Unable to Update files

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EzioDevil, Aug 30, 2014.

1. EzioDevil

After the Valkyrie update, there was some 150Mb update that I cannot download as you can see here:

[IMG]

Any idea whats going or any sort of solution?

ps: I have already tried deleting Planetside.exe (both x86 and x64) and Assets files
  2. Cobsy

I just had this error, and I tried doing what you did, delete the x64 and x86 exe-files. problem was, it could not delete them because they were open in "Steamclientbootstrapper" which is weird, because I have never run PS2 through Steam.
    Aaaaanyhow, I deleted the Steam.exe process in taskmanager, and won't you believe it, it actually managed to install the files, hope this fixes it for you :)
  3. Reavenant

Maybe because you have killed the process which was using those files? :p

I assume that it was installed through Steam and you launch it manually from your hard drive. Right? If so then the steambootstrapper will always run (even if Steam is not running) as it's referred to as install/uninstall manager for PS2 in your windows registry records.
  4. Cobsy

I
    It actually is not installed through steam, I played this since early beta and when game was released I downloaded the actual launcher, so why it worked when I killed the Steam Bootstrapper beats me :p