Low FPS since yesteday hotfix.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AverageGuy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. AverageGuy

I've been getting horrible FPS in medium scale fights since yesterday hotfix. Just by looking at the direction of the fights without anyone on sight lowers my FPS, it's ridiculous.

Heck, even in 12+ vs 12+ fights my FPS lowers to around 10 - 20 without anyone on sight. My setting are all on low except for graphic, texture and model. which are on medium setting. Standing still inside an empty base I managed to get my FPS around 40 - 60 FPS and when I tried to join a fight, that's when my FPS plummets.

Before the hotfix, I manage to get around 30 - 50 FPS and that's on Hossin AND large fights but now I can't even play at hossin anymore due to the low FPS I'm getting.

SOE, please help me here.
  2. Sgt J

I have this exact problem. I've gone from high to low settings to be able to play the game again thanks to this stupid patch. Also do you find that your hit detection lags and doesn't work at times?
  3. AverageGuy

I've hardly encounter any hit detection lags at all ever since I played last year. I only have the problem if my internet slows down.
  4. AverageGuy

I updated my Graphic card and that did the trick.

I updated my nvidia graphic card last week or couple weeks back but I had to re-install the previous one because my FPS was very low with the new one.

I decided to update my graphic card and after I updated to the latest one and played in Hossin, Esamir and Indar, I can say for sure my FPS went back up 30 - 60 FPS.
  5. AverageGuy

Low FPS in large fight is back :\

I'll just have to wait for the next update or so.
  6. AverageGuy

I noticed that when I'm on higher grounds my FPS drops. e.g while on a rooftop, aircraft decks, mountains, hills, trees and towers.

Any SOE staff care to help me out here? Please?
  7. choglit

loads of bugs and no word from SOE about fixes ?????
    • Up x 1
  8. Naisha

Would the affected players consider themselves to have high-end or low-end PCs? I think SOE would appreciate you sharing your specifications.
    I have had only minor problems with framerate lately, my average sitting around 90 - 100 except for in huge fights.
  9. AverageGuy

I have an average laptop.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    Graphic Card: GeForce GT640M

^These are my specs. Yeah.. it's a laptop. I know playing on a PC is better than a laptop but I decided to buy a laptop since it's portable and I can do my college work there > w <

Anyway, before the hotfix, my FPS was increased because of the previous update and after the hotfix, my FPS is dropping. fluctuating. Example: Sometimes in a 50+ battles, my FPS would be at 30 - 40 and when I'm in a 20+ battles my FPS would drop, vice versa and sometimes my FPS would drop when I'm on high grounds or altitude as mentioned on my previous post.

10. B4nd1g0

I have had the exact same issues (also playing on a reasonably high end laptop). I have attempted make contact with the seemingly alienated dev team but still no response. The FPS doesn't hang on low for me, it fluctuates. On more than 1 occasion, I have had to force a shutdown only running in to restoration and corruption issues, I BLAME PLANETSIDE 2.
  11. AverageGuy

News of the hotfix got me hyped up. Thinking this hotfix will fix my problem.

After I updated the game 20 minutes ago, I went into the game and start playing. To my great disappointment, it's much worse than before. The FPS I'm getting is so low than before that I had to stop after a few minutes of playing.

I don't know why the updates that this game is getting is breaking the game. I won't abandon this game just yet. I'm going to wait patiently since I know how hard it is to create a game BUT I do hope that in the future, when you release a patch/update, it will be less game breaking.