Warning: Your Directives Aren't Safe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Durendal, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Durendal

Earlier tonight, Indar on Emerald crashed, taking the progress of around 500 people's directives along with it. Several other people, notably DA stats site manager 50 Shades of Purple, have also had all their directive progress reduced to zero over the past few days.

The best part? SOE refuses to do anything about it--I believe 50 was offered a one day experience boost. (Lol!)

So beware with logging in ATM, as you are taking your progress into your own hands.
    • Up x 6
  2. Goretzu

I said this before, but it's still true.

If they can't back something up so it cannot be lost, then it shouldn't be in the game (as it is clearly not ready to be).
    • Up x 7
  3. Zeppelin123

Lost my progress too yesterday :(
    • Up x 1
  4. Pingonaut

This is a bunch of crap. With such a serious problem with the system how in the world did this get by the testing phases? More importantly, why was the directive system not taken down immediately after it was realized how big of a problem this resetting is? I cannot fathom how they can't refund your directive points, it makes no sense.

It is a such a massive flaw in such a big part of the game, and they need to start being open about it and get this together, because this is ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  5. Desspa

I want my shiny armour or RIOT
    • Up x 2
  6. FieldMarshall

Just completed the engineer directive. Hope its stays permanent once its complete, because doing it was one of the least fun experiences i had in PS2
    • Up x 1
  7. Nhilys

It's mostly stats that aren't medal or ribbon related that seem to reset most of the time.
    And their completion is saved but the numbers associated to them can still reset, (e.g., if you get 450 kills for your expert rank and it resets you'll still have your expert rank complete but will show 0/1200 kills while working on your master rank even though you should already be at least at 450/1200)
  8. LT_Latency

I lost all mine as well, losing over 300 vehicle and class kills hurts . If they do nothing that is pretty lame.

Good MMOs like WoW know to hook the customer up when something really bad happens to them. Cause a happy customer is a paying customer. In World of warcraft I got hacked and my whole character got stripped for gold. They couldn't give me extra gear back but they did give me a TON of random gear to try and make up for it.

I have no idea how some of this data is not backed up some where each night. Just roll or characters back if we ask. losing one night is ok. losing weeks is not cool
    • Up x 1
  9. LtSqueak

Unless they changed it, they said this is working as intended. When you attain a new level, everything in that directive resets. Say you are getting the first level heavy. You kill however many people you need and 3 maxes. You finish off that level and your people kills and max kills both go back to zero to start the next level.

I thought there was a big issue going around where people were losing progress halfway through a directive and having to restart that directive.
  10. FieldMarshall

I hope that's the case. If its just the standard non ribbon/medal tier resets then im not too worried.
    If people are getting 1200/1200 master kills randomly reset then im scared.
  11. FateJH

Perhaps there should be a note somwehere that reminds people that Directives aren't cumulative or contributory between ranks.
  12. LT_Latency

This is what is happening. It's not a reset after your get to the next level, most people know about this.

It a full reset to 0 mid tier to anything that is not tied to a ribbon or a medal for ALL your stats back to the start of the tier you were already on. So if you had 200/300 veichle kills, 1000/1200 kill and 700/800 LA kills for the last level you would log in a see 0 for all of them.

Not fun
  13. Brahma2

People are getting blank/1200 reset. Cheers!
  14. Noktaj

Frak, AGAIN?
    Jeeez, I had it resetted TWICE already. I would have been near those 800 medics by now, instead I'm still sucking around 200/800 medic kills.

I can't believe they are too lazy to can't find a solution to this. It's driving ppl mad.
    • Up x 1
  15. LT_Latency

So I got my CS ticket back for this. Basically they can't or won't do anything if you lose everything.

Greetings Player,

GM here and I apologize as there is still a bug that is causing directive progress to be reset. I'm sorry as I am unable to manually correct your directive progress, however our development team is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it as soon as possible. I would recommend keeping an eye on the official PlanetSide 2 forums for further updates, I have included a link below for your convenience. If there are any further questions or concerns we can address please do not hesitate to contact us.

PlanetSide 2 Forums
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php

[PS2] Submitting a Bug Report
    https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33994

GM
    PlanetSide 2

Sony Online Entertainment
    • Up x 1
  16. Noktaj

Ok... just lost them for the THIRD time :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  17. Nexus545

There is no way to get progress back. People should just accept this, however, SOE should compensate. I actually think losing some progress is okay if you get a 1-day booster. I mean you didn't lose days of progress.
  18. ZBrannigan

has it stopped you 'playing'?(ie:shooting people in the face)
    how big is it? i still seem to be able to shoot people in the face.....so?
    it's a number next to a weapon, that doesn't stop you shooting anyone in the face, can be any number, 5, 28, 32, 54, 137, 205.......anything! doesn't matter, you can still shoot dudes.
    that didn't even exist 4 weeks ago, how did you manage for the 2 previous years?
    • Up x 3
  19. Maljas23

You don't seem to understand. These resets AREN'T just a "number next to a weapon" because there is actual rewards associated with them. When you work toward something, make significant progress toward that something, all to just have your progress removed for no reason, you SHOULD get upset.

There is NO reason this should be happening right now, so don't belittle this problem.
    • Up x 1
  20. Andrea SKye

I lost like 80 savior kills, 50 medic kills and 200-300 normal kills on my medic directive too. Since then I have got some back, but now I dont want to play since theres a risk I might lose them again. Apparently it has something to do with server crashes. If you arent online when they happen your directives are safe (Or so I read on reddit)