My idea to reborn the Spiker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Aug 29, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

Everybody knows how broken is Spiker right now. Before the update we were asking for burst fire pistol, not for charging s**t. Anyway, there are many ideas to change the Spiker, I will present my to you.

New pistols are fitting faction traits - NC got shotgun, TR got rapid fire. Vanu got charge mechanic which is useless on pistol. My idea is to delete charge mechanic and make it only burst fire pistol. The problem is NC and TR already have those - NC has 2 round burst, TR has 3 round. Vanu is always somewhere in between, but you can't have 2,5 rounds burst... wait.. you can, and thats my idea: Make 2,5 rounds burst pistol.
    How? It would have 2 burst types: 2 and 3 round. It would fire 2 rounds once, then 3 rounds and again 2
    It would look like this 2-3-2-3-2-3-2

And there are 2 variants:
    1) Both bursts types have the same damage and RoF, making them have different burst time. It would be hard to control
    2) Bursts have different RoF and dmg values, but same burst time and same damage per burst. It would be the same to control as usual burst weapons

Also, Vanu weapons are usually the most special. I think this is very special and Ive never heard about weapon like that
    What are your thoughts? Which variant do you like more? Would you like it more than actual Spiker or Spiker 1.0?
  2. KenDelta

I'd be happy if the charge mechanic was to hit 1 single(1HKO) bullet , rather than a burst of 6(?) bullets.
    ^And you can sprint/cloak while charging.
    • Up x 1
  3. phreec

Or just add the 2rd burst as a toggleable firemode. Default as semi/charge shot and switch for 2rd burst. That way you'd still get an effective 2rd burst weapon but retain the (very) situational capability of 6rd charged burst.
    • Up x 1
  4. patrykK1028

If 2rd burst was NC or TR burst pistol effective - yes.
    I dont want this stupid charge at all
  5. Person7man

Your idea isn't bad per se but SOE would find a way to screw it up. All the VS wants is a desperado/repeater mode and a charge mode separately. Simple, effective, and impossible to screw up.
  6. Capca

Just make it so it automatically charges/chambers a 6 (or 5 or 4, whatever is more balanced) shot burst immediately, so you can fire a full burst immediately. After you release the trigger it begins charging/chambering up to the maxiumim again. It should take about 1 to 1.5 seconds to fully charge up, fast enough that it would still single shot if you spammed the trigger, yet burst if you delay your shots a little.
  7. zombielores

Just give me spiker 1.0 where the burst was better then the desperado and on part with the repeater, but give it 2 fire modes, charge/burst and only burst.