Recruit a friend is back.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nhilys, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Nhilys

https://recruit.soe.com/

I wanted to say more but the faq already does a good job at explaining how it works.

Short version:
    -Send referral link/email to friend.
    -If they create an account and spend $10 in station cash, membership or prepaid game card, you can choose a 1 day boost (50% XP or 50% ressources or 30% XP and ressources)
    -At 2, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 friends recruited you get unique cosmetic rewards.
  2. RadarX

The program is back in it's original configuration. Important to note we are not done and some changes should be coming down the road but we've had a lot of requests to bring it back so we've done so in the interim.
  3. MotionBlured

The referral rewards are just cosmetics I'll never have. Why does SOE make it so difficult for me to give them money?
    • Up x 1
  4. Nhilys

Any specifics about the changes that should be coming?
  5. ColonelChingles

You're just not trying hard enough. :p

Just make 25 email accounts, register each of them for a PS2 account, spend $10 in each (for $250 total), and BAM you've got your cosmetics!
  6. MotionBlured

like I said, they're making it difficult.
  7. ColonelChingles

I guess they could release a $250 bundle on the store page that just allows you to buy the entire package outright? Keep in mind that a piecemeal approach wouldn't quite work as those recruit reward cosmetics are incremental!

Also maybe legal issues involved if they "promised" that such items would be exclusive.

Really if you're okay with plopping down $250 you should be perfectly fine spending your time making fake email accounts. ;)
  8. MotionBlured

I'm not ok with any of that.
  9. Oddhermit

Really needs to give the recruited account(s) some significant benefits. Right now they're just pressured to spend money to help someone else out, or of course the recruiter gives them money to get the RAF benefits for themselves.

A system where new accounts could find a RAF offering player that would also make it a more appealing system. Perhaps a limited amount of certs could be gifted from recruiter to recruit. And to encourage friends to bring friends in and play together, a large experience bonus to players when they interact with eachother: all assist, repair, heal, revive, etc. XP could be doubled.
  10. sindz

Haha the requirements are still beyond ********, glad SOE learned nothing.
  11. Jogido

technically giving them money is easy, getting the cosmetics is hard (usually)

For me, aside from getting 25 peeps to join...the other hard part is that I already got my friends playing and I can't retroactively claim them as a recruits anymore :p
  12. Yeahy

Is this the thing where you get the sva-88 or is that different?

EDIT: Crap reading is hard :/

Edit again: So if you do recruit say X people, you can get certain cosmetic and or weapon rewards?
  13. Anti-Skub

Can I make a couple of requests/complaints in the interest of improving the thing?

First off can you rethink the "must not have played an SOE game in the past 6 months" thing? I'm constantly trying to get my friends to play Planetside and they do every now and again. If I do finally manage to convince them that it's worth spending money on it shouldn't that be rewarded?

I'm also constantly trying to hype of H1Z1 because I want us all to play it and I know about 6-7 guys who didn't even know about it who are pretty excited to play it now because I've told them about it. Unfortunately with the current system, because I've also got them to try other SOE games I won't get anything if they pay for H1Z1 because it won't be on a new SOE account.

Can you also allow us to "recruit" players who have just started. I'm constantly recommending to people who have just started playing that they should think about getting a 6 months membership (because it's the best value). It would be really nice if say Auraxium membership players could recruit people who are already playing but haven't thought about spending money yet.

Can you ditch the "must purchase within 60 days" thing. If I introduce someone to the game and they later spend money on it why does it matter that they made their first purchase after 9 weeks instead of 8?

It just seems like a lot of small print to me when surely the whole point of the program is just for current players to convince new players that the game is worth spending money on. If we do that, surely that's enough?

I understand why they are there obviously, if there were no restrictions everyone could just recruit everyone else and it wouldn't serve any purpose, but surely there's a way to reward people that doesn't disclude genuine effort to talk up your game? What if the recruit a friend system had membership bonuses that removed some of these restrictions so that it was easier for longer term members to benefit from it?
  14. vincent-

Well the majority playing this are my friends already I don't have any more friends and the ones that I could say are, do not play pc games or this kind of game to begin with.
  15. blessedpatrick

I feel that having a limit of 60 days to purchase within makes it kinda awkward, it took a while before people I recruited wanted to invest.
    • Up x 1