[Video]Ultra low graphics challenge

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Razeroth

Any challenges for next week? :)
    • Up x 3
  2. KnightCole

It looks more like the really old Doom games....that is scary to see.
    • Up x 1
  3. MotionBlured

Your face cam takes up too much screen space, imo.
    • Up x 8
  4. z1967

So, how was PS1? Looks kinda like PS2 except with bigger pixels.
    • Up x 2
  5. libbmaster

That looks like my graphic settings.

Except I have a larger resolution, to fit my screen.
    • Up x 3
  6. Razeroth

It has that charm.
    Better when on high settings IMO this is just too fuzzy and doesn't look fully 3d
  7. Paragon Exile

I'm getting 250 FPS now.

:3
  8. Spectre 694

Doom looks better lol.
  9. Lafladitu

A year ago or so someone made a video or a gif with very low resolution, it almost looked like something that would have been able to be played on a NES 8-bit console. It was his responce on best way to get highest FPS possible :p
  10. cruczi

Video unwatchable due to low FOV :(. Even though FOV is in the graphics settings menu, it's not a graphics quality setting. You didn't need to turn that all the way down, FOV is a preference thing and has nothing to do with playing "on the lowest settings".
    • Up x 2
  11. Nexus545

I pretty much play like that on my laptop. It has no graphics card yet plays pretty well.
  12. Jur270

here is
    • Up x 2
  13. Razeroth

Sorry man although I think FOV does effect FPS and performance, I'm sure if it is higher you have more on the screen. Correct me if I am wrong though. :)
    Ultra potato!!!! Think that looks unplayable though :p
    Doom was pretty as it was designed for the sprites.
  14. cruczi

It does affect performance, true. That doesn't make it a graphics quality setting, and graphics quality is what people refer to when they talk about running a game on the lowest settings. Higher FOV does not mean better quality even though it may mean lower performance. As a matter of preference, it's doesn't factor into running the game on the lowest settings.

In my opinion, the FOV settings should be in General settings rather than Graphics settings in the in-game menu. General settings contains all of the other things that are a matter of preference, but for some reason FOV is in the Graphics settings which should only contain things related to graphics quality.
  15. Khir

I cannot think of a general setting that would have an effect on performance. I may be forgetting some, though. Sound. graphics, etc, on the other hand, does.
    In that way I feel FOV belongs firmly in the graphics settings.
    Preference is what you get when you have a machine that's strong enough to run multiple options. if you have weak hardware and want the best performance you NEED to lower FOV, resolution and even the amount of sound channels and quality that you can get.
  16. cruczi

If the machine is so crap that one has to turn the FOV down even after turning down actual graphics quality settings... it's time to upgrade. Or was, five years ago.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pingonaut

I really couldn't see most of the game because of the webcam, I would suggest making it smaller.
    • Up x 1
  18. Cest7

I like how the chat box extends over half the screen.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kunavi

I have to admit, it induced some nostalgia... And it looks like the first Joint Operations game, only modded to include futuristic units and buildings if you know what I mean. Now that other Ultra Low video, that's torture. That one's practically worse than most GameBoy titles, except it's 3D and is in colour.
    • Up x 1
  20. Razeroth

I used to love joint operations, it was amazing at the time. I think it was only 60 v 60 or something but it felt massive. Although I don't remember it looking this bad but maybe I am looking through rose tinted goggles!

Dually noted, I will make it smaller for the next video, but on this one it was mostly blocking the chat box, ha!
    • Up x 1