't your flavor even tho it was nerfed, Kobalts are good for ranged combat and hit and runs, and Fury is great against armor and infantry also.

Don't forget back seat repairing is extremely important if you're almost dead, and it may take a while to figure out how to get the repair going, but it's worth it. Sometimes aiming at the backwheel helps or rolling from one wheel, to the back, and then to the other wheel until you get a hit with the repair tool might do the trick.

If air engages you, use bridges or trees for cover and hang around there while you repair. Other Harassers are threats and must be eliminated before engaging other targets because they can actually keep up with you.

Getting those shots from the rear from the start of a battle or at the very end are crucial, as those are the least armored area of vehicles. Remember that when driving.

Sometimes dropping tank mines from the rumble seat in a heated pursuit if someone is chasing you are a good idea, but pick narrow lanes that you know they will drive over. Plus, harassers have an uncanny ability to drive over tank mines so they may not detonate anyway.

That's all you need to start learning about harassers. Also never go toe-to-toe with a tank if they rush you, always keep your distance and hit from far away until you have them at least black smoke. You wanna soften them up before you get closer.
    • Up x 1
  6. WaaWaa

My NC Connery name is SuaveAdorian if you wanna squad up. I'll be on there till I get my 5th BR100 :)
    • Up x 1
  7. KoS-1

Good advice in that post.

My only quibble is don't under sell stealth. The other options in slot have their place. Stealth doesn't put one at a disadvantage with a tank. Right now composite doesn't seem a deal breaker in AV work to give up stealth. If a tanker is hitting, composite still melts like butter.

Stealth allows you to get into spots close(with halberd and vulcan) or far to open the fight and hopefully get in the first shot. If necessary break line of sight and hopefully one can drop off the mini-map. Get away to reset or to live for another day. All are valuable abilities to have, along with many others.

I run stealth all the time unless I'm using other slot options for specialized work, like AA or AI. Otherwise stealth kills all!

I really find it boils down more to the tankers ability to aim/hit and tactical play than anything else. If he's hitting shots and/or managing play well, he's going win or drive off the harasser. If not, then dead meat.

Of course, I know you know all this. Just wanted to add it to the discussion. :)

Look me up on Connery, been having fun killing the peasants!
  8. WaaWaa

Vulcan and stealth is a deadly combo, but that's more because of the nature of the weapon. I feel comp armor suits the other NC/VS equivalents better.

Regardless of skill level in a head to head, I'd rather have the extra armor than the stealth. Stealth causes you to run away too quickly if you take too many shots.

"If a tanker is hitting, composite still melts like butter" - Then you need better positing so you don't get hit and/or use terrain to block / miss inc. shots from tanks.
  9. KoS-1

That has nothing to do with my comment. It's a given, one has to limit the ability of your opponent to get a shot on oneself. Regardless of what one is running, stealth, composite or other options.

Not to get into a *** for tat. In situations where a tanker is hitting you, composite isn't going to make or break the engagement with the tank. What, take one more round with composite? Not a deal breaker over other slot options.

If we are talking small arms fire, ok, composite makes a difference. But a tank, no real need at all.
  10. patrykK1028

Only here for Sasha Grey
    • Up x 1
  11. DirtyRoger

False advertising! :eek::mad:
    • Up x 1
  12. WaaWaa

I've had situations where the extra hit is the difference between life and death in killing a tank. It's like they say "mileage may vary".
  13. GhostAvatar

You need a better gunner. It was pain to watch you take out that first Prowler.
  14. WaaWaa

You noticed there were 2 tanks and 1 one was defending the hurt one?
  15. GhostAvatar

Yes I noticed that. But that all comes down to the driver skill, not the gunner. The driver provided the opportunity to shoot the hurt one while avoiding/reducing incoming damage. As an example. At one point driving past the rear of the smoking Prowler at point blank while it was stationary. How on earth the kill was not achieved I don't know.
  16. WaaWaa

Because if I stood still for one more second, the Prowler would have obliterated me. He had full health and had time to line up his shots. I wasn't about to slow down to give him one when he was waiting.
  17. GhostAvatar

And was I saying anything about your driving. But that move should given your gunner plenty of opportunity to finish the Prowler the condition it was in.
  18. WaaWaa

You are familiar with the DPS of Enforcer ML-85? It's not like the Halberd where 1 shot is the finishing touch. You need a few to equal 1 halberd shot.