Non reviving Medics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Sep 7, 2014.

1. day ofm one

Please, if you don't want to give a serious answear, just get out.
    Hating is not welcome here.
    Flaming is not welcome here.

I play on Ceres and noticed 2 things.

1. There are not many Medics around.
    E.g. today Biolab fight, 48+ people, 2 Medics.
    And not a single one of them was reviving.

2. When there are Medics around, quite many of them don't revive anyone.
    Many Medics just seem to play Medic, because they can heal themselves for free.

Now my questions:

Why don't you play Medic?

Is it not rewarding enough?
    You know, reviving and healing gives quite nice XP.

E.g. I play Engineer, because I allways run out of ammo otherwhise, also I don't like seeing 5% health MAXes sitting in a corner, waiting to get repairs.

Why do you play Medic?

E.g. I play Medic, when I notice that there are enough Engineers around, but no Medics.

When you play Medic, do you revive?

Do you just play Medic to save Certs and resources for other stuff than health kits?

E.g. When I play Medic, I revive and heal everyone I see.

Effort to revive others?

Do you only revive people close to you?

E.g. I often run 50 meters around in a base to revive someone (what no other Medic seems to do).
  2. pnkdth

There are a lot of factors can come into play, chaotic fights, clutter on the screen, getting shot at, thought players die in a stupid location, or they might be fresh into the game. They might also have been playing in squads and focused heavily on their own.

Also, if I notice there is something lacking I change into one myself.
    • Up x 1
  3. Larolyn

I play medic cause I love assault rifles. TR have some amazingly fun assault rifles to play with and have an amazing variety of ARs to choose from.

When I revive there are 2 things I consider.

1. Is it safe for me to revive right now?
    2. Is it safe for the person I am reviving to get them up right now?

If the answer is no to any of these, I am not going to revive you if I am in danger or if I put you in danger. My number 1 priority is to keep myself alive and to revive people safely.

Sometimes I hear the monotonous drone in proxy of "medic, medic, medic". We all know the guy. You have to realise that every revive I make is made by answering 2 simple questions I have listed above. If either one of this is nope, then your *** is staying down. Simple as.
    • Up x 10
  4. Crator

You really didn't need two threads for this... One for both medic and engineer would have been enough... Could have had a single thread named Support Roles Misery or something like that...

Anyways, I'll sometimes grab a medic when I find no one is reviving anyone around... It's annoying seeing medics running around you on the map while you are dead and don't even try to revive you. I understand if I was in a bad position but sometimes you'll see them right next to you or on top of you and they just ignore you completely... If I know I'm in a bad position I'll just redeploy right away cause I don't want medics even trying to get me in a spot that will get them killed too...

I play engineer more then medic and do more then repair stuff but I will repair MAX and vehicle alike when I see they need it... Sometimes it's annoying cause you try to repair them and they start moving away from you while you are trying to repair them...
  5. DrPapaPenguin

Like Larolyn said, I play medic solely for the rifle. As such, my priorities will be as follows: Shoot targets in the general viscinity, check that the coast is clear, look around for nearby corpses, look around for nearby injured to heal, pop the AoE heal ability for them and then run to find more targets to shoot. If there really is nothing else to do, i.e. we just capped the base and there are no more enemies, then I will look around further for corpses, but any healing and/or reviving is generally done after I deal with any threats. Unless I need an emergency meatshield.

EDIT

And ever since the regeneration implants were introduced, the major reason for playing the offensive medic i.e. free self-heal has lost much of its luster.
    • Up x 2
  6. Nexus545

I play medic in the right situation and switch to something else if there is too much competition.

As for reviving people, I'll revive those who are relatively close (roughly 50 meters) if they are in a safe location. If you're out in the open and there's a few enemies on the other side of cover, I'm not reviving you. Medics life > any other infantry's life.
  7. Esjo

I'm a naughty medic.. I mainly play medic simply because they have some of the best and most versatile weapons available on NC.

If i see a corpse, i try to revive it.. if i see hurt peeps i try to heal.. when it suits me to do so.

If I could get the same weapons on a light/heavy assault, I'd never touch the medic class.
    • Up x 1
  8. DatVanuMan

A lot of medics simply forget that they have the ability to even the odds of a battle by bringing back some needed fire power and numbers. On Emerald NC, relatively NO ONE revives, which is why I quick-spawn away:p
  9. patrykK1028

You play on Ceres? mmm you missed something
    And there are NO MEDICS in this game. At all. There are COMBAT MEDICS
  10. Blippy

The the fantastic dip
  11. DatVanuMan

No idea why it says thatXD
    Thanks for noticing:p
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

What the point to risk for someone, when he will respawn, and you get nothing.
  13. DHT#

I will revive, but I will not run halfway across a base through enemy fire to revive someone. I also don't revive people who die in front of teleporter or spawn rooms, because they should know those areas are likely to get them killed can almost always be avoided.

There's also very few people that stick around for revives these days. With the 5s respawn time you can often get back into the fight with a full loadout faster than a revive and there's less risk of immediately dieing again.
  14. Littleman

My primary concerns are:

1. Stay alive.
    2. Clear the area (kill the bad guys.)
    3. Gauge victim position and accessibility.
    4. Get the victims up off the floor.

In that order. I can rush headlong into combat, however if there are others to do it for me, I'll let them do it for me. I am not about to rush into a hail of gunfire you pick people up however. That not only will get me killed, but them killed AGAIN as well, because no matter how fast you move on your end, you're still standing still for at least half a second on someone else's end. Plus, most people I pick up take a full 2 seconds to get their bearings, so really they're just free exp for me and my enemy.
    • Up x 1
  15. FinePool

I main medic, I revive and heal all I can, but when it comes to reviving if its dangerous I'm not going to risk pulling out me heal tool and be left defenseless. If I rush out to revive someone that just gets me killed and then both of us are dead, which helps no one.
    • Up x 1
  16. Morti

People can play however they like.

People don't always see that you've died.

People can't always revive you when you died standing near a wall ect.

People can make decisions for themselves whether or not it's worth reviving you, besides, you can't even see what's going on after you die. It's much better to not be revived than to revive, get up for half a second and be mown down by hordes of enemies.

Oh and corpses despawn after 30 seconds now, so it's pointless to wait around long after that.
  17. Matt879

As a very dedicated medic player, I have a few things to say. First of all, don't complain if you get yourself killed in a dangerous situation because you overextended. A medic usually wont and shouldn't risk his life to revive someone by running into a group of enemies. Second thing, even if you die in a group of teammates, medics might be occupied with other things (i.e. Healing, killing, shielding or even reviving). They gave us AR's for a reason, we're not supposed to run around with our med tools 24/7 and let the other classes do all the killing. When the enemies are being very aggressive, I will always prioritize keeping them suppressed until it's clear over reviving the odd person that goes down. However, when I notice that my teammates can hold it or that a teammate has been down for quite some time, I will always go and try to pick them up. You might not get a rez from me right away, but as long as I survive you can be sure that you're going to get one.

That brings me to my third point, give us time. As aforementioned, we have other things to do and we're not staring at you specifically all the time to make sure that you're alive. If you die and respawn as fast as possible, only to complain 3 seconds after your respawn that medics never revive, then I feel like slapping you. If you really care a lot about your KD, and want a revive every time, then wait for 30 seconds before you respawn. And then one last thing that is worth mentioning. There is a bug where for some reason a body will become unrevivable for someone, even if it's still there. It's happened dozens if not hundreds of times to me that I would try to revive someone for 15 seconds from all different angles, only to have another medic come in and pick up the dead person without a problem.

Don't think that the entire bunch is spoiled because of a few rotten apples. Some people indeed only play medic to heal themselves, or for the AR's. Others simply don't have enough situation awareness and don't notice dead teammates, or don't know what to do as a medic because they're a low BR. However I know from experience that most medics do their job just fine, however some might be slower at it than others. If you really see 5 medics around your dead body not picking you up with no enemies around, then you must really be all out of luck. When I die in a group of teammates, I get revived almost every time if I wait for a revive.
    • Up x 2
  18. PraetorGavorn

I have recently maxed out my Medic Tool and I've noticed that in the fights where there's a lot of players, building to building fighting and few to no medics around, I tend to end up with my own personal cert farm.

There are no medics around reviving?

GREAT! This means you can spawn as a Medic yourself and take all the certs that are literally just lying around.

I made 78 certs in a half hour of fighting during the double xp weekend while reviving at a Tech Plant grind. Seriously.
  19. Radical Raxuss

Whenever I am a medic, it's when there's 1-12 pop and the point is far from the spawn.

More medics would be nice, but I respawn fast enough that I barely care. I get certs as I play any class and I'm in no rush to get thousands like everyone else is.

With that said, it is kind of annoying when they rush straight past you when you're clearly safe to revive. I still have bullets in my gun, c'mon, revive me.
  20. Zeppelin123

WHERE IS THE COMBAT MEDIC !!!!

Unkown MAX