[Suggestion] Suicides = No XP/Kills

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Primus Pasiv, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Primus Pasiv

It's a pretty simple suggestion. Suiciding to blow up a sunderer with c4 or tank mines gives too much reward for no risk. A single player can remove an expensive vehicle, spawn point and countless players in the area with those explosives.

If you end up killing yourself with the explosion you should forfeit the kills and experience gained from said explosion.
  2. drhead

The entire story behind the war revolves around the fact that there is no permanent loss upon death, because of rebirthing technology. Why would we want to remove this? It makes things interesting to just let players extrapolate on this on their own.
    • Up x 5
  3. Primus Pasiv

Stay true to the lore or make better gameplay.... hmm....
    • Up x 1
  4. TheKhopesh

I suppose you'd like the US government to retract all the awarded medal to those posthumous Medal of Honor recipients from WW2...
    :rolleyes:

People would still do so to kill the a$$clown riding around in his farmhicle blasting you over and over again.
    If someone's suiciding to take out a vehicle, they cannot defeat that vehicle in a way that doesn't result in an extra death against his KD (meaning that he's on the far minority side, and guy in the vehicle he just blew up was likely in a zerg).

If anything, as-is it helps mitigate some of the terrible gameplay that results from zergs and farmers.

Lastly, any group of organized people (as little as two guys, or as big as two platoons) attempting to push would still do this if it was the only way to ensure they could destroy the key enemy vehicle(s) regardless of whether they'd get XP for it.
    (Just because it's a suicide mission doesn't mean it's not necessary, or of key strategic importance.)
  5. Aegie

A single player can use expensive resources (maybe, or you know they may die and/or simply lose those resources for nothing) to maybe destroy an expensive vehicle spawned by a single player.

Takes more than 2C4 for a Sunderer iirc anyway and you can no longer stockpile explosives- so trying those kinds of moves can now make you unable to use the most powerful things in the game, namely vehicles and MAXs.

So much of this ongoing debate and it just gets to sounding like "those powerful disposable items bought with resources are better than the powerful disposable items I like to buy with resources".
  6. Elrobochanco

This idea is literally anti fun. It's like I wish I could take away from the players who I don't approve of.

Next up, anyone using a shotgun that takes more than one shot to kill me, they should get no XP even if they finish it.
  7. Xervous

just use the sundy shield. if the sundy still dies in that case, you dun goofed.
    • Up x 1
  8. phreec

Do a better job defending your Sunderers (or just equip the deploy shield lol).
    • Up x 4
  9. Aegie

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot about the abandoned vehicle shield- lol.

I think it is hilarious how that discussion went:

"Lone wolfs, under no circumstances, should be able to destroy the abandoned vehicle I just spawned by myself".

Then they actually went and implemented it.
    • Up x 3
  10. Xervous

And yet we still get threads like these.
    • Up x 5
  11. Crayv

If you only went by these forums people would think C4 was some type of unstoppable ICBM that is sure thing every time it is used.
    • Up x 6
  12. Demigan

Here's a pretty simple suggestion: defend the damn sunderer

What I do when I place my own sunderer is place some AI mines around good paths, where an Engineer might come when he rushes my Sunderer. Gets you a kill every now and then and saves your Sunderer, two birds with one stone!
    When theres lots of vehicles involved that might tear your Sundy apart I like to place AV mines around. A tank that sees a deployed Sunderer is a wonderful thing, he suddenly is only aware of the Sunderer and any infantry that might be attacking it. They often drive on my mines several times before they realise "hey, I might need to check for mines".
    Once on Hossin I got 5 kills in a row with 3 AT mines, they tried to do a Flash rush with 3 Flashes and 5 Engies on them. My Sundy kept churning out dumb people who wouldn't know the Sunderer was on fire when the flames engulf them and I got a few kills extra. Hurrah!
  13. Taemien

Easier solution than that:

Equip the deploy shield.

C4/Mine suicider blows themselves up. Deals no damage to the Sundy, they get no points, they spent a ton of resources for nothing, and you get to point and laugh. The only way they could get a shield sundy down by suiciding is through a coordinated effort. Coordination is a little different than a "no skill" suicider.
  14. Rift23

People would still do it. Just because you parked your sundy and left it alone/poorly defended doesn't mean I wouldn't try to take it out for my team.
  15. Aegie

Yup, my genuinely no skill "put this in the slot" option can make my lone wolf vehicle immune to lone wolfs even while I am eating this delicious sandwich!
    [IMG]
  16. Frosty The Pyro

gameplay is the best argument you can have for changes to a game

It is not however the argument YOU have.

it wouldnt make better gameplay.
  17. DatVanuMan

How 'bout no?
  18. Latrodectus

Get an engineer with utility pouch and AT mines. Throw 2 mines under the sunderer, detonate, then thrown 3 mines under the sunderer and detonate. Boom, no more sunderer.
  19. DFDelta

That takes so long that if someone manages to do that to a sunderer he deserved the points.
    • Up x 1
  20. Latrodectus

It really doesn't, especially with a sticky grenade.