The revamped t2 striker sucks.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by QShadowLurker, Sep 8, 2014.

1. QShadowLurker

The Striker simply doesnt do enough damage. 100 is pathetic, and costs too much time to use it over any other launcher. It needs to do around 200-300 per shot so it would be on par or slightly better than the other launchers in a full magazine. Please give the Striker more damage, but dont go over 300. That gets to imbalance territory.
    • Up x 1
  2. DevDevBooday

Dont even care if its good, I just dont want it to suck so much
    • Up x 1
  3. Ztiller

Yeah, 300 damage seems great and balanced. That means the Striker would need 4 shots to kill a ESF and could kill a Magrider with 10 from the front.

Any more damage than that would just be unbalanced! The Forumside balance department have done it again!
    • Up x 1
  4. Tuco

1) Full auto mode, save mouse.
    2) Triple velocity
    3) Quadruple redirect proximity direction, double redirect proximity direction for ground
    4) Redirects aim towards Ground vehicle as well
    5) Double damage
    • Up x 1
  5. Tuco

What use is 300 damage when you can't hit air.
  6. Sixstring

I hope
    I hope you're being sarcastic. The striker fires way too fast to four shot an ESF especially in a group. And no RL should two clip a MBT from the front. (sigh) You WERE being sarcastic right?
  7. NoctD

Why is the damage being changed at all? The damage should remain what it was previously, the only thing that should change is the mechanics of the Striker.

SOE fail again. Unless they're thinking the current Striker after all the nerfs is still grossly OP? :eek: :confused:
    • Up x 1
  8. Ztiller

Yes. I was being sarcastic. These guys want the Striker to 3-shot a MAX and think that making it deal more damage would be "Unbalanced." That's community balancing for you.
    • Up x 1
  9. DatVanuMan

Then make the reload longer.
  10. Huggzsbunny

4 shots to kill an ESF would be balanced IMO considering how difficult it would freaking be to actually hit an ESF four times even with the lock on Coyote function.
  11. miraculousmouse

It really wouldn't, especially if the ESF in question is an AH reaver.
  12. Huggzsbunny

You can't put the AH Reaver into discussion when the disadvantage of the AH is that you have to get very close to the ground to kill your targets quicker. You arnt very good if you miss an AH Reaver while he's attacking ground troops. You miss one or two shots with the Striker if it had the 200-300 damage model, you wont be able to kill the Reaver if he has full health.
  13. Tuco

It's a 1-armed burster max with 1/4th the DPS, with projectiles half the velocity, with projectiles that can be completely negated with flares, and a zoom so high you won't be able to lead anything moving perpendicular to your position.

terribad.
    • Up x 1
  14. DxAdder

I think the 100 damage is place holder or the damage it's suppose to do vs infantry.

6 shots to kill a flash is on par with the version 1.0 Glancer. I hope were not seeing the finished product.

I think this could possibly be SOE's worst weapon ever made.
    • Up x 2
  15. LibertyRevolution

You do realize it takes 5 shots to kill a flash with current lancer right?
    • Up x 1
  16. Runegrace

How many need to miss if you have 10 people shooting at the aircraft? Air is exposed to almost every unit at once that's on the ground. Current air locks need 3 hits/clips to destroy an aircraft, and can be blocked with flares whether you have 1 or 10 people shooting at you. If a solo infantry can one-clip a fighter reliably at close range with the Striker then a squad of them will decimate air even if they only hit with 10% of their rockets. We do not need a repeat of the Striker creating a no-fly zone for the other empires.
    • Up x 2
  17. axiom537

And the Phoenix can't even hit a Flash, well unless it is stopped and the driver has DC'd from the game.