State of PS2 8/25

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 25, 2014.

1. LOLdragon

Curious about what they mean by this... especially what they mean by "certain areas." Sure, the game isn't thriving like World of Warcraft, but I still think the overall game quality is great! A statement like this implying the "overall game quality... isn't in great shape" sounds unusually negative and makes me worry a little.

I'm going to remain optimistic, though. There's still nothing else like this game, and a launch on the PS4 is sure to generate a lot more interest in the game!
  2. Bovox

Overall game quality as in can't log in 90% of the time for over a week. When one does actually manage to get in and enjoying the game, it decides to kick them to desktop for unknown reasons. "GAME QUALITY"
  3. VioletZero

It means they're being honest about how bad things are right now and they're working hard to improve it.

Most of the problem is that this is infantryside 2.
  4. happyharrie

thanks for the info fellas while your at it could you nerf the vs ppa please tar very much
  5. andy_m

Would it be safe to assume that the Wednesday update is not going ahead now?
  6. Alastyn

yes what happend to the update. been searching the net for news its wednesday (27/8) isnt it??

atleast post some news hurrryyyyyyyy
  7. GiorgyGR

I hope "Hit registration improvements" will be a BIGone -because previously statements about "lag compensation improvements"
    brought no positive results.

Also i hope something will be done about Europe servers ping.
    While i had normally 70-75 ..now it's ~130 constantly spiking to 300+

Both Miller and Cobalt are struggling&suffering without producing quality gameplay
  8. OpolE

Title: The 'STATE' of PS2.

Terrible title and keyword.
  9. WMDeath

Yeeeahhh but I hope it is released later today D:
  10. PoxLUFC

Better login, better play, less stutter, however I ain't resubbing just yet, I've got this strange de ja vous feeling going on, if ya know what I mean....
  11. TheVeteran627

I know what you mean Pox, I think i will wait to resub until we see just what they do in september. I've in the planetside universe since PS1 came out, I do NOT want to see the game die. Its the only game I can personally think of that all you have to do is login and BOOM! YOU ARE AT WAR! lol such mayhem, such beautiful, magnificent, mayhem lol.
  12. Halcyon

So what happened to the effects of the OMFG patch?
    Did all that wear off?
  13. MasTreP

14. Rice_eater27

OH man i was looking forward to it afterwork....oh well i guess i can do some yard work then.......but i dont want to.....
  15. Deridium

Hi!

As you (SoE) admits yourselves that the game is not in a very good state at the moment I am curious to hear your input on a few aspects:

* Due to having a history of a game that is quite bug filled and general technical issues: Do you think you provide a good game with good stability to your clients? Honestly.

* As the reputation of the game is quite down the drain and most new players are free2play ppl who quite soon leave the game. Have you ever thought about compensating your paying clients that actually pay to pay this beta game?

* As a paying client myself I would like to see some change in staff on specially QA of the product you deliver. Has this ever been a discussion or do you feel that your product lives up to the high standards required overall by software companies?

* There are grand promises about new functionality, new content etc said in about every update. How about you actually focus on the main problem you seem to be having, bug correction, instead of trying to throw out broken functionality. (Not even going to list things you released ahead of time to introduce even more bugs)

Cheers

Derid

ps. Lets see if you communicate something to the playerbase or will a classic "we are aware and doing all we can" response?
  16. Scatterblak

Is this due to issues associated with the database design/schema? It sounds like either the auditing isn't there, or there's an issue with table relations. The information is in there (or the platform wouldn't support tracking kills per player anyway), so unless you actually lost data due to some sort of hardware failure, either the schema is convoluted to the point where querying out the information across the entire playerbase would take a prohibitively long time, or the platform is dropping data (which wouldn't be surprising, considering the amount of moment-to-moment transaction-based data the platform has to handle). As far as 'there's no way to run a query to sort it out', that just sounds very odd when the game server doesn't have a problem managing this information on a moment-by-moment basis during normal play. if this is *really* the case, I hope someone is rethinking the current schema; preserving value data (data that the client has invested in, either through time or money) is considered part of Database Design™ 101.

As an aside, I'd be happy to remotely lend you the services of my team for a day, gratis, to look at the schema and see if they can see a way to get it done. They've been managing a database of 60+ million Americans and their entire health histories for 10 years now - more than 100,000 tables in the primary platform, and half a trillion points to manage. They're pretty good, and sometimes a fresh set of eyes can see something that might have been missed.
    • Up x 1
  17. Devrailis

Thank you.
  18. bl33ping

does this mean we were supposed to get an update on weds? :p
  19. CaptainKadoodle

But what time will the update come out?
    I desperately want to try the valkyrie!
  20. CoRRh

Based on previous SOE Shenanigans, wait about a year and ask again. ;)