32bit client is completely non-functional. FIX IT!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stigma, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Stigma

I know I know , there are plenty of threads on this already. I just want to increase the visibility of the problem, becuase this is such a serious issue that a large portion of the player-base can't even attempt to play until it gets fixed.

This is completely unacceptable SOE. What sort of quality assurance process do you have when you don't even test if your executables can run before going live with them??

-Stigma
    • Up x 7
  2. scrubudu

+1 up.

OS Win64, i used to convert the executables with a batch before playing since months.. it was great.. it worked.. i got to pay then SOE for playing.. as a reward that at least one executable was working under AMD/ATI configuration...(X64 not playable lagging too much.. even if i'm fully into the specs...)..

Fix the X86 executable please !!!
    At least before the bug fixes for X64 version....

-Thyss
    • Up x 2
  3. AlasPoorJoric

Patching now... fingers crossed.
  4. AlasPoorJoric

Bugger... still CTD.
  5. scrubudu

6. dezusa

There can never be too many threads about SoEs failed patch for 32bit computers.
    still stuck with this right after pressing the play button:

[IMG]

And then insta crashes back to the launcher / desktop
    • Up x 6
  7. Raveboy

I feel your pain man..Logged in all good after few minutes crashed..4 times already after this updates
  8. 0oze

Some kind of response from SOE (for example "we know about this problem") would be nice.
  9. FBVanu

You mean you could actually login, you mean into the game, and see warpgate???

I can just look at the "PLAY" button and it crashes right then and there..

all kidding aside.. its pretty bad, really bad timing on SOE's part, they should have known, could have known and on and on..

Only reason we barely tolerate this is because it is a great game...
    • Up x 1
  10. scrubudu

I always wondered if they have some SLAs (the extra minimum...at least... ) seems not..
    Neither pre-production --> production process... seems not either...
    I wonder sometimes if we are really in 2014...
    And if i really paid for that ^^ seems yes... :eek:

Its a shame.. they don't seem to realize they have already loosen lots of potential customers because of that.. and will loose still more if nothing changes if their way to do...
    (and, SOE, dunnot argue you do not have money for that.. sometimes, its just a question of organization... we name that "question de bon sens" in french... )
  11. dezusa

Been a few hours and its still not resolved. SoE's failure of this scale shouldnt go without compensation :confused:
    • Up x 1
  12. Raveboy

Yes I can log in n play man but only lasted few minutes after that I just crashed..Tried restart n everything still crashed in the end..So I cant really play like most of you too
  13. Stigma

Just to be clear - I think the most common problem that people are having is this:
    You start the launchpad, swap the EXE files like usual, and then when you press play the client just crashes immediately upon opening.

It would be nice to clarify from users that only have a 32bit OS if any of them can actually start the game (ie. if the problem is somehow connected to the automatic detection of what exe is used rather than a flat out broken 32bit exe). From other threads I have read it it seems like 32bit users essentially are experiencing the same as people on 64bit OS that just want to use the 32bit client for whatever reason - but it doesn't hurt to get more feedback from people here.

BTW the launchpad really ought to have some better support for choosing what client version you run. Even if this was just some editable config-file somewhere. Having to use user-made batch files to do the job (and then often redownload files every time you restart the launcher), while a workable solution, is way too cumbersome and unprofessional.

-Stigma
  14. Chrispin

I play on exclusively 32 bit client because the 64 bit version actually gives me worse performance, but yea it doesn't work. When I hit "Play" on the launcher I get brought to a black screen and then the game just exits. Please fix SOE!
    • Up x 1
  15. SynaptixBrainstorm

and i hoped when i opened the ps2launchpad that they fixed it cuz' it said while it downloaded "patching x86 FILE". but then just the same trash like yesterday. #FACEPALM is real.

This and other "little" things are driving the players away into the arms of other games..when will SOE finally realize that they have to do good work/perfect work nowadays instead of failing every..every single time again...

SOE listen im willing to spend some money for just SC but still...only if i can play this weekend like im used to do with the 32bit client..i was about to get some new fancy camos and reach finally BR100 on this weekend. now look what you have done: bad work all in the favour of your typical style:mad:
  16. SynaptixBrainstorm

You are exactly right there. 32bit system users cant play AT ALL!

And i cant because of horrible stuttering on my 64bit system.....and i had so much fun the past 2 weeks playing in all the 48+ fights:DWithout ANY kind of trouble!!:(...one reason for me to get new camos but now:mad:<<< look what you have done to my face SOE it has changed ^.^...

....actually sad....though
    • Up x 2
  17. Conscript Jones

Yup, still unable to launch the 32 bit version of the game even after the little patch today.

What baffles me is SOE's complete lack of response on this issue.

Not even a 'we're aware of the problem and we're looking into it' or 'Sorry guys we no longer support 32 bit'

Great way to keep your player-base onside.
    • Up x 1
  18. SynaptixBrainstorm

If they stop the support for the 32bit client then im out
    • Up x 2
  19. SynaptixBrainstorm

20. SynaptixBrainstorm

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/563199069 higby said something about it here at 36:10