The Valkyrie is ready for the fight!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ghlain, Aug 26, 2014.

1. MasonSTL

What frame were you guys using??? The only time I had a problem with it was with the Evasion frame, the hover frame make precise landing a sinch. More speed at the cost of imprecise landing is a good trade to me. It also just takes some practice, I got it down after 20 min on the PTS

Pro Tip: when using the Evasion frame, pull down the throttle then pull the nose up and TAP the v thrust. Too much v thrust will get you moving. Being a bit tough is a good thing i think.
  2. Elrobochanco

I was using evasion. Even if you v thrust angled up as you land you really need to take a lot of time to bleed speed before you can settle down.

I mean I know there are trade offs but I can land in half the time in a high G Gal with pretty good precision. The Valk just bounces and slides if you try the same. I want to say it feels like it has to do with analogue throttle not killing both the horizontal and vertical thrust, so you just keep gliding/sliding.
  3. BurntDevil

Both airframes suffer from the sliding, and the odd vthrust issues related to landing. Prior to the update, the evasion airframe was nearly perfect, now its just annoying to use. Hover is somewhat better, but you really dont get that fine motor control evasion had. I would of rather them make a racer airframe and not tacked that on to the evasion airframe.
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

After testing a bit, I think the Valks composite should grant a % resist per level to Dumbfire missiles.
    It takes two standard rockets to kill it, with max comp it should at least offer the pilot a second or two activate the suppressor.
  5. susspect3

Well i may be wrong but when i am single manning my harasser as engineer it seems a lot slower repairing it from rumble seat, rather than doing it from outside ?
  6. Ronin Oni

It most certainly is slower when in rumble seat.

Allowing Valks to stack 4 engies repairing would mitigate that limit though, and could potentially allow them to tank more damage than is appropriate.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I think Harrasers have a 70% repair speed nerf from the inside, so the Valk, if it has the same, would be repaired at 120%.
    Not that groundbreaking.
  8. BarxBaron

Why, yes. It was evasion frame ;p

Even with evasion I've become better at landing. Its really all about the thrust and reverse. Forward motion is almost non-necessary even in full evasive flight.

Somtimes you forget thought and off you go like a sled in friggin' mid December ;)
  9. Middi

I have no idea why people are having issues with stopping.

It is completely possible to stop on a dime and land in the Valkyrie.

Kill vertical thrust, press and hold S key, Pitch left/right and pull up, hold yaw left/right, and burn vertical thrust for a second when the bottom of the Valk is facing in the opposite direction of motion, then level out.

Piece of cake! :)

My biggest issue with the Valk is the fact that the belly gun and the rumble seat passenger crosshairs move with the Valk. I fully believe the weapons/passengers aiming should be completely separate from the Valk's motion (stable weapons) up until they hit they're aiming range.

Not only will this increase the effectiveness of the weapons which are currently underpowered/well balanced, but it will also allow for some fun piloting techniques due to the fact that the pilot doesn't have to kill all motion just for gunners to hit the broad side of a barn.