VS Heat Mechanics Videos?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cransoon, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Cransoon

So now that the heat mechanics have been implemented, I'm seeing a bunch of discussion about them. However, I haven't seen anybody posting any videos (probably because the Auraxium weapons aren't the easiest to get). Does anyone happen to have a video/can take a video of the new heat mechanics, and how they've been implemented onto the Auraxium weapons? Talking about them conceptually can only take you so far, before you have to see it in action, imo.
  2. Foxirus

Its a bunch of crap how they would only let 1% of the population test out the heat mechanic weapons. Its a feature I have wanted for the longest damn time. Biggest middle finger to me in planetside history.
  3. Shanther

The feature is rather lack luster to be honest. I much rather have the extra bit mag size. That being said if you want the weapons put in the work to get them. It isn't hard. I got my Polaris medal in IIRC 16 hours and my Betelgeuse in 14.
  4. Foxirus

Tell me something, How often do you just sit there and pray and spray? How many times do you just hold down the trigger and not let it up to reset the cone? If you say anything other than very rarely, I doubt all that you are player wise. When you stop firing your gun will start cooling down, That is regained ammunition. In that time you regained that ammunition, You would have MORE ammo than you would with the typical limited ammo system.
    • Up x 1
  5. Klypto

• Up x 2
  6. Shanther

It isn't hard to manage it is just very trippy. Even still with the little I did play today I was constanting finding myself in a situation where I wished I had 10 more rounds or a SVA-88. Until you actually get a chance to use them I wouldn't try and pass judgement on a person who has. A very large part of the issue I and probably a lot of other people are having right now is entirely a mental one. I was honestly considering unbinding my reload button.
  7. TownCryer8

Except it doesn't. There's a noticeable delay to the cool down after you stop firing, making not only sustained fire impossible but even burst firing, good luck trying to mow down enemies with 20 bullets. For this heat mechanic to work, it should cooldown instantly on stopping fire or else the devs have found yet another way to nerf VS.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mongychops

Would you rather they spend months and months trying to come up with a weapon with "unique VS mechanics", and then release another Spiker or Phaseshift because they are too afraid of making a waepon with unique mechanics overpowered?

As far as the game devs are concerned, this is the perfect way for them to get balance data on the new mechanics, by giving "free" guns to high battle rank players with extensive experience with a class (enough to get auraxium on 5 different guns), they can get lots of data as to how the mechanic is too good, and other ways it is not good enough by comparing its performance to the other weapons these players used. If heat mechanics are viable, you can be sure there will be purchasable guns released with the mechanic.

That said, I would hope that the Auraxium weapons were made available in VR at least.
  9. DatVanuMan

The mechanic allows for amazingly long times of suppression AND the lack of the need to RELOAD. Those are two large advantages, man. But I say, make the infinite ammo a free ammo option.
  10. MotionBlured

They could have used any other weapons to test this on, and come out with far more data. Put it on the least bought VS carbine and watch sales skyrocket, plus a crap ton of data.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shanther

But not nearly as well as you think. The delay between shooting and the cooldown doesn't allow for a long time of supression.
  12. Mongychops

There were (and still are) a lot of TR players upset about the change to the Lynx, and that was a far smaller mechanical change.
  13. MotionBlured

Hardly. Changing ROF and accuracy is a big change. Changing mag size is not, AND most people are much happier with the current Lynx.

Your point is irrelevant either way.
  14. DatVanuMan

Indeed. I still support it, though. I just want to see a video about it, OR try it out myself. If a lot of people dislike it, AT LEAST make it an ammo option.
  15. Shanther

I don't think it is BAD it is just annoying to use for various reasons.
  16. sindz

The delay and number of bullets before you reach overheat is pathetic - making it way worse than what we had before.

65 mag orion was freaking awesome, now its ****. Couldnt care less about unlimited ammo, your lifespan is never that long or mayb1 1 out of 30 times you reach that point where ammo is needed.
  17. Mongychops

It is a fundamental change to how the weapon is played, significantly increasing the horizontalrecoil, and halving the magazine size from 65 to ~30 fundamentally changes the weapon's nature.

I am not claiming a majority of TR dislike the new Lynx, I am saying that there are players who paid real money for a weapon, and then had it changed. That kind of change should not be done on a whim. the fundamental change to the Striker is appropriate because it is nearly impossible for the previous mechanics to be balanced, while being distinct enough from the NS Annihilator.
  18. Elrobochanco

I really hope the whining doesn't get them reverted before I get to take a shot at them on my carbines.
  19. sindz

I love how people who never tried the mechanic classifies it as "whining". Having 20-25 bullets in a carbine with normal 143 dmg model simply isnt enough. Atm its a nerf to vanu weapons with no upside - seeing how unlimited ammo is only a problem maybe 1 out of 30 times in average lifespan.
  20. DatVanuMan

Indeed it may for some people. So, it is made as an ammo option, people aren't forced to use it:)
  21. Elrobochanco

Well that was my point, the general population can't check it yet. But it is still whining, they are prestige weapons, they don't need to be "better" they need to be unique. Things that someone who had mastered that class of weapon would need to adapt to even further.

It's probably too few bullets, but your description doesn't change the fact of what I said about not wanting the whining to remove the uniqueness itself.