New flyer in the works?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 9, 2014.

1. BiggggBRIM

Downloaded the patch today and was browsing vehicle decals when I noticed this:

[IMG]

All the way on the right, what is that? Could be a new one-man personal transport that is faster than the ESF's, or could it be a new drone controlled by someone elsewhere? Let the speculation begin!
  2. z1967

Probably the drone since it has it's profile. But meh, who knows.
    • Up x 2
  3. MotionBlured

Unlikely. They've said repeatedly the next thing is ES buggies and new tank secondaries and primaries(?)
  4. DorianOmega

Hope its a drone (or small recon craft for one person), a UAV in PS2 would be a dream come true.
  5. Nexus545

Most likely a place holder for something else. I doubt we would get another air vehicle right after the Valkyrie.
  6. sustainedfire

Lol it looks like the vanu symbol.

Though it could be the drone that was developed for the infiltrators update and then held back for a "broader" update.

It would be nice to have a lite air transport, perhaps with a cloak, though it could potentially be abusable.

Ie. Invisible kamikaze ramming, C4 loading kamikaze and etc.
  7. Gendomaoken

If its not some kind of fast air transport vehicle(which i highly doubt), than there is strong possibility it is infiltrator drone. In the past there were talks about giving infiltrators some new tools, to enhance their role on battlefield. But it went silent after some time.
  8. Champagon

Hate to burst bubble but it looks like a "Rank" icon. I've seen it somewhere before that's for sure
  9. BiggggBRIM

[IMG]
  10. Champagon

LOL or it's this!
    • Up x 2
  11. KnightCole

Why? So an infil or someone can sit there and endlessly spam "enemy spotted"? Right up to the point where someone finds their hiding spot and shoots them off the UAV? We already have recon darts up the yang and recon posts that detect people alot. Plus firing the gun shows us up on the minimap, more so if one uses a comp. Why a UAV? Just to say we have it?
  12. Alan Kalane

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW WHAT IT IS
    It's a recon drone for the infiltrator yet to be implemented. It looks like SplinterCell trirotor, is extremely small and has a camera to let you spot enemies even if you are not there. It's currently in test phase but as far as I know it's probably not gonnah make it...Why?Because you can put C4 on it...
    • Up x 4
  13. DorianOmega

I want a UAV because they are extremely valuable to a modern day battlefield and give the majority of recon to modern armies and will probably be used indefinitely until something better replaces them which seems unlikely.
    The games recon darts feel really gimmicky and the deployable motion sensor comes off pretty cheesy, a UAV makes perfect sense for this game considering the only other niched way to go about giving recon feels lame (and fake) and is a way RL armies get recon and intel, plus giving a player a direct way to give recon in a realistic sense seems like it would only be good for the game.

I take it you don't like getting spotted by enemies...
  14. Nexus545

If it is the UAV... Let the spotting commence.
  15. ChironV

Why would a drone be useful?

One of the hardest things for a Platoon or Squad leader to do is FIND GOOD BATTLES. Often times you see a hotspot but when you run there it fizzles out and your group is stuck babysitting the points.

This drone, if it is only available for squad or platoon leaders would be a godsend for them. No more having to guess if you are running to a ghost cap or are running to an awesome battle. Zip a drone out there, evaluate what the situation is and task a squad in a couple of Valks or send the whole platoon toward a good battle.

Thats what players want. A platoon leader or squad leader who can find the great battles. Drone would give them the chance to evaluate what is happing and find those good battles.
  16. DatVanuMan