Warning: Your Directives Aren't Safe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Durendal, Sep 3, 2014.

1. gibstorm

Well you seem to be fine with what happened and defend it as being ok that they are running a broken system on the live server. So i was wonder if that would be exceptable where you work.

At they very least, Every time you log in it should say "Warning, Directives are totally broken"
    • Up x 1
  2. Champagon

I am on the fence about this issue, on one side i can see where you guys are coming from. On the other side I can see the situation that SOE is currently in.

My opinion doesn't matter as SOE will have the final say in this. Just voicing my opinion and views. I'm sure the things I am saying are resonating with some of you. Probably those that don't post. Ah well.

There are many bugs in this game currently and many fixes that SOE should be working on rather than a janky achievement system. I am looking at the bigger picture personally
  3. Matt879

I think I'm just gonna play a few other games until this problem is 100% fixed. I just got my auraxium combat medic directive done, I'm not in the mood to get 300 savior kills AGAIN. It was a nightmare -_-
  4. Maljas23

No. The system they have now is perfectly fine. I doubt these weapons will ever go to Depot because that would completely ignore the point of "Directive weapons". Besides that, this isn't even the point of my last reply...

You are trying to push you're views on to other people as a means to justify this problem. My replies are meant to show you the error of your ways and correct your insensitive opinion on this subject.
    • Up x 1
  5. gibstorm

I thought you work in IT. There is a big difference between. "Oh sorry, that menu doesn't work, right" and "We lost weeks worth of your customers data for thousands of people and can't get it back"
  6. Champagon

Yes i am forcibly pushing my views onto you.
    You missed my point

It's alright, since this is turning into personal attacks over the internet, we will just have to wait and see what SOE does, since they have said that they can't restore the data
  7. gibstorm

They won't do anything unless the customers get angry.

Just like they have never to my knowledge broadcast using the system chat to the gamers that the system is broken. They just hope they can fix it before people notice and get mad.

Every day they could say "Hey guys, it's still broken you could lose all your data" so the players know about it
  8. Maphreal

Mine could have been reset twenty times and I would have never known it. Directives are something that pops up while I play and I think "Oh, cool", and then I move on doing whatever it is that I was doing. I've never understood the whole achievement thing.

However, I understand that a lot of people do care about it, and do aim for these goals, and that the loss of progress is a major deal that SOE needs to fix ASAP and compensate for somehow. I don't see how some of you are just going "I dun care about directives neener-neener-neener you shouldn't either", and acting like SOE shouldn't take responsibility for it. It's bad stuff that's not going to help keep people playing the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. gibstorm

The problem is it goes like this. I like playing LA so I want to get the cool Armour, but to get it you have to do some stuff you don't always like. I hate shotguns and I hate SMGs but you are willing to do it to get the armour. When you get 500 of each and think your almost done the nightmare and see you have to start over......it sucks.
  10. MotionBlured

Directives ARE NOT a big part of the game. They ARE just a number. Don't pretend they're anything else.
    • Up x 1
  11. gibstorm

I don't think anyone cares about their directive score, people want to unlock the items which means doing this you don't like for long periods of time sometimes.

So people would rather not have to do it again. I put about a week into doing random crap to don't really look forward to doing it again.

Shotgun kills
    SMG kills.
    Spamming tank mines
    Spamming mines
    Spamming c4
    Spamming gernades
  12. Zeppelin123

And you should not pretend that numbers are not important :D
  13. ZBrannigan

maybe they're worried about those 'real' guys that keep getting their heads chopped off?.............. not to 'belittle' your profound loss in any way.
    maybe disillusionment that a game they want to be 'fun', isn't, according to the people ******** about grinding the same weapon and hating it.......... just for a 'unique' weapon(like all the others) that will get used about the same amount as the other 'unique' weapons. i doubt anyone's going to pony up subs for 2 more years just because of a single weapon.

maybe it's alot harder than the 'experts' on forumside think it is, to handle 1436 MORE, 23 or so 'full' rounds of BF/Cod at he same time, player numbers than the usual suspects(what i put my money on).
  14. gibstorm

So what you make a commit to do something and you don't expect it to get reset so you have to start them ALL over again.

It sucks when that happens. That is dropping they ball on their end no matter how much you want to down play it
  15. Leftconsin

I just had Galaxies and just Galaxies reset. I guess I'm not that frustrated because I didnt have much into it.
  16. Klypto

Well, obviously we have a ERROR in Planet Side 2. He’s climbin’ in your servers, he’s snatchin’ your directives, tryin’ to delete ‘em. So y’all need to hide your directives, hide your certs, and hide your resources cause they’re crashing’ everybody out here.
    • Up x 1
  17. ZBrannigan

just adding perspective to the massive melodrama you're making it out to be.
  18. LT_Latency

19. DevDevBooday

Why cant they just keep track of progress and back it up? If its lost they then could just retrieve your points from before.
    • Up x 1
  20. Joay

Its just, that it takes the whole meaning of it away. If you have to do it again, it loses its value. It, indeed, shouldn't be in it if its broken. I wonder how hard it is to back that stuff up. I mean, how big would such file be and how long would it take to make a regular copy of it.