Planetside 2 Beginner Tutorial Bootcamp Video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nuclearunicorn, Sep 6, 2014.

1. nuclearunicorn

So i made a short tutorial video for PS2. I plan to make more with annotations on this video for all the classes, vehicles, and to explain the warp gate, map, etc. I may vary the style, or my voice a bit. I'd like to keep them relatively short, to the point, easy to digest and understand. One thing i missed was to explain that you spawn in the warpgate but i'll probably put some annotations in there to another video. Tell me what you think. Thanks.

2. Iridar51

Hope you can take some critique. No insult or disrespect intended.
    • "VS suffer from degradation and power over distance"?
    • NC don't have long reloads, apart from Gauss SAW, which has 20 000 damage per mag, so you need to reload like once a year.
    • In game tutorial teaches much more than just FPS basics; it also tells about classes, spawning and driving vehicles, capturing bases, overloading generators.
    • If you're going to teach new players, at least use the commonly accepted terminology: "weapon terminal", not "gun console".
    • V key is for voice callouts, not voice chat. You can't warn your squad about infiltrators with that. Z is squad voice chat.
    • If you're covering vehicles, you should've at least showed all three empire-specific MBTs and ESFs.
    • Didn't cover the Galaxy.
    Once again, my intention is not to bash or offend you, just provide some honest feedback so you can weed out any imperfections.
    Otherwise good video, I like your unique style.
    • Up x 1
  3. nuclearunicorn

Most of what i said is from the PS2 wiki.

A degradation IN power over distance. Might be a bit muffled from the effect i used.

The wiki says they do. And i thought that was the case.

Didn't know about the tutorial. I went through the first part and figured it was still the same as a while back. Put an annotation in.

Said gun console, later said vehicle terminal didn't think it was a big deal.

I said z, again maybe the effect i used.

I plan to show all the different vehicles in other videos. Wanted these to be short and to the point.

I did cover the galaxy.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe in future videos i can clean up the effect a bit so words are more easily distinguishable.
  4. Iridar51

Figures. Sadly, PS2 Wiki is as unreliable information source as they come. You might want to learn the game better before you try to teach others =\
    • Up x 1
  5. nuclearunicorn

Oh is that right? Well would you point me to where i can find the information? I can't possibly know the specifics of everything in the game. Surely it must be somewhere if not on the wiki.
  6. Pingonaut

There really isn't anywhere. It basically is about learning through play.
  7. Iridar51

The only real way to know exactly how everything works is to keep up with update changelogs and precise knowing of current game mechanics. There's no one big comprehensive information resource with up to date info on everything.

I've compiled a PlanetSide 2 Game Guide, link is in my sig. It's mostly up to date, though I didn't put in Valkyrie yet, and it offers basic information, similar to your video.
  8. nuclearunicorn

So nowhere can you find any concrete information on this game, not on the wiki, nowhere on the entire internet. How then would you know the information on the wiki is wrong? You just know? Then in reality any "fact" about this game is really just someones opinion, in which case the opinion of whoever wrote the wiki would hold as much weight as yours. Surely there must be some stats gathered together somewhere that Iridar51 used to reach his earlier conclusion about NC reload times.

It says webpage unavailable for the game guide.
  9. Iridar51

Oh, you mean stats. Yes, player community has datamined weapon stats. Though some of the weapon stats, like weapon reload times, you can see in the game itself =\

Here are links:
    Weapon Stats Spreadsheet (As of Aug 06)
    Weapon Attachments Effect Spreadsheet
  10. nuclearunicorn

Yeah i found the symthic chart which is handy as i'm not going to compare them all in game. So i can correct that too. Kind of disappointing really. I thought that at least basic information would be readily available and correct. I don't have enough time to learn every little nuance. That is the "official" wiki right? Lol...

EDIT: Well i'll probably delete it and redo or move on to something else. Glad i posted though before i did more, Thanks.