SOE,please release patch notes for every patch on the test server

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ghost_Leader, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Ghost_Leader

Title says it all,really.This month we got 2 big updates on the test server,introducing the Valkyrie and all we got was a few "We got a big update tonight on PTS" posted on Twitter.How can we test something,when we don't know what exactly changed? There are of course exclusions - security fixes,back end stuff and such don't really need to be mentioned(and if they're in a small patch),but not getting patch notes for a 500mb patch is silly.
    • Up x 7
  2. BurntDevil

This.

Without notes the test server is essentially a waste of time. Cant test everything if we dont know everything.
    • Up x 3
  3. commandoFi

They don't even have to be polished or spelled well. We just need to know what is happening. We can't really give feedback on changes we don't know of, and if getting feedback isn't what PTS is for, what is?
    • Up x 1
  4. Matt879

It's been 16 days since the last patch notes were put up (they weren't even patch notes, just a hint that the valkyrie was out). Just quickly type out all the changes you've made SOE, we've had several updates now where we had no idea what changed.
  5. sindz

Just go on reddit, SOE completely abandoned the offical forums.

Also great Higby tweeting, go test on testserver without any patch notes = typical day at SOE.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liquidrider

7. WyrdHarper

Just follow shaql on reddit. He does patch notes for every update on PTS, and creates albums for any new art that is added.
    • Up x 1
  8. WarmasterRaptor

Funny this is the " " " " " official forums " " " " " . Officially disregarded. Officially the last to know. :p
    • Up x 3
  9. d_carey Developer

It's a matter of time. Compiling path notes takes hours, and that's time spent I can't track builds. Shaql's work is great and I'd suggest using his notes. I also tweet when something big goes to Test that we need checked out.
    • Up x 5
  10. KleenexTissues

You can find Shaql's unofficial PTS patch notes on reddit.com/r/planetside :) He usually posts the patchnotes within 2-3 hours after a PTS update.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jeslis

What happened to todays patch? heard nothing about it being canceled?
    • Up x 1
  12. Borsty

• Up x 1
  13. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Hey Guys, maybe you saw it already, as per your request/feedback and in cooperation with shaql we are going to post the "unofficial Patchnotes" on the forums too. You can find the first post here. Thanks to shaql again.

greetings, dark
    • Up x 2
  14. Eyeklops

500meg? Mine is 9 gig!!!
  15. shaql

if you miss a few (3) patches for a given file, you have to redownload it. so if you miss several patches (especially big ones that modify most of the pack files), you have to redownload most of the files. and PTS is patched damn often. so sometimes about a week or two of not patching would be enough to force you to redownload the files.
  16. BurntDevil

A few hours rofl. I did patch notes for SOE's Infantry Online in 5 minutes and I didnt even get paid to dev that sorry game. All you do is write down the change as you do it. Hours. Thats a good one.
    • Up x 1
  17. commandoFi

Thanks a lot man, it really is great for those of us who don't want to have to follow half a dozen sites just to keep up with this game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

Hours for making patch notes? Holy cactus. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  19. Ghost_Leader

Can't you get someone else,like RadarX for example,do it instead of you? He is PS2's community manager AFAIK.If that's not possible at least give us a rough estimate of what's changed or some sort of message into what you're looking to test.Stuff like:

"Hey guys,we've changed these and these weapons,added 1 new weapon for each faction,this base got redesigned.We're looking to test this and this." Something in those lines shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  20. Doomzzg

Spend that time WORKING on it then
    A lot of people does not go to Reddit for many reasons. And telling us to go and watch his unofficial notes is bad excuse, so you won't have to work on official patch notes yourself. Instead you wait until the patch is one week away or so, to make a thread and post them there.
    Or you could spend time on releasing PATCH NOTES, so the few players that are on the test server could actually test something that could be broken or not functioning correctly.

The way you have "communicated" with the PTS community, by putting us in the shadows not letting us know what is what is nothing short of how bad things actually are. Hell, i don't even think PSU knows what's what until said notes are posted.

And now that the patch is live, someone already found how broken the sights are.
    http://puu.sh/bcOjR/55d88bd3b6.jpg
    • Up x 1