Hi, I'm Winfield and I'm a Maxist.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Winfield, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Winfield

That's right. I despise and hate MAX units.

They ruin infantry fights. There's way too many of them. They can also be spammed too frequently.

That is all.
    • Up x 19
  2. Komotz

Sounds like you were a victim of one to many Max rushes :p

I agree with you on the point that they can be spammed, it's a mech suit and should be a last resort defense/offense weapon.
  3. Fellgnome

• Up x 1
  4. FateJH

Let's play a game of mad libs.
    • Up x 15
  5. Prudentia

You don't Play enough Light Assault Winfield.
    you simply have no idea how amusing it is to run around a Corner, see a MAX, shot it once (preferable with a Pump Action) run back plant C4 and then watch it follow you and blow up. :cool:
    tough AV nades and bandolier are also quite amusing for that purpose. also G2G Launcher, that Splash.
  6. DorianOmega

Your late to the party, maxes have already had their "spammability" nerfed.
    • Up x 2
  7. KenDelta

Login > My faction owns Hossin > Pick the most populated fight > Take our my Dual AI guns > go ham > Die. > respawn and pull a max > repeat process.

Login > My faction doesn't own Hossin > Logoff.
    • Up x 3
  8. Fellgnome

If anything it was buffed with the resource changes. The higher cost is negligible compared to having no cooldown.
  9. TheKhopesh

YES.

(But I think that the option to revive a standard infantry from the down max is the right way to go. As well, you should be able to choose what class you default to after a max death!)
  10. Axehilt

Cost and cooldown have never balanced MAXes.

The fact that I can wipe the floor with 3+ infantry (sometimes 49 of them) before dying is what makes things broken. The fact that their capabilities are dramatically beyond infantry is what makes MAXes overpowered.

Because of that, discussing cost or cooldown is a complete waste of time. MAXes themselves should be balanced; their cost/cooldown just doesn't matter.
  11. Zeppelin123

Hi, I'm C-4 and I'm a Maxist too.

Hi, my name is Fire, Concentrated Fire and I'm a Maxist too.

Yo, I'm Rocket Launcher and I'm a Maxist too.
    • Up x 2
  12. Popper100

How to deal with MAXes? Shoot them. Shoot them some more. Explosives. And then they die.
    In all honesty, MAXes are fine, they multiply force for the outpopped team effectively without making them too effective for their numbers. The strategy above does require multiple people to actually follow it rather than turn tail and run at all times.
    • Up x 2
  13. Klypto

Max suits are like the biggest **** on infantry gameplay.
    • Up x 4
  14. LodeTria

I wonder what would happen if they could only be pulled from spawn rooms, so you'd actually have to bring them to a fight rather than the nearest AMS.
  15. gigastar

Its only going to last until Higgles and co get around to implementing the rest of the resource revamp.

That wouldnt really help. The overall best thing to do about MAXs is to bring your own. All that would do is hand a massive advantage to defenders.
    • Up x 1
  16. PurpleBeefer

ahhh yes the tears, i hate maxes too.. dang pesky AA ones feel like a rash. BUT i love wearing a max suit , awww yis no skill suit mowing infantry almost as good as my lib. lol anyways real opinion, i think they are fine where they are. max crashes dont happen everywhere andthe cost has helped a bit unless an empire controls hossin.

brb gonna put on my max suit for the biofarm.
  17. MaxDamage

Spammed?!

They are ridiculously overpriced at 450 nanites.

You must mean lots at once because you sure as ****cakes can't "spam" MAXes.

There is no excuse for complaining about MAX units, unless you simply can't get your head around their existence, in which case I invite you to return back to whatever ****e bunnyhopping FPS game from whence you came.

This is Planetside.

Adapt or perish,
    • Up x 4
  18. Verviedi

I thought you said something else in the title, in which case I was ready to flame you so hard you would need a fire extinguisher.
  19. Ronin Oni

Medics can do that too.

Better, they expect it less. (who the hell knows why... wtf else is a medic supposed to carry?)
  20. Ronin Oni

You can't kill 3 people as literally any other class???

Sure, 49 is a long streak, but I guarantee you did that with support.

MAXes are a part of PS2. Just like HA's having direct combat advantage vs any other class is.

It's team balance, not 1v1 balance.