[Suggestion] Kind of Disappointed in the Auraxium Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cookie5000, Aug 27, 2014.

1. VonStalin

After finishing NC carbines directive I am no longer interested in those...
    You can't change attachments! What's the point? Skin? Nope, not gonna use ****** weapon just because of unique skin...
  2. Goretzu

The problem is some of them seem to be designed by people that frankly don't play the game.

Take the NC6 SAW, there's only one sensible way to cert that up, compensator and advanced foregrip (with or without HVA to taste).

Yet the GOD SAW isn't effectively set up like that, which makes it just worse than a sensibly set up NC6.

Which just leaves everyone scratching their heads as to why they'd use it. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

It's not just one, though, the GOD SAW has the same issue, just being worse than the NC6 SAW.

Not massively worse, admittedly, but still not as good.
  4. Vixxing

You are still better off than VS: they want to give us seriously UP heatmechanics...
    On test the Solstice Auraxium it has 20 rounds before it overheats.

A HA has 1500-2000 health. The Solstice Auraxium's clip size before it overheats can do a maximum of 2860 damage if you're within 10m and every shot lands. Now lets say you are literally the best LA in the game (VonicVS) and have a 36% accuracy with a 13% HSR. The most bullets you'll be able to land on someone is 8 with 13% of those being head-shots. (It's 7.2, but I'm being generous) That means you'll land 8 shots with 1 being a headshot.

Math works out to 1287 damage... at the most.

GG SOE, you made it literally mathematically impossible for the best LA in the game to kill a BR1 HA
  5. Yuukikun

I have a bandwith limit so i won't make a video about damage drop off, but from testing the beamer reaches farther.

In this video you can see that the immortal bullets take almost 2x more time to reach the same distance.
  6. lothbrook

Except it does since its maximum damage range is shorter than the beamer, lol.
  7. DatVanuMan

What? NAHHHHHH...
    Well, of course not!
    You have to believe me!
    OKAY, maybe a bit.
    Yes.
    OH, YOU BET:p
  8. MotionBlured

Lets be honest, who's going to fire a suppressed beamer at something over 30m away?
  9. Prudentia

Beamer: 167/10 (Maximum damage) 100/60 (Minimum damage)
    Immortal: 167/10(Maximum damage) 100/40 (Minimum damage)
    Sup. beamer: 167/6 100/40
  10. Maphreal

I think they should be the same as their base gun, except they have their unique look/sound and have access to a wider variety of attachments.
  11. TheKhopesh

All the directive pistols are bad.
    The Assault Rifles are the worst of the Directive weapons so far though.
    They have HVA with all the added bloom and downsides, but it doesn't even add extra velocity.
    (And of the directive AR's the NC's is the worst. While the others are at least controllable, the Prime kicks like an uncerted Gauss Saw, but without the damage per round.)

If they wanted to make the AR's decent:

They'd fix HVA for the TR and VS so that they could do more damage at range and have extra velocity.
    Meanwhile, the NC have a 650 m/s 167 AR, so damage and velocity aren't something we really need for better range use.
    For the NC, we sacrifice accurate shots for hard hitting, so to improve it's ranged use, just trade the HVA for an advanced forward grip.

Tada!
    Now all the Directive AR's are certed specifically for ranged use, and are evenly balanced against eachother.
  12. Halo572

Pretty much to be expected response from those that have/will get them.

Take it that they are likely primarily going to be rank 100, there needs to be some pay off that will increase the ability to farm other players and also increase the vitally crucial to this title unfair advantage to make sure there is absolutely no chance they will lose in a 1-1 engagement.

Even less so than ensuring the chances are zero normally.

Which means that these new skinned weapons need to be uber so that only a handful of players get to exploit them, because that is why they stick around instead of moving on.

OR you just stick to the already tried and tested outrageously obvious ways to farm that already exist. Because that is why they stick around instead of moving on.

At most the only mistake that SOE have made is make them worse. Just make them the same with a different skin, that is all you people want to display your prowess.

For the rest of us it is something they put in that means nothing and likely never will.

I might get the LA suit - maybe 6 months, maybe a year, maybe never - other than that there is zero chance measured in thousands if not billions of years of me bothering to grind for a skin for any other class, not even beginning to mention the context of the state of the programming and player base and therefore title longevity.

The pyro title was for fun, you ground a ridiculous weapon, you died, you completed it. These are not fun or desirable in any way for a normal player nor particularly realistic to achieve.
  13. Goiiath

My first random recording on bandicam with the bighorn.50. In all honesty I do prefer the SR-7, but if the hit reg was consistent for headshots on the bighorn, I definitely see the advantage to using the bighorn.50 for its velocity. (Bullets seem to go a little bit above the crosshairs for some reason, so you'll see me aiming for the neck or jaw for headshot kills). The advantage the bighorn does give it the ability to drop moving targets. Also I argue that the devs do play the game, at least for sniper rifles. Compensator + Straight-pull is the classic loadout for bolt-actions if you wanna drop people fast. Biggest issue many would argue is a 7x scope for the range the bighorn is effective in. Honestly though, you should be able to gauge targets with any kind of scope once you've gotten the bighorn. (Tsar was a pain to snipe 500+m using the 4x for me haha). So whats the biggest problem about the 7x scope if most of us can get used to it? We don't know where the bullet is going haha. I might be crazy but consistently I feel like my bullet is rising above where the crosshairs were aiming. So in long distance scenarios, sometimes the bullet goes straight to the head, while a shorter distance, it goes right over. I'm still doing some testing, but its as if at a certain point, the rise of the bullet (caused by whatever is going on, seems to cancel out bullet drop at some point O_O;). With a 7x scope its hard to see the bullet at longer ranges, and therefore its hard to compensate your aim for where the bullet will land as you do with bullet drop. I do feel we should get the options for different attachments though. I favour the 12x scope but that's a personal preference. Other than either hit reg, or strange bullet flight, I honestly don't mind the bighorn and enjoy using this directive weapon. With the new upgrade, it looks like the butcher is going to become a beast though, and the bighorn's reload time is lowered, so I'll see how this affects it.
  14. Cookie5000

./       ;ヽ
         l  _,,,,,,,,_,;;;;i
        l l''|~___;;、_y__ lミ;l
          ゙l;| | `'",;_,i`'"|;i |
         ,r''i ヽ, '~rーj`c=/  <You follow me again you die!
       ,/  ヽ  ヽ`ー"/:: `ヽ
      /     ゙ヽ   ̄、:::::  ゙l,
     |;/"⌒ヽ,  \  ヽ:   _l_                
     l l    ヽr‐─ヽ_|_⊂////;`ゞ--―─-r| |                   / |
     ゙l゙l,     l,|`゙゙゙''―ll___l,,l,|,iノ二二二二│`""""""""""""|二;;二二;;二二二i≡二三三l
     | ヽ     ヽ   _|_  _       "l ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ |二;;二二;;二=''''''''''' ̄ノ
     /"ヽ     'j_/ヽヽ, ̄ ,,,/"''''''''''''⊃r‐l'二二二T ̄ ̄ ̄  [i゙''''''''''''''''"゙゙゙ ̄`"
    /  ヽ    ー──''''''""(;;)   `゙,j"  |  | |
  15. Cookie5000

Also all interesting points, debates and opinion guys! All do I really hope SOE does something about it. It basicly is the same weapon re-skinned and re-animated and even downgraded. I mean, if this game was moddable, this would be something that we would see in a mod.
  16. DatVanuMan

THAT IS SO FAQING COOL. I FOREVER SHALL WORSHIP YOU.
    Cookie5000, Our Lord and Savior.
    • Up x 1
  17. DoomFruit

Interesting. Things are not looking good for the Immortal.