[Suggestion] Make Overheat Mechanic An Ammuntion Type

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Foxirus

READ THE POST! THE AMMO TYPE WOULD BE OPTIONAL, NOT FORCED.

In this idea, All VS weapons would gain an additional ammo type choice.

Experimental Powercore is what this new ammo type would be called. This would allow people to CHOOSE if they want it, or to keep their old weapon types. When equipped you will not have access to high velocity ammunition or Soft point ammunition and your gun will be given an overheat mechanic.

This idea will allow the developers to keep the exact same animations as the current weapons with little to no animation work needed. This will also allow the ENTIRE population to have a chance at testing the mechanic to see if it could be plausible for future weapon applications amongst the Vanu Sovereignty.

Guns using the Experimental Powercore could retain the same ammo shots before overheating. I feel that being forced to choose between soft point and high velocity would be more than enough of a balancing trait.

I joined the VS because we were the technology faction. So far, The only thing that makes us look any more technologically superior is our floating tank.

AGAIN IT IS OPTIONAL, THERE IS NO REASON THIS CAN'T HAPPEN YOU ARE NOT BEING FORCED TO CHOOSE THE OVERHEAT MECHANIC.
    • Up x 5
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

This is actually the best option.
  3. tgipier

I agree. However, what about weapons that have no access to neither?
  4. Foxirus

The ammo type could be given to ALL weapons. Its entirely up to what the developers feel would be too powerful running an overheat mechanic.
  5. Noktaj

I like the idea of it being an optional ammo type for the VS.
  6. Acceleratio

I still dont see this beeing put on the old existing guns. Just because Highby said this once under stress ( during a game stream) does not mean its a must. However I can totally see new Vs guns with this awesome mechanic getting releases in the future and I am so going to buy them!
    • Up x 1
  7. Matt879

The devs can't make vanu technologically superior because the TR and NC would cry oceans of tears because we'd be OP as hell. So yeah, for the moment, we'll just stay the weakest faction. Also, anything that's optional is a good idea.
  8. Dracorean

Kinda funny how after awhile of saying this people are starting to want it, heheh.

Though the overheat mechanic would work on VS equipment, I wouldn't say all should have such a mechanic, battle rifles, sub machine guns, and pistols can defiantly make use of the 'no ammo, heat' mechanic. However more powerful weapons might not make for a 'fair' choice.
  9. GeneralPeragorn

Should be a really neat way to make Vanu more unique, and not that hard to do. Not sure all guns should have the option though, but a fair few should.
  10. Ken Photon

I really like this idea, it would make the VS more alien-like and unique. Plus, we could use this as a way to test the mechanics and how it would affect the gameplay in general. I would actually like for this option to be available for all guns, and then the devs could remove the option for the guns for which this new ammo type didn't work very well.
  11. Foxirus

Excellent. So now we just have to keep this thread alive long enough and pray that maybe a passing developer actually looks at it.
  12. DatVanuMan

YES. I just want it, man:eek: I NEED THAT MECHANIC.
  13. tgipier

In other news, betelgeuse's heat mechanic is better then I have expected as I can shave off a lot of reloading times, still wish the mag size to be buffed though.
  14. STR1D3R109

If you guys get a cool overheating mechanic, then us TR better get something too! A cool barrel attachment or something ;P
  15. No_STG

I don't think its wanting it, more like if its going to be possibly forced on the players, at least make it optional so people can test it and decide if it's good for them or not.
    • Up x 1
  16. ZomboWTF

I still don't like the idea, TR and NC will cry out "OP!" and will get something like an ammunition type firing three rounds at the same time or shotgun ammo for every gun, while we will get unlimited ammo that makes engineers useless and is not THAT good to begin with, except for tree camping LAs/Snipers
  17. Haquim

Nah, take your alien magics. The only ones shedding tears will be your engineers - its not like it happens often that you run out of ammo. Only way this could make me cry is if some glorious genius gets the idea to add that ammo type to rocket launchers...
  18. Foxirus

As if, the last FIVE. FIVE major battles I have run out of ammo because the engineers don't drop ammo packs. You just have to press F, Thats it. Its not that we don't have enough engineers, Its that none of them drop ammo unless you raise a **** storm up in region chat. Not to mention, The ability would not be available for ANY NS weapon (And not everyone will use the new ammo type). The engineers would be fine.
  19. Foxirus

No. Far to long we have had the most useless faction trait that doesn't even matter. No bullet drop. We don't get to use our own trait where it matters, Snipers, Tank rounds, Slugs on shotties, Rocket launchers... It is time that we got a real trait that made us stand out as a truly unique technology faction. No bullet drop doesn't matter because by the time you are fighting at that range, The recoil and kick of some of the guns are so bad that your aim is turned to **** anyways more so than it would with you just aiming a few pixels up to account for your bullet dropping.
  20. ZomboWTF

well, ideally i would just like to adapt the faction trait "low recoil" like everyone says VS has...