Using dual falcons, Aegis shield or charge?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by MiniSentrygun, Sep 7, 2014.

1. MiniSentrygun

I use dual falcons, should I cert charge or use the shield?
    I use my max mainly for AV and anti MAX. Also using nanite auto repair.

Also, is there a difference between slugs of different MAX shotties? Is there a difference in accuracy or damage?
  2. _itg

I like the shield with dual falcons, since you're constantly reloading, and the shield covers you during the downtime. On the other hand, charge lets you venture farther out from cover, since you can quickly dash back if you start taking damage.

As for slugs on the shotguns, I know a lot of stats carry over from the default versions of the guns, such as RoF, CoF, and bullet velocity. They all do 500 damage with pretty heavy damage dropoff (not sure if the dropoff is the same for all the shotguns). Mattocks are the best with slugs, since they have the best CoF and best bullet velocity.
  3. Atenson

I think charge is a better universal tool. The Empire Specific MAX abilities are a little to Niche/ Situational. However I do believe the NC shield is the best of the (3). The shield may save you occasionally during a reload but it serves mostly as a support/defensive utility.

I only use the shield on my dual-falcon loadout w/ auto regen. I consider this my solo max build & relly on the regen when Engi's arnt around.
  4. SkepticJerry

Charge, always charge. Especially with Falcons.