Direct Downloading Patches/Updates/Hotfixes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nitish Sharma, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Nitish Sharma

Hello there folks,I reached to BR 100 on 14th,this month,then I started playing it a little less(huge difference tbh),so I changed my Internet's plan when I realized that game doesn't even need that much speed,can run like charm with 50 KB/s,upstream and downstream,it only cares about the PING,so I nerfed my speed,but recently with patches coming every week or so what I did yesterday when they rolled out a new version of Planetside2.exe file,I started the launcher,it began updating,went in that Setting icon to see which file is being dowloaded,unplugged my Wi-fi receiver,it gave error but with the patch Direct Link,copied it,direct downloaded it,extracted it,renamed it and moved to the Installation folder,and it worked perfectly.So I thought of deleting the Exe file,started the update from the Launcher now,funny thing it took much more time to do it now.

Can I request SOE to put DDL links for a whole patch files somewhere so It's easy for some people,people like me. If this thing is against the rules and stuff,kindly delete it.
  2. starlinvf

The entire purpose of the launchpad is automate and enforce the update process. MMOs, by virtue of data integrity, can't afford to have different versions of the game client operating in the wild, nor will average users tolerate "manual" updates as being viable (they would rather the launchpad issues be fixed then be forced to work around it).

Those that are savvy enough to even consider this method are exceptions to the rule. However, we can not ignore the fact that this is, at best, a work around for the real issue.... launchpad's behavior. So the real question is why is LP stalling/slowing during "get" ops?
  3. Nitish Sharma

Pretty much,yes,but I think they do that to avoid server usage.
    I just can't get what to rename the the files as I downloaded just now
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  4. Belkor

My friend would also appreciate direct download links for patches. The PS2 launcher reboots his internet for some reason.