Vanguard Versus Prowler TTK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InvitroCanibal, Sep 3, 2014.

1. InvitroCanibal

Rather than argue that one tank is better than the other, I wanted to offer the TTK times between these two tanks.

With max AP reload speed and maximum lockdown, the time to kill rate for a prowler against a vanguard is 8 seconds. This doesn't count the over shield however, which I believe adds 2000 HP, adding significantly more time, I generally count 3 shots before it's down, making the TTK about 10 seconds with the overshield, I have not had time to stopwatch time that though, I only know how many shots it takes.

Again, that was for the prowler with lock down, and full reload speed, timed using a stop watch.

For the prowler versus the vanguard without lock down activated, the TTK is 12 seconds, with the vanguards over shield, again about an estimated 14 seconds.

It takes 2 seconds for the prowler to lock down adding 2 seconds to the TTK in a rush situation, making TTK 12 seconds without having a strategic position.

The Vanguards kill speed against a prowler, with the vanguard having full reload speed is 12 seconds.

This means that the prowler is always out classed in a head to head fight versus a Vanguard tank unless the prowler can get the upper hand using stealth, surprise, precision and lock down

Well thanks for reading

Have fun :)

I'll reply and add secondary guns as I go
    • Up x 3
  2. jiggu

Why did you even bother making this thread and I'm pretty sure your numbers are wrong
    • Up x 7
  3. InvitroCanibal

Okay?

Why'd you even bother posting that response if you didn't have the numbers to prove or disprove anything?
    • Up x 6
  4. InvitroCanibal

21 seconds for the prowlers Halberd with maximum reload speed versus the Vanguard, without overshield

18 seconds for the Vulcan at 50 meters with maximum reload speed enabled
  5. swisscowboy

This means that the prowler is always out classed in a head to head fight versus a Vanguard tank unless the prowler can get the upper hand using stealth, surprise and lock down

YES absolutely

Thats similiar with my experience. you will "always" loose againts a good vanguard driver in a 1v1 situation. So i avoid every fight with vanguards.
    In my opinion the prowler is garbage and boring. Boring, because your only competitive with lockdown. So you have to camp on a hill and spam one shell after the other.

But his advantages: He can kill Sunderes in less than 10 seconds.
    • Up x 6
  6. Nody

Now do it with a Magrider instead; that is once you stopped laughing when you see the numbers...
    • Up x 11
  7. InvitroCanibal

Laughing as in, you think that the numbers are wrong? or laughing because it's depressing?
  8. swisscowboy

I found this in another thread and its fits exactly with my experience

Prowler deploys, Enemy tank either goes around the rear as you cannot move of fire for 3 seconds and shoots you in the back ending the engagment before it starts.

Prowler deploys enemy tank uses cover negating the reload speed

Prowler Deploys, Engages tank, Gets swarmed by heavy assaults launchers with no way for it to move for another 3 seconds.

Long range magriders can strafe the shots, Vanguards shield allows them to survive the burst dps and win the engagement.

Close range magrider boosts past and takes the rear, Vanguard just tanks and uses cover to negate the advantage.

It is just a badly thought out and badly implemented vehicle. The speed advantage is so minor it makes no difference. The armor is so fragile and the 2x shot is great on paper but poor in 99% of circumstances

No longer even consider Anchor and take Fire Suppression instead.

A day in a prowler :D
    • Up x 7
  9. KnightCole

actually the speed advantage is negated cuz the ability is a stationary lock down.....

TR Tank and MAX ability should be like ZoE, without the speed boost. Just a 10s duration, 20% faster reload and RoF speeds. no change to movement speeds, but maybe a mildly worse CoF.
    • Up x 4
  10. KenDelta

So what are the calculations for ? why don't we get a tl;dr in an easier format such as

Prowler TTK on a Vanguard =
    Prowler TTK on a Shielded Vanguard =
    Vanguard TTK on Prowler =
    Prowler(Anchored) on a Vanguard =
    Prowler(Anchored) TTK on a shielded Vanguard =

And whats the use of the TTK and how can it prove that "X is better than Y" ?
  11. InvitroCanibal

Or just stop nerfing its bullet velocity in almost every patch
  12. Moz

Working as intended... Nothing to see here!
    • Up x 2
  13. InvitroCanibal

Prowler TTK on a Vanguard = 12
    Prowler TTK on a Shielded Vanguard = 14
    Vanguard TTK on Prowler = 12
    Prowler(Anchored) on a Vanguard = 8
    Prowler(Anchored) TTK on a shielded Vanguard = 10
    Prowler Time to Lockdown= 2 seconds

I apologize, it's just raw TTK times.

My conclusion was that a 1vs1 at close range, the prowler loses

At long range, the vanguard loses

Calculations help anyone who plays the TR or NC, know what it takes to kill either a vanguard or prowler and when they are outclassed.

I apologize again, I assumed the usefulness would be there for anyone's curiosity.

I'll stop adding information to it though, as I see information isn't welcome in these forums unless it's to draw a slanderous conclusion of some sort.

Or arranged in a flow chart
    • Up x 2
  14. Peg

Except the prowler starts shooting you from several thousand meeters away and seems to hit every shot without fail.
  15. FateJH

Assuming no additional directional armors or reload speed modifiers, perfect line of sight, and all shots land, damage models for the AP/AP Prowler against the Vanguard are:
    • Note: 4000 health
    • 904 (1250 damage x 2 shots x 32% front armor x 113% type modifier) every 3.0s (2.5 reload + 0.5 delay between shots; a 0.5 refire delay after reload can be avoided by re-pressing M1 during the reload) for P2-120 AP
      • Maximum rank Anchor Mode adjust the timing to 1.8s (2.5 reload x 48% Anchor + 0.5 delay between shots)
    • 480 (1000 damage x 32% front armor x 150% type modifier) every 3.25s (3.25 reload; no refire delay if M1 depressed) for the E540 Halberd
    Damage models for the AP/AP Vanguard (Enforcer) against the Prowler are:
    • Note: 4000 health
      • Vehicle Shield adds 2000 fortified health for 6s; we'll assume all damage calculations for the shield match the Vanguard
    • 882.9 (2075 damage x 37% front armor x 115% type modifier) every 4.0s (4.0 reload; a 0.5s refire delay can be avoided by re-pressing M1 during the reload) for Titan-150 AP
    • 2220.0 (500 damage x 8 shots x 37% front armor x 150% type modifier) every 11.25s (3.25 reload + 1s between shots; no refire delay if M1 depressed) for the Enforcer ML85
    Assuming the Vanguard Shield starts engaged with full time which gives a flat 6000, absolutely ideal refire, and no misses:
    1. Prowler:
      1. 1384 @ 0s [904 + 480]
      2. 2288 @ 3.0s [+904] (Vanguard Shield down #2)
      3. 2768 @ 3.25s [+480]
      4. 3672 @ 6.0s [+904]
      5. 4152 @ 6.5s [+480]
      6. 5056 @ 9.0s [+904]
      7. 5536 @ 9.75s [+480]
      8. DEAD @ 12.0s [+904]
    2. Prowler (Anchor):
      1. 1384 @ 0s [904 + 480]
      2. 2288 @ 1.8s [+904] (Vanguard Shield down #1)
      3. 2768 @ 3.25s [+480]
      4. 3672 @ 3.6s [+904]
      5. 4576 @ 5.4s [+904]
      6. 5056 @ 6.5s [+480]
      7. 5960 @ 7.2s [+904]
      8. DEAD @ 9.0s [+904]
    3. Vanguard: (individual Enforcer shots factored)
      1. 1160 @ 0s [882.9 + 277.5]
      2. 1437 @ 1s [+277.5]
      3. 1437 @ 1.8s (Vanguard Shield down #1)
      4. 1714 @ 2s [+277.5]
      5. 1991 @ 3s [+277.5] (Vanguard Shield down #2)
      6. 3151 @ 4s [+882.9 + 277.5]
      7. 3428 @ 5s [+277.5]
      8. 3705 @ 6s [+277.5]
      9. 3977 @ 7s [+277.5]
      10. DEAD @ 8s [+882.9]
    Someone please poke holes in my 1v1 slugfest on-paper math (and make sure to remind me that 1v1 is wrongheaded).
    • Up x 3
  16. Moz

DUDE! This is wrongheaded!
    • Up x 2
  17. Paragon Exile

OP, you're approaching this incorrectly.

You did not factor in;

Secondaries (Halberd, Enforcer, Vulcan).

Resists (Front, Sides, Rear; vanguard has a better frontal resist)

Terrain (Prowler is better at tackling inclines)

Speed (Prowler wins)

Profile (Both are sorts' big from the right angle)

I think you'll find that the Vanguard is the more ponderous, stronger tank suited for straight combat with other vehicles, while the Prowler is a vastly better option for anti-infantry and getting rom point A to B. It's not supposed to be symmetrical, and they should not perform the same in the same situation.
    • Up x 4
  18. WTSherman

Well taking it at face value that 1 sec difference, when you consider that the Enforcer will run out of ammo at the 7 sec mark, thus be reloading if the Prowler is able to gain a 1 sec advantage, means that it basically comes down to "he who shoots first wins".

I also note that if you leave the shield out, the Prowler's damage against the Vanguard passes the 4k mark at 4sec/6 sec for anchored/unanchored.

So if you assume perfect shield usage for maximum benefit, whoever shoots first (or misses fewer shots) wins. If the Vanguard doesn't have the shield or any of the shield's damage mitigation is negated by circumstances/tactics, the Prowler wins with a solid 2-4 second lead whether it has anchor or not.

Which basically confirms what Vanguard drivers have been saying: the shield is barely enough to put them on even footing, without it the tank simply isn't competitive.
    • Up x 13
  19. CornyWarfare

Not to mention that the Prowler has to land 2 separate shots.
    • Up x 1
  20. ZomboWTF

now, how about the magrider DPS and TTK in comparison to that?
    i am really curious since a few days later a "Magrider is OP" necro from old days where magrider had it's one-shot saron came along

and especially since the magrider is seemingly peforming better than any other tank atm