Server Smash result Connery 37- 61 Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Sep 6, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

Well done Emerald. Amazing fight, really refreshing to see people play the objective and push the point

Jaamaw great lead, from the front.

I admit I didn't fancy our chances with DA, TIW, AC, PREY, not sure who the remaining members on NUC are playing with nowadays etc not taking part but yet Emerald won without some of their top outfits. Amazed

GG

And great job to the SS guys as well. The event is getting better with the new over lays and better rules
  2. MotionBlured

How many people are in these fights?
  3. NinjaTurtle

288 v 288
  4. MotionBlured

Commentators know what they're talking about?
  5. NinjaTurtle

They were pretty good. They seemed to have a good grasp on what was happening and what were the key bases and fights.

They have made some good changes since the Waterson - Mattherson SS

I liked them personally
    • Up x 1
  6. MotionBlured

I'll try to check it out next time.
  7. Popper100

From the half-hour I saw, looked like Connery was too set in their strategy while Emerald was adapting swiftly to anything we threw at them. They played well, but also exploited our lack of locking down Galaxies from our bases, from what I've heard.

All in all, not a bad match, just showing our weaknesses to us. Always next time.
  8. vanu123

I'm just upset they didn't show the southern lane.
  9. Church41349

What when did this happen? I was never informed about when a connery vs emerald server smash was going to happen
    • Up x 2
  10. Shanther

It took place earlier this evening. There have been threads on the Connery, Emerald, and Server Smash subreddits for weeks about this. There was also one on the Planetside subreddit for about a day or two. I think one may have popped up here as well but it probably got burried rather quickly.
  11. Verviedi

Same here.
  12. Church41349

Well great but not everyone uses reddit. Seriously could nobody make a simple post on the official panetside 2 forums to let people know about something like this?
    • Up x 1
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

GG Connery, it was a real blast. I wish that kind of organized platoon play existed on live servers. Props to the organizers and commanders, things went very smoothly this time around.
  14. Shanther

You might want to start using Reddit because that is where a lot of community events are organized. Even if it was posted here your outfit would have needed to be around for meetings and organization. All of which are organized on reddit. Spots are very limited.
    • Up x 1
  15. PraiseTheSpandex

It'd be cool -- bit of a daydream, I know -- to be able to log into that fly-camera client as a player, and just swoop around checking things out occasionally. Zooming through those big air battles with the commentators was pretty awesome. :D
  16. Person7man

It's kind of sad that connery has such few elite outfits in the game. They happen to have 2 of probably the top 5 in FCRW and Recursion, but the whole server is dominated by zergfits. The only "semi organized combined arms" I can name on connery after 6 days of playtime is FCRW, 00, BAID, Havoc, T42, OP4, TXR, and TRG. The other ones might be organized, but these outfits really make a difference when they can take on whole platoons of ADK and EXE kids. Meanwhile Emerald is dominated by Elitefits, and zergfits only exist to get farmed over and over.
  17. Shanther

We aren't the "Crown Jewel" for no reason.
  18. KnightCole

Yeah, Emerald VS/TR seem to win alot. ITs the NC that always blow...if the Connery NC and Emerald NC had a show down, it would be like 2 kindergarten cripples having a wrestling match...
  19. EliteEskimo

I would pay to watch this fight if Stew 360 was leading Emerald NC :D
    • Up x 2
  20. NoctD

Prior to reading about reddit on the PS2 forums, I never even knew Reddit existed. Then again, prior to PS2, I didn't even know Twitch existed either. I've played PC games for many years, but unless you've been in one of those types of games with clans and such, I doubt if the average gamer out there even knows of these sites.